Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

No Plans to Implement Invis pots

Steak__

if you and or your town/ally players go invis you and them will go completely invis leaving only the particles visible but I have been thinking if you could possibly add it so you can see your town members can be seen only to you for example:

https://gph.is/2HX1g5G

in this gif, the players can be seen visible only from the there side but the red people cannot see them.

(Easy implement?)

Malen

+1 I like this idea and we use it on the server I work for.

Edit: Although the issue I do find in this is that it takes away from the skill involved in team fighting/ganks when players choose to use/not use invis.

Last edited:

DFG1125

Slicer
Agreed, I'd enjoy it too. As long as it's only for alliance members, not friendly/neutral and obviously not enemy.

Sparky___

Slicer
I like the idea, my only concern is that it might take a bit of the fun/uncertainty of not knowing who an invis is. Of course, the counter to that could be that if you as a group are invis you are likely communicating already and can get a quick idea of who the invis people are around you and whether or not they are friend or foe. Overall, I think it might be a good addition.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
that would be pretty cool, the only question is; would that be a little too op?

The thing is everybody's using CIT data in their own town-custom resource packs in order to determine friend and foe, so it doesn't change a huge amount if you ask me. It's also a simple one-liner of code to do it.

Kaph

Sentry
The thing is everybody's using CIT data in their own town-custom resource packs in order to determine friend and foe, so it doesn't change a huge amount if you ask me. It's also a simple one-liner of code to do it.

As far as I am aware, Loka has a policy of not wanting mods to be necessary to play the server. So that begs the question, would this same mentality be used for resource packs too? In large wilds fights, with a majority of players using invis potions, custom CIT resource packs are currently a necessity for many players. If this suggestion was added, I believe that it would be a step in the right direction.

Skuhoo

Administrator
Staff member
Elder
Enabling this would just turn invis into another fire resistance, a potion everybody needs to carry and drink every 8 minutes "because reasons". Currently, having trouble telling friend from foe is the only disadvantage using invis has. Using CIT packs mitigates this disadvantage, so if anything we should be looking at ways to nerf CIT packs, not buff invis.

Adzy

Slicer
It will be easier but I do enjoy the struggle of trying to figure who is who out in a battle

Kaph

Sentry
Enabling this would just turn invis into another fire resistance, a potion everybody needs to carry and drink every 8 minutes "because reasons". Currently, having trouble telling friend from foe is the only disadvantage using invis has. Using CIT packs mitigates this disadvantage, so if anything we should be looking at ways to nerf CIT packs, not buff invis.

How would you go about nerfing CIT packs? Seems like a difficult task.

Back