Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

No Plans to Implement Hockey League

Hockey (Unlimited Choices)

• Sounds fun

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Sounds not fun

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'd watch it

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I'd play on a team

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • My town would build a home arena

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters

MasonMcBadbat

Slicer
Hi there,

So hockey. Fun game, it's on ice, slap a slime into some goals with wooden hoes.

I figure hockey would be fun on Loka as members of a town could come together and show prowess in something that isn't pvp for their city. Teams of three/four/(?) bearing their town's colors can participate in tournaments which lend themselves nicely as spectator sports and it would be excellent content for youtubers to cover to get that extra publicity.

The issue being that, to my knowledge, there's just one hockey arena by Hilo. Not only that, it hasn't been used much and attempts to use it would require a full fledged event with dedicated staff to monitor. That's a lot to be done if people just want to play a pickup game without the potential for an attack.

So the suggestion is a menu option to que up for a game of hockey like we have for vota. People could pick their teams so that organized groups can compete against one another and others can opt to spectate and cheer their team on. The map for these games could consist of one default rink at first, but if towns have the builders, they could build their own home rinks to be added to the rotation. New titles and championships can be made which draw in those who don't main pvp, helping them stay active.

So that's the thought, thanks for reading! -M

DFG1125

Slicer
I think this could be a cool edition, but I'm a bit confused on how it would work, how would you hit slime into a goal with a hoe? Minecraft doesn't work like that to my knowledge.

MasonMcBadbat

Slicer
I think it should be an actual minigame in /pvp
I do remember seeing a minigame area in the Loka hub, this could be a good pilot for other game modes like it there seeing as its less about pvp.
I think this could be a cool edition, but I'm a bit confused on how it would work, how would you hit slime into a goal with a hoe? Minecraft doesn't work like that to my knowledge.
Usually the slime is given an obscene amount of health and regeneration and the hoes are enchanted with knockback. Though if it were an official game mode on loka, there would have to be more gears in the works like a scoreboard and mechanics deciding when the slime is in the goal and dropping it back to center ice.

Back