Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion Make Bookworm books available

Artagan

Slicer
This suggestion has been made many times, just not in the past couple years. Many valuable books were lost in the switch from Bookworm to regular books, such as Preksak's original research journal and the contents of the Ember, Cathedral, and Central libraries (the Ember library in particular was extensive by any standard and gigantic by comparison with our current spawn library).

Yes, there is virtually no demand for this. Yes, this won't instantly help us aquire or retain any new players. It's not flashy or revolutionary, but it's quite a lot of material that any real lore buff would love to sink their teeth into.

Crypt's definitively stated in the past that he had all those old books available, and I'm hoping that's still true all these years later. Odds are he's far too busy to bother checking something so very trivial, but if he finds the time, it'd be a great boon to our current sphere of knowledge (particularly where some of the older and more mysterious lore is concerned).

EDIT: Right, forgot to mention. Crypt, your lore is great, but just because you don't like asymp's lore doesn't mean it ought to be consigned to the dustbin of server history.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Ever the accusatory wordsmith, Art.

I had em in the past but I have no idea if I still have them. I can look but I'm fairly certain they're gone.

Dwemer_Sphere

Slicer
I would love to have Bookworm on this server was one of my fav plugins when playing on the very few rp servers that had them I joined. And would allow me to actually have my library as it was designed to store vast knowledge

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Soon i'll be writing a replacement bookshelf plugin so we can get our library back and so people can start to put books back in their libraries

Leasaur

Slicer
Soon i'll be writing a replacement bookshelf plugin so we can get our library back and so people can start to put books back in their libraries
You are my hero.
The library shall be resurrected from fire and brimstone!

Lazuli73

Slicer
Be a huge shame if we can't restore the lost books when the Bookwrom plugin was removed.

Back