Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Host Location Of Loka

kSleep

For those not aware it can be pretty deceptive how latitude in Europe lines up with North America. The yellow dot shows the rough location of the server currently. This is the most central location for us to host the server considering the bulk of our population is from North America (including the west coast), South America, and all over Europe. Even if we could host the server in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean it would increase the west coast of North America to the current ping of players from Turkey and vice versa, so there would be no gain, just a switch (the west coast US is comparable to western Europe currently).

We still want to expand and add another server location in Europe in the future, but while we still have a single central location there is no more optimal place to host it.
View attachment 4643
but the earth is flat

idk69420

Muted
i have skywifi and live in scotland i can do a marathon by the time it takes to empty an inventory of pots +1

Lurnn

Slicer
The current holder of Champion title is of a similar region, fwiw.
infinite debate of what ping is better / worse

truth is they both hold immense pros and cons anyone can be a top / great player with either ping! (I say this as in low ping to 120ms max) after 120ms I'm not so sure what you can do.

Asynchronized

Slicer
i have skywifi and live in scotland i can do a marathon by the time it takes to empty an inventory of pots +1
geographically not terribly far away, its most likely your connection/interchanges locally. especially if you live rurally.
(i live in the middle of nowhere and still manage 93-95ms) (you can also diagnose a faulty interchange by doing a traceroute)

Last edited:

idk69420

Muted
geographically not terribly far away, its most likely your connection/interchanges locally. especially if you live rurally.
(i live in the middle of nowhere and still manage 93-95ms) (you can also diagnose a faulty interchange by doing a traceroute)
Its my sky wifi it sucks terribly

kSleep

infinite debate of what ping is better / worse

truth is they both hold immense pros and cons anyone can be a top / great player with either ping! (I say this as in low ping to 120ms max) after 120ms I'm not so sure what you can do.
I play on 100-130ping (it fluctuates but ussaly like 125) and I agree that up to 120 it's really not that bad

Wxndernut

I play on 11ms I think loka server is fine where it is. I can barely handle my ping spikes to 14ms as it is now

Back