Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Loka Dreams

HyperDiver

Man I had a dream I was locked in the sewers of Auru and had to dig around while rats were running around, eventually digging out and falling onto some neon tiles. Turned out to be a nightclub like light bar with a lot of the Loka staff members sipping drinks just awkwardly staring at me on the ground.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 18

FoxyBearGames

Guardian
Man I had a dream I was locked in the sewers of Auru and had to dig around while rats were running around, eventually digging out and falling onto some neon tiles. Turned out to be a nightclub like light bar with a lot of the Loka staff members sipping drinks just awkwardly staring at me on the ground.
Sounds like you fell into the Loka Backrooms.

PartayArc

Sentry
You found the secret staff bar! Congrats!

Zackeroni9

Slicer
Sounds exciting!

Zackeroni9

Slicer
In light of my recent high activity of playing on Loka once again, I've had another dream about Loka last night (night before November 15th). This one's quite interesting.

So there was this new continent. It was broadcast in Aladra from these poles with speakers on them, like a loudspeaker, explaining how they worked and other stuff about them. They were called "The Wild Isles", and stated as a work-in-progress name. Basically, it was a continent consisting of a bunch of islands with thick dark Roofed Forests / Jungles—but were specifically stated to be easily traversable unlike Garama's Jungles. Arriving on the islands would be similar to Zyre, where you select an island on a map to be sent to. Each island has its own population and small city, settlement, or town of NPCs, as well as their own population of dangerous monsters. The continent would not have PvP enabled and there would be no building on the majority of the islands. It's basically fully PvE-based. The continent would be open on the weekends, and it would be an adventure where you talk to many NPCs and complete quests for them to get rewards, then it would reset for you to do more quests next weekend.
The isles would be littered with many secrets and achievements, lost NPCs you can find and rescue, treasure chests to loot, and would be a fun place to explore for treasure and do stuff. Many quests would involve collecting and gathering resources, building for some NPCs in designated zones, rescue missions, going out to slay monsters, raiding dungeons, exploring caves, fishing, two-player quests, all sorts of stuff. There would be a limited number of quests to get from each NPC/ settlement each weekend, probably refreshing with new quests every few hours. The quests would work where you get the quest information from the NPC, sort of semi-accepting the quest, and you would go out to collect or do whatever they wanted and return to them. Anyone can accept the quest, but the first to return to the NPC with the requirements would complete it. So for example, say there was this crown in a cave you had to collect. Multiple people may accept that quest and go looking for the crown, but only one player can hand in the crown to the NPC. (Maybe PvP would be enabled only between people simultaneously doing a quest?)
And finally, to wrap up the weekend before the isles close, there would be a special event in the last hour. What the events would be weren't specified, but it was mentioned that when Frodii's Fishing Tourney ends up landing on Saturday, that would be the event.

My dream time-skipped to the event. I was in some room with many other people from the server, waiting for the event. It was the first event since the opening of the isles. FoxyBearGames was there in front of a whiteboard going over the current event and how it would work. The event was hide-and-seek. All players would be split between the hunters and hiders. The hiders would be scattered around one of the isles and given a minute to hide before the hunters are released. Each hunter would be assigned one of the hiders. (If there was an odd number of people, one unlucky hider would be assigned two hunters.) Each hunter would have to tag out their assigned hider. If anyone finds someone else's hider, they can alert their team in chat. Hiders would have their own abilities (one of them vividly I remember would be activating crawl mode wherever you want to fit into small gaps), as well as hunters having their own abilities too (another I remember being able to freeze a hider for several seconds to give that hider's respective hunter some time to come over and catch them). The reward in the end would be based on your team's points (points based on how many hiders weren't and were found, respectively for the hiders' team and the hunters' team), so everyone would at least get a little reward even for not winning.
The round started. I was luckily put right outside an NPC town set up along a coast. There was this ship yard with a building where ships are built. I decided to hide in there. I climbed up and found my way onto the rafters. I saw a few hunters pass through the building as I hid, but none of them checked thoroughly, so I was hidden for quite a while.
Eventually an NPC came in and was looking around. Little did I know that there was an ability for the hunters to hire NPCs to look around for them. So eventually, the NPC came upstairs and was looking around, eventually spotting me and alerting in chat that I had been spotted. I quickly climbed down to the ground level, and the hunter was standing by the front doorway. I don't recall who they were, but I recall red and diamond armour (maybe it was SigmaFlash, he seems to reappear in every Loka dream I have). I sprinted out the back doors and towards the shore, but the hunter quickly caught up to me and tagged me.

After I was tagged out, I could still run around and explore the island as I wait for the event to be over. So I decided to spend time exploring. I was going along the shore until I thought I saw something far out in the water. I swam out there and dove under the water, looking around. I saw a small cave underwater and swam down to explore it. I eventually came up into an air pocket in this cave. Upon pulling out and lighting a torch, there was an NPC there. I talked to them and they seemed to be hiding. They didn't tell me why, but they had a task. They wanted me to go find their brother so he could come join them down in this cave.
I exited the cave to go looking for him, but I couldn't seem to find him. I checked throughout the town, and along the outskirts, but he was nowhere. The hide-and-seek event was coming to an end and we'd have to leave. I felt bad that I couldn't find him.
The dream time-skipped again to next week where first thing I returned to the cave, but the NPC wasn't there, and presumably I never found them again, or their brother.

Now that the dream is over, I have to say, doesn't this whole idea for a continent sound pretty cool? It sounds like something Loka would "one day" have. A quest-based island for players to go and do a bunch of quests for fun, talk to NPCs, maybe discover some hidden lore or storylines through some NPCs' quests. It sure does sound like a dream continent.

Terryn_Greystone

Slicer
I had a dream about Loka... last night, I believe. From what I could tell, I was at the Kalros Resource Isle. The Horseman spawned near me, and I decided to run over and fight it. It dealt a lot of damage when it hit me, so I backed off and tried to heal. Then another player came running over and one-shot The Horseman.
Not sure who the player was, though I remember thinking that the player was probably hacking if they were able to one-shot it. Lol.

Zachary_N_Kaleno

Sentry
Community Rep
I had a dream about Loka... last night, I believe. From what I could tell, I was at the Kalros Resource Isle. The Horseman spawned near me, and I decided to run over and fight it. It dealt a lot of damage when it hit me, so I backed off and tried to heal. Then another player came running over and one-shot The Horseman.
Not sure who the player was, though I remember thinking that the player was probably hacking if they were able to one-shot it. Lol.
Yosri Airlines? Nah, Yosri Air Bomb Services.

HyperDiver

Even though I haven’t been on the server for a while I had a crazy dream.

The continents had updated with completely new biomes and a much larger landscape because of a sudden influx of players in the hundreds or thousands (probably cause of a YouTuber or sm) so the new landscape prompted me to try and get my friends back on to make a town. After an hour of skimping and delays we managed to get on and log into Kalros, with the “spawn” area being in the new ice wastes. As soon as I wandered out, I started seeing new settlements and the start of an opyc’s road equivalent being made by new players. I wandered out further with my friends and we made it to the mega taiga, eventually being ganked by a duo and having our stuff and lores looted. We respawned and our butthurt selves started to run out to try and get our stuff, though we had gotten gunned down by GUNS which had been added to Loka following the continent update. We got butthurt EVEN MORE and looted enough on another continent to craft what I remember to be a FAMAS and a FAL, ending the dream with a shootout at their town and being woken up by an alarm before anything climactic could’ve happened.

Please never add guns I swear to the Artifact please

Back