Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion Loka 2.0 Ocean Content

Strongeee

Slicer
I was thinking about the cross continent fast traveling. I loved the idea of Archeage before they made it a F2P and ruined a lot of it. I think Loka should add some content to the ocean.

Some Ideas:
Ocean Bosses: In Archeage they have a kraken. This kraken was hard to kill and required a lot of people. Obviously tone it down for Loka and maybe will take a group of 5 Prot 4 geared potted people to kill it. It will then drop a single item that could be used in some custom recipe.

Pack Traveling: People will need to go to other regions in order to get resources specific to that area. Pack crafting will allow people to take a bunch of resources (wood) and create a pack. Then that allows people to carry more then they can with a usual inventory. Then cut off quick traveling across continents. Instead these packs need to be taken across the continent in a boat. This will allow some people to head in a group to go gather. Creating a nice social activity. This should allow less rich people to become pirates, Taking from people who are doing resource runs. So this brings Ocean PvP :)

Ocean Fishing: Fishing in the ocean could offer different loot then ponds. Maybe some fish that give the user a potion effect as an alternative way to get these effects. Or some other kind of rewards for fishing. Like a fishing exchange, fish up random weights of fish then you can exchange them for the currency (emeralds?).

Water Dungeons/Quest: This will create hotspots in the ocean, Making people travel across the ocean to see others who are making runs with a pack of resources or they might come across an ocean boss.

I am sure others can easily make nicer ideas out of this basic idea. But I do believe there needs to be some ocean content. If there is this nice sized map with these amazing continents, why waste all that water space?

Hypotemabus

Slicer
I wanted to make a gigantic sea monster next to Eros and give it a Loch Ness monster kinda vibe. Totally terrifying! But also with a tartan hat!

Lazuli73

Slicer
I like the idea of adding things to oceans to make them more desirable. We could totally add ocean dungeons and probably sunken ships for quests. It would be awesome to explore a sunken ship in search for a map to some kind of treasure island *wink wink*.

I don't think we'll be able to add the Kracken because, if we are two great minds thinking alike, it would be a new, modded mob. Last time I checked people wanted to stray away from adding modded mobs and items.

I like the idea behind the packs, but I'm not to sure it would work the way you want it too. From what I understood while reading it, it sounded like you wanted a backpack style thing, but then you started talking about ships and pirates. It would probably work best if we had cargo holds in the ships that would charter players across the oceans to gather said resources.

Wolfegger

Slicer
This could lead us to build by waterways (the way we do IRL). That could be cool. Still, I like the idea of fast transport between continents, too.

Strongeee

Slicer
I like the idea behind the packs, but I'm not to sure it would work the way you want it too. From what I understood while reading it, it sounded like you wanted a backpack style thing, but then you started talking about ships and pirates. It would probably work best if we had cargo holds in the ships that would charter players across the oceans to gather said resources.
It could be some kind of item you carry in your inventory that disallows you to go threw fast travels. IDK how people will see you have it. Maybe a Particle effect? For Cargo hold ships maybe add like a chest option like the Maul has :D. I'm not to sure on how Minecraft works with this sort of stuff...

Lazuli73

Slicer
Sounds like you want the backpack plugin. Personally I could see people abusing them by putting packs inside packs then putting the one pack inside their ender chest.

Strongeee

Slicer
Sounds like you want the backpack plugin. Personally I could see people abusing them by putting packs inside packs then putting the one pack inside their ender chest.
Not really a backpack, but just a custom item that is created by having a certain amount of stacks. Also if there is a way to make it so you cant remove it from inventory. Once you click the item in the inventory it will then drop all the wood on the ground.

Back