Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Killing horses

Mtndome

Slicer
I think killing Horses is legal, as long as they are being used for combat. Otherwise, I think it would be a pretty douchey thing to go into a stable and kill some horses. Horses can be bred like real horses, allowing traits to persevere through bloodlines. Killing them will force people to hide them, or make us again have to sacrifice aesthetics for functionality.

andrekeroxd

Slicer
Psychedelic98 said:
So far from what I've heard killing a horse will be ok if a person is on it

I think it's more like, If a person is in combat or fleeing from combat. I don't think you can kill a horse in spawn protection just because a person is riding it.

mopb3

Slicer
So far there is no definitive ruling on the matter, it is up for discussion in the admin forums presently so I believe.

Psychedelic98

Slicer
andrekeroxd said:
Psychedelic98 said:
So far from what I've heard killing a horse will be ok if a person is on it

I think it's more like, If a person is in combat or fleeing from combat. I don't think you can kill a horse in spawn protection just because a person is riding it.
Does that mean I can't initiate combat with a person on a horse? Or I can't kill the horse first so that the person can't run away? I understand not killing them in spawn protection, but horses shouldn't be a get-out-of-psy-free card

K

KenuDragonfire

It could be like wolves, where if they aren't attacking you, you can't kill them, except if the person riding it is attacking you.

Horses should be open game for stealing, just have to get a bit creative with pen design (hope horses like being kept in greenhouses).

Genocide of horses in towns shouldn't be allowed, but horsenapping should be allowed. Donkeys/Mules can't be murdered for their chests seeing as people can just open them and steal them.

Question that is really on everyone's mind is, if I am using a huge donkey caravan to steal loot, can someone shoot the donkeys being led by a lead to stop them from stealing loot, because I'm already too far away for them to actually stop me and they want to atleast save some of their loot?

andrekeroxd

Slicer
Any eggs thrown at the inside of spawn prot, don't work I think. Spawning them right outside and luring them in is a different thing though

Zor95

Slicer
You can't breed inside spawn protection either so meh. If you want to spend an entire day breeding and luring animals into spawn then go for it.

Back