Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Loka Community Representatives Round 7

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
Time flies, we're on to our seventh round of representatives already. The seventh round of LCR voting will begin Thursday 20th January 2022. You have until the morning server restart on that Thursday to nominate yourself for the role. Previous LCR's may run again and as many times as they wish in the future. However, a change to this round of representatives is that Guardians will not be permitted to apply. The reason for this is we want as diverse a group as possible and while Guardians are not involved in the development of the server (they help players and enforce rules) they do have a more direct line of contact with us than your average player (we also had to find a way to stop foxybeargames reign of terror :p). If an LCR is promoted to Guardian during their term they will be allowed to remain an LCR to see out this term. All past applications can be found in the archived applications forum and you are more than welcome to reuse your old application (copy-paste) if you wish (providing it's still relevant) but you will have to judge for yourself whether this could harm your chances of getting voted in.

Nominate yourself here using this template.

If you are not a Guardian you may run for the position and the winners will be voted for by the public. The position will last roughly 3 or 4 months.

Players on Loka will be able to vote for the nominees in-game between Thursday 20th January and Thursday 27th January. We will be using ranked-choice voting (pick your nominees in order of preference) and as always only players who have reached a certain playtime threshold over the last 3 months will be able to vote.

What is an LCR?

A group of player-elected representatives from within the active community that participates in higher-level discussions about the server. As a representative, you will have the opportunity to help give direct feedback and advice on server features as well as having an open channel to bring up issues or concerns. Representatives will have access to a channel and voice chat within the Loka Discord to have direct communication with Head-Staff (The Elders). Additionally, LCRs will have access to a specific forum where they can post threads about upcoming topics. Only LCRs will be able to create posts in the subforum, but all players can reply to threads there as usual.

Expectations of a Representative:
  1. A regularly active member of the community.
  2. Represent the views and interests of the community.
  3. Engage respectfully with other representatives, the community, and the staff team.
  4. Ensure privacy of any information regarding upcoming features that you may be asked about, otherwise, most things will be open for representatives to share with the community.
Violation of these expectations may result in immediate removal, being barred from participation in the future, and potential punishment on the server.

Requirements to Run
  • Must not be muted.
  • Must not have been banned recently.
  • Must follow the application template.
  • Must be considered active over the past 3 months (same check for voting)
  • Must not be a Guardian.

Last edited by a moderator:

FoxyBearGames

Guardian
(we also had to find a way to stop foxybeargames reign of terror :p)
:mad: I spend over a year as an LCR and this is what I get!?!?!?!?!?

Jokes aside, clearly I will not be running for another term, and after what has been over 450 days of being in the position, that is probably quite justified. I hope over the time I've been in the position I brought good change, and I again thank everyone for the immensely large votering that was done in my favor over the time I was in office with my never before seen runaway victories...

Enough about me though, what I would really like to say are a few things to people considering running, or just reading this post. Even though I have my hands tied up in a lot of different places on Loka, I think the position that had the most impact on me had to be LCR. The position itself might seem boring, but I implore everyone who wishes to run or thinks they're interested, to do so. Even if you're not particularly interested in what it sounds like, just consider it as a direct chat with Elders that you can use to get changes pushed. Even if you think you're not going to win, just do it, regardless of how long you’ve been playing, your rank, or how much time you can put in (provided you can show up to meetings). The position is very worth it and I hope everyone who is interested does so.

A few tips that I would also recommend for anyone considering being serious about it would be to engage with the community about ideas, get an ideas document, and most importantly get people to use you as a channel of suggestion. It’s absolutely crucial that people see you as a channel of communication to the Elders to be an LCR, and I think that’s the most important piece of the puzzle by far.

Anyways, good luck to everyone who will be running. I hope the excitement of this position can be "revitalized" in a way with less cemented LCRs such as myself not running this time.

Back