Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Host Location Of Loka

Eyvah

Hi Lokans! Including me, many people are noticing that player ms is becoming a really big problem. As you know, Loka is growing larger and larger every day and people are joining from all countries around the world. Some are having 10ms some are 60 and some are having 160ms which makes the game play really difficult. As I notice most of the players are from EU and TR. We know that loka will not be hosted in EU so, many players want the hosting to be at somewhere both close to US, EU, TR. Many players would really enjoy the game more if the hosting was near Florida or somewhere East of United States, so players can have lower pings because so many of them are either in EU, US or TR. This has come to my attention, and I really wanted to let people know about it. I hope you think and consider about this. Have a good day Lokans!

FoxyBearGames

Guardian
The host is currently located in Virginia if I remember correctly. Unfortunately, it probably won't get much better than that for people living in Europe and South America (Lokas two largest populations). Maybe if Loka was (as you suggested) hosted in Florida, it could be slightly better, but that is to be seen.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
For those not aware it can be pretty deceptive how latitude in Europe lines up with North America. The yellow dot shows the rough location of the server currently. This is the most central location for us to host the server considering the bulk of our population is from North America (including the west coast), South America, and all over Europe. Even if we could host the server in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean it would increase the west coast of North America to the current ping of players from Turkey and vice versa, so there would be no gain, just a switch (the west coast US is comparable to western Europe currently).

We still want to expand and add another server location in Europe in the future, but while we still have a single central location there is no more optimal place to host it.
Latitude Map.jpg

czmpos

Slicer
Hi Lokans! Including me, many people are noticing that player ms is becoming a really big problem. As you know, Loka is growing larger and larger every day and people are joining from all countries around the world. Some are having 10ms some are 60 and some are having 160ms which makes the game play really difficult. As I notice most of the players are from EU and TR. We know that loka will not be hosted in EU so, many players want the hosting to be at somewhere both close to US, EU, TR. Many players would really enjoy the game more if the hosting was near Florida or somewhere East of United States, so players can have lower pings because so many of them are either in EU, US or TR. This has come to my attention, and I really wanted to let people know about it. I hope you think and consider about this. Have a good day Lokans!
+1 florida o chile pe!

Tqmen

Slicer
I’m EU and I got 90-105 ping this is already really good in my opinion, like this would like always just affect some people who live closer others live more far away. no one will ever have the exact ping they want that’s just a fact and I’m sure they already do everything they can to make it as stable as possible for everyone to play well.

Kippehz

Muted
no

Back