Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion how to attack a town

Hatron

Slicer
I thought that there could be a custom recipe that I quite hard to get but is like tnt that lets u blow up blocks in enemy towns.

The blocks could respawn after set

Any other suggestions??

EastBowmen

Slicer
I disagree. I like that you're suggesting ways to improve raiding, but this would make raiding ridiculously easy. Everyone on the server would be broke except the one guy who makes a sky base or coats his base in obsidian.

EastBowmen

Slicer
But at the same time... I'm kinda on the fence about this. We need more ways to improve raiding as right now it's about who has a wall or not, but I feel this is a tad bit too OP. Perhaps if these blocks were 100 diamonds + this would be more acceptable because then no one could easily bust in to your vault with a couple diamonds.

I'd really like to see what other suggestions the public has about how to improve raiding.

Ajaxan

Slicer
The server advertises PvP but I wouldn't call this a heavy raiding server. So in general raiding should be difficult. And by that i mean you must wait and be patient. Wait for an opening and then strike. you can't just waltz in and blow up an enemy base.

For instance be invisible, wait for them to open a door to the town and follow them in. then steal stuff and get out. It should be more difficult for the raiding party.

Wolfegger

Slicer
I'm not keen on someone taking stuff I spent months gathering, enchanting, crafting. Introducing ways to access towns at this point would be horrible (I imagine there are others who would not tolerate it).

EastBowmen

Slicer
I too agree that raiding should be a very difficult task, but what about those that hide underground 24/7? I think there should be some way for them to be raided, at least to some extent.

Ajaxan

Slicer
I too agree that raiding should be a very difficult task, but what about those that hide underground 24/7? I think there should be some way for them to be raided, at least to some extent.

I suggested earlier some perks or something that you could only get by settling above ground. That way you can encourage people to live above ground and thus make raiding easier and not make living underground the only smart solution. Unfortunately it looks like people are rather attached to their underground cities though. XD

Wolfegger

Slicer
I also suggested that towns be required to keep a chest above ground that would hold some valuables (power shards take directly from the town generator?). It would have to be kept in an accessible area, but it could be hidden. This would encourage town members to build intricate buildings/structures in which to hide the one chest (might have to have restrictions, like you can't place 2000 chests and hide it amongst them). Raiders would expose themselves to possible PvP, should they get caught--and traps, should towns build them. There could be a limit to the number of times such a chest could be raided (once a day? Once a week?). This way, a town could lose something (but not all my hard-earned gear).

Had we started with a format where anything could be raided, like on some factions servers, then it would be a different story. But changing it now, after some spent so much time (and raiders would have to spend barely any to raid), would be nasty, just nasty :)

Back