Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Loka (Sounds) Resource Pack

A Loka Custom Sounds Resource Pack?

• Yes!

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Uhhh, maybe?

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • No!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Those of you who have played any Battlegrounds or Arenas lately have noticed (if you have Server Textures: ON) and heard the new sound effects that we have introduced to our pvp games. Of course I think they're amazing and add a whole extra level to minecraft than just working with the sounds we already have.

This poll is a gauge to see if you guys would be interested in something like that for regular Loka. Here's what I'm thinking:

• The PvP resource pack presently is only about 550kb, so it downloads very quickly. It contains roughly 15 or so sound effects (currently from World of Warcraft, but it getting slowly replaced by custom sounds being made by a sound engineer coworker of mine).
  • The Loka Sounds Pack would probably be not much bigger, if even smaller than that.
  • My thought is that it would add the following types of sounds: Notification, PvP Game queue pop, Market noises perhaps, various other boops and beeps.

Weird list, but whatever. Long story short, my initial intent is just to use the custom sounds to further Loka-Specific things like all of the tutorial notifications we have, tips, market sales, pvp game announcements/joins, etc. I don't mean to override or change how Minecraft itself sounds (in terms of monsters, music, etc), just add the Lokan flair.

So to the poll. Would you guys be interested in this?

Zor95

Slicer
It works together with other sound packs we have right?
(assuming both packs don't override the same thing)

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Zor95 said:
It works together with other sound packs we have right?
(assuming both packs don't override the same thing)

They're 100% added sounds, meaning that don't overwrite anything, are custom to the Loka Pack, and yes, they append on top of any existing packs. It's possible to add completely new sounds without overriding minecraft sounds.

Zor95

Slicer
Ah, yeah, that feature. The thing that nobody ever dares to use. Well, huzzah. Sure. Let's go for it. Here's a gif.

C8kbbRh.gif

Opyc

Slicer
Us runescape players demand u replace the wow sounds with runescape sounds.

Lazuli73

Slicer
@Joce: I know my own brother plays that game, which does suck.

@Walking Bacon: He smells of breakfast.

adderman500

Slicer
Artagan said:
Yeah runescape sounds pretty much suck, especially now.
If dwarf theme was playing constantly and when you hit things it made the sound of goblins getting hit back in 07, I'm down.

Back