Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Loka Crashes now that its 1.8

Nightcolt

Not sure if this is the right place for this or not, but, ever since the update to 1.8 I have difficulty logging on to the server. It loads for the briefest of moments, displaying a few things that were around me the last time I logged off, but then it crashes and I get the message: 'Internal Exception: io.netty.handler.timeout.ReadTimeoutException' (As seen below).

10836648_912786305433356_229430840_n.jpg

Any suggestions for how I can fix this?

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
I vaguely recall that maybe somebody had something similar happen to them. Try reducing your chunk view distance before joining Loka? It may be loading too many chunks for you; hence the timeout?

Nightcolt

Gave that a try just now, putting the chunk distance as low as it would go (2 chunks). While more things do load around me in the moment it works, it still ended up crashing with the same error :/

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Other thoughts; are your running 1.8.1? Could it be a resource pack thing? I can try also teleporting you to spawn.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
You may also just want to try an absolutely fresh install. From the server-side, I can tell you it's not on our end as what we get looks like a normal player disconnect.

Nightcolt

I managed to solve it (I think anyway). I was running the Sphax resource pack and changed it to Vanila, all seems to be fine now. Thanks for your time :)

Back