Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Holidays in Loka

Zor95

Slicer
So on Artifact a group of us would decorate Gaia's Cradle for the holidays. There was a competition to count all the pumpkins and a massive jack-o-lantern at the center for Halloween. For Christmas we built snow golems and covered the entire place in snow. We couldn't think of anything for Thanksgiving (it's an American only holiday anyways) so we raided Skylance and Cathedral and spread the wealth around. What was great about this was that just about every player passed through Gaia daily and saw it.

It's a little bit early but I thought I'd ask anyways. Would it be possible for a couple of us to get spawn permissions to decorate for the holidays? If not then Crypt can probably cook up something. Because he loves us. Me. :D.

K

KenuDragonfire

I like the part where we launch one final strike on Skylance. Oh. Right. Already done that. I guess it depends: will we be at 1.4 before or after Halloween? We can still decorate and everything, but I was thinking maybe a head-collecting competition?

EpicBacon99

Slicer
KenuDragonfire said:
I like the part where we launch one final strike on Skylance. Oh. Right. Already done that. I guess it depends: will we be at 1.4 before or after Halloween? We can still decorate and everything, but I was thinking maybe a head-collecting competition?

Head collection? Sounds fun :D

Zor95

Slicer
I think most countries have a form of Thanksgiving but the most widely known is the American one.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
In England we dont really celebrate anything other than christmas and easter, a small number do celebrate Halloween but thats about it. We also don't refer to it as the holidays, but non the less would be fun to do something :)

mopb3

Slicer
Magpieman said:
In England we dont really celebrate anything other than christmas and easter, a small number do celebrate Halloween but thats about it. We also don't refer to it as the holidays, but non the less would be fun to do something :)
Anyone who's anyone (Or wants an excuse to drink) Celebrates New Year and Halloween

13scooter13

Slicer
mopb3 said:
Magpieman said:
Anyone who's anyone (Or wants an excuse to drink) Celebrates New Year and Halloween

what at you saying mop? you like going out to drink? jkjk xD

adderman500

Slicer
Yeah mag is kinda wrong on that part. We celebrate Christmas and Easter most, but that by no means suggests that we don't celebrate any other festival, such as Halloween.

Zor95

Slicer
What are the chances we could build a massive redstone clock at spawn that counts down to New Years in December?

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
I'm not a huge fan of clocks in MC; at least, not the digital ones. Even though their wiring blows my mindgrapes, I'm not sure the lag it would cause at spawn would be a good idea. If there was some sort of far simpler version that's more subtle than a giant in-your-face clock, that might be cool.

Newdood

Slicer
Cryptite said:
I'm not a huge fan of clocks in MC; at least, not the digital ones. Even though their wiring blows my mindgrapes, I'm not sure the lag it would cause at spawn would be a good idea. If there was some sort of far simpler version that's more subtle than a giant in-your-face clock, that might be cool.
Maybe we could WE a 2-hour or such clock in spawn?

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
The other problem with redstone is that, while the server is rarely empty, when it is, redstone wiring turns off. This is what was causing the slicer course knife to break so much in its early days. Now it's just based on a timer in the code, rather than the actual redstone of entering the room. We could probably find a new years plugin countdown thing more easily than trying a redstone contraption.

Zor95

Slicer
Asy installed a plugin that allows you to pick certain chunks that will never unload, so he could apply it to spawn if he wanted to. A plugin specifically for New Years would be fine too though. Although we'll have to take into account the 24 time zones around the world.

mopb3

Slicer
You guys will be on minecraft at new years........

I would expect no less.

Back