Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion Implementing more block types to Loka

Terryn_Greystone

Slicer
With all of these updates happening to Minecraft, there's so many block types and items rolling in that I could see being really interesting for Lokas builds and gameplay. Such as Amethysts, Netherite blocks, blackstone, and many more.
I've been curious about if these type of blocks will be brought into the picture soon, and how we can expect them to be obtainable.
I've also been curious if I could potentially help implement such types of things, and which role I would have to apply to in order to be able to assist with stuff like that.

Vescure

Slicer
1.18 is all gonna be natural gen under y0 (mentioned in the december or january sots) so that solves the 1.17-1.18 blocks (besides amethyst geodes) that arent on loka, don't think there's a plan to add netherite and idk about blackstone

Terryn_Greystone

Slicer
1.18 is all gonna be natural gen under y0 (mentioned in the december or january sots) so that solves the 1.17-1.18 blocks (besides amethyst geodes) that arent on loka, don't think there's a plan to add netherite and idk about blackstone
Oh, I see. Glad to hear that'll be happening at least!
And I've been hoping that they'll add Netherite blocks purely for building. Though I agree, it probably won't happen.

Zachary_N_Kaleno

Sentry
Community Rep
1: Netherrite hasn't been added strictly because the armor has reduced KB I believe
2: It takes a long time for blocks to be added as they have to go through alot of talking Dev side, (Apply for Devs! It will be really appreciated!)
3: Basically it takes a long time for items to go through, small Development Team (you seriously wouldn't believe it)
4: Some items simply take less talking about, look at Axolotls, they came before Tridents!

Anyway, if you want some insight on what being a dev would be like, dm a few, ask!

Vescure

Slicer
1: Netherrite hasn't been added strictly because the armor has reduced KB I believe
2: It takes a long time for blocks to be added as they have to go through alot of talking Dev side, (Apply for Devs! It will be really appreciated!)
3: Basically it takes a long time for items to go through, small Development Team (you seriously wouldn't believe it)
4: Some items simply take less talking about, look at Axolotls, they came before Tridents!

Anyway, if you want some insight on what being a dev would be like, dm a few, ask!
preferably ask koi or foxy since they've been on the pve/build team for a longer period of time and know a bit more stuff

PartayArc

Sentry
I've also been curious if I could potentially help implement such types of things, and which role I would have to apply to in order to be able to assist with stuff like that.
Its been said before in State of the Server that Loka needs more world painters e.i the people who add oceans/nether to Loka.
Oh, I see. Glad to hear that'll be happening at least!
And I've been hoping that they'll add Netherite blocks purely for building.
It was discussed in 2 SotS ago that netherite would at most be cosmetic. I assume they might come from a quest or the treasure knifes (loot boxes) at the orb building.
Homie! A long time ago back in 1.12 Loka had a 1.13 PvP test and tridents were op !? Oceans was supposed to come out back in 2018 so LETS MAKE OCEANS GREAT AGAIN!!

FoxyBearGames

Guardian
It really depends on what the item is and what are plans are for it. Many of the blocks you mentioned do have plans and are actively being developed, however it does take time. Worldpainting is especially difficult, as after having done a bit of it over the past few weeks it's become very apparent just how tedious and intricate it is to make a good end product.

The tl;dr is simply that due to how Loka wants to implement these blocks, we would rather take our time than simply do it the easy or vanilla way.

DeathWolf

Slicer

Simply disable the crafting recipe for netherite armor using a datapack, I've done something similar before therefore I know it is possible, and that would solve the first problem.

koi0001

Guardian
Yeah it's a doozy alright. Kind of a part of Loka now for us to have some strange alternate way of pushing stuff out. We want there to be the cool awesome Loka experience and we want the avenues to obtain new blocks etc to be part of that.

We've discussed some of that on the SoTS. However, there's still much to be discussed and much that needs done sadly. Coral one day maybe sooner than later hopefully.

Zachary_N_Kaleno

Sentry
Community Rep
Simply disable the crafting recipe for netherite armor using a datapack, I've done something similar before therefore I know it is possible, and that would solve the first problem.
If it was this simple, I'm sure there was already an argument as to why not, probably future implementation, so it really wouldn't do the server thing good to just datapack it and then undatapack it a couple months later

Anyway not gonna debate this any further without background information, Toodle loo!

Terryn_Greystone

Slicer
Yeah it's a doozy alright. Kind of a part of Loka now for us to have some strange alternate way of pushing stuff out. We want there to be the cool awesome Loka experience and we want the avenues to obtain new blocks etc to be part of that.

We've discussed some of that on the SoTS. However, there's still much to be discussed and much that needs done sadly. Coral one day maybe sooner than later hopefully.
Yeah! It'd definitely take a lot of work. I'm sure the end product will end up being pretty neat though! You guys always seem to find cool ways to implement stuff.

Zachary_N_Kaleno

Sentry
Community Rep
Yeah! It'd definitely take a lot of work. I'm sure the end product will end up being pretty neat though! You guys always seem to find cool ways to implement stuff.
Im not sure there will be an end product that everyone will be satisfied with, Loka will constantly expand and grow over the next decade (if it lasts that long, which I believe it will), new owners may come along, new Player Bases will come to Loka, more inclusivetivety.

Basically what Im trying to get at is its almost impossible to satisfy everyone with what we have right now, people will always want better QoL changes and better really everything. The server is limited by the size of the Dev Team, it's active members, Minecraft itself, the playerbase, and countless other factors.

The End Product for Loka won't be what we all think it will be, Noone knows the future of Loka, and how it will evolve. The people in Churchtown way back then didn't know Loka would last 10 years, when Charr was released, Noone knew something called Gank Isle would be released, or how other things will work.

Even if we (as the Dev Team) get everything we ever wanted done, new ideas will sprout up and engulf us with more, players will want to see different changes. There will be no End Product to Loka, only constant Changes

God I didn't meant to go on a rant, but basically what I'm trying to get at, is let your voice be heard so you can atleast get your ideal Loka experience, and possibly, your end product for Loka you are satisfied with.

Yeah all this being said, always voice your suggestions as they might be smarter or cooler than what we originally thought of :p
Ideas never hurt to be heard folks, no matter how dumb it sounds, just voice your opinion.

Even if you get ratio'd by the community like I have for suggesting to raise AI prices a bit ago.

Back