Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Make your own epic gamer grid

Evil_X

Sentry
Hey Minecrafters, Minecrafter here to talk about stuff that isn't Minecraft!
I was bored and thought it'd make a fun thread if we talked about epic games and had a bit of a game appreciation thread, but that concept alone is a tad boring so instead, I chose to do it in the form of gaming 3by3's.

To make your very own gaming 3by3, you just gotta take 9 of your favorite games and put them in a 3by3 grid. The only rule is that you can only have one game per franchise.
The placement within the grid doesn't matter, all games in your 3by3 are super great each for their own reason and one isn't necessarily better than another. If you can't think of 9 games, don't worry! Just leave a few spots blank

The grid should show off your general taste in games and will give you and others the chance to find games they might not have otherwise heard of. Super excited to see what others come up with!

I found this website quite useful for putting together the grid if others need help with that: https://www.kapwing.com/explore/three-by-three-3x3-square-collage

DisturbedMoskito

Slicer
If you're having a hard time getting started here's mine:
BoTW really was a masterpiece.
Here's mine;
final_609036ad21a7b700e2ed4eab_549451.png
Don't wanna brag, but I completed the entirety of Zelda ocarina of time without any guide. Oh and Darksiders too... which was kind of a pain.

I remember one day before school, super early in the morning (I was like 10), I found out you could team up with random players and beat monsters in Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. So I did, and way before I was supposed to I beat the final boss of the game and had like super duper high tier materials. I didn't have enough to make myself an armor, but I did make one for my Palico. Now I had 48 defense in total and the little guy had over 200. He never ever died again afterwards...

Lurnn

Slicer
Hey Minecrafters, Minecrafter here to talk about stuff that isn't Minecraft!
I was bored and thought it'd make a fun thread if we talked about epic games and had a bit of a game appreciation thread, but that concept alone is a tad boring so instead, I chose to do it in the form of gaming 3by3's.

To make your very own gaming 3by3, you just gotta take 9 of your favorite games and put them in a 3by3 grid. The only rule is that you can only have one game per franchise.
The placement within the grid doesn't matter, all games in your 3by3 are super great each for their own reason and one isn't necessarily better than another. If you can't think of 9 games, don't worry! Just leave a few spots blank

The grid should show off your general taste in games and will give you and others the chance to find games they might not have otherwise heard of. Super excited to see what others come up with!

I found this website quite useful for putting together the grid if others need help with that: https://www.kapwing.com/explore/three-by-three-3x3-square-collage
you should do a favourite of all times thread too one of these days! would be a cool edition

unless this is kinda it idk

Last edited:

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
Cool idea for a thread, here's my 9. Morrowind will always be the best Elder Scrolls game in my eyes as it was years ahead of its time. Like Moskito I have great memories of Monster Hunter and the new games are almost as good as the originals. I can't get enough of ccg and strategy games and for me Civ 5 is the pinnacle of them. Will probably upset some peeps, but I always found Crash Team Racing was more enjoyable than Mario Kart, it had a higher skill ceiling and the track design was amazing. Mario Kart's still great though.

gamegridbest.jpg

Pretty tough narrowing it down to just 9 so I'm going to cheat and have a second grid of honourable mentions. These are a bit on the older side (releasing from 1993 to 2005) but some peeps will remember em. I grew up with Sega and Playstation so you'll notice a lack of Nintendo titles, although I have managed to play my fair share of Zelda, Smash Bro's and Mario kart over the years.

Gamegridold.jpg

Sparky___

Slicer
Super good idea. I decided to pick a mashup of my highest playtime games and all time favorites, but there is a lot more that I want to put on here than just these 9...

Studio_Project (1).jpeg

-Minecraft. Yes.

-Elite Dangerous is my baby and #1 played game on Steam, it's where I go to escape all you crazy kids on Loka o7.

-Star Wars Battlefront II (no not that silly remake) Hard to say if I have yet to have beaten the amount of time I put into Star Wars Battlefront II (for reference I have played somewhere around 10,000 hours, plus or minus 1,000, of Minecraft), but my fondest memory of it is playing it when I was sick and then literally falling asleep from cold medicine.

-New Vegas superior Fallout game, but I love them all even the DEEPLY flawed 76 (I've played them all except the originals)

-Total War is my go to jam for strategy games, but HOI 4 is the alternate I would put there.

-Skyrim is the first and only game from TES that I have played and I loved it and own it on both PS3 and PS4 and as much as I am fighting it will probably soon own it on PC.

-Roller coaster Tycoon I played the absolute hell out of as a kid between the PRIME old ages of like 4/5/6-13.

-Super Mario 64 is PERHAPS the first game I ever played? All time classic.

-Played A LOT of COD:BO when it came out and then a few years after. I used to know the lore of the zombies stuff almost by heart and FREQUENTLY quote the characters when playing. Also I was actually pretty not bad, can confirm I got at least two or three cross map tomahawks (kind of a big deal).

koi0001

Guardian
- Assassin's creed II is just one of those games so deep in nostalgia I really really really can't say a bad thing about it. Jumping into this massive open world and exploring such a deeply fleshed out game was perfect. The level design was exactly what I wanted at the time and only fond memories.

- Yeah, a minecraft copy that isn't anything like minecraft. I mean minecraft is fun and all but if you've never played master mode Terraria with a group of your pals and lost it when you were one second away from clearing an event I highly recommend it.

- Only OG's remember the Lego Starwars. I was insanely sick with the flu and I had about a week to kill and suddenly I had a insatiable need for Lego Starwars, so I had a quick look on steam and one came out I. 2016. It totally did Lego Stars justice and I'd strongly suggest if you're ever in a situation where you have loads of time to kill to give it a go.

- world of warcraft was super chill, especially when you go into it with minimal expectations. I played back in the WOTLK era and I couldn't of picked a better time. Probably really contributed to my interest in game design in hindsight.

- Once again one time I saw a game called 'Over Lord II' for sale in this shop called game (if anyone remembers Game, it's essentially the UK version of GameStop).

- minecraf

- Fallout New Vegas was epic.

- Hotline miami was chill, the second one has a epic story. Level design is a blast.

- I had 0 expectations of the game, bought in a whim cause a friend said it was a cool game. I wasn't really well prepared for what I got.

Three_by_Three_(3x3)_Square_Collage.jpeg

FroggyFruit1357

My top three are probably minecraft, unturned, and forza. I'm not proud to talk about my hours in any of them lol. Most of my best memories are in team fps games like rust, rainbow, the forest etc. Mag is a rollercoaster baby, the first is much better than the second.
final_609087e4102bcf00b2add813_388647.png

FoxyBearGames

Guardian
e.png
My list is pretty much a mix of games I have played a lot of, some of what I consider to be "the best" games ever made, as well as some that I have just had a hell of a lot of fun with friends on. Although Evil did say only to put 9, I just had to put 12 on there.
-To start the list is Detroit Become Human. This is a game that can either be taken really seriously, or you can just go for the 0% suicide run. What really becomes fun is when you mix these into the same playthrough. But, overall this game is just a ton of fun and despite not having an actual canon story, has a really good story to it.
-Next in the list is Half Life Alyx, which is arguably one of the best games that I have ever played, and probably one of the best games that has ever been made. It is by far the most unique and immersive game that I've played through and is just absolutely insane. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to play a VR game as it shows what can truly be done using the technology.
-Subnautica is one of those games that is just really solid. It's not particularly story-oriented, but instead it's just a super solid survival game that has some of the best atmospheres I've seen ever in a video game. It's just a game that really lets you go out and use your senses to explore the world and have fun.
-Really the whole Hitman reboot is some of the most fun I have ever had. I haven't been able to play the third one just yet, but both the first and the second ones are great games, despite them being about you assassinating people to complete a goal. They have all sorts of cool puzzles and are very strategic to how you can go about executing people. Want to beat them up with a fish? You got it. Hide them in a box? You got it. Just all-around great.
-Minecraft really needs no introduction. It is probably the best game that has ever been made and will be a game that never truly dies, which is something very unique. Definitely deserves to be on everyone's list.
-Breath of the Wild is another game that really needs no introduction. It's a game that put a breath of fresh air into the Zelda franchise and got so many new people playing, including myself. Just a super solid game that is a ton of fun to pick up every once and a while and play a bit of.
-The entire new Tomb Raider trilogy is just a super great series that is just a ton of fun to play. The games themselves aren't particularly hard, but the puzzles, world-building, and the fun of the stealth portions of the game are great. So much variety all packed into one series.
-Terraria was the silly 2D Minecraft clone, until it wasn't. This game is one that superseded everyone's expectations and has become one of my favorite games. Would recommend to anyone looking for a dungeon crawly sandbox-esque game to have some fun with. Just countless hours of fun to be had with this game. Really solid overall.
-Portal 2 is no doubt one of my favorite games ever. It is such a simple game to play that is just a ton of fun. It's one of those games you pick up for an afternoon or two and play through just to have a load of fun going over again. Just overall really awesome how it does it's puzzle elements and the fun story it offers.
-Sea of Thieves is one of those games that I have played with friends for countless hours that I would definitely recommend to anyone trying to have a good time. Despite how much me screwing around there is to be done in the game, it also offers tons of puzzle elements and is a ton of fun. It really has become a super solid game that you can have a ton of fun in, and each update seems to only make it better when I go back to it.
-Civilization 6 is a game that I will DEFINITELY get flamed for putting on this list as I know how much people like Civ5, but I really have had a ton of fun in the sixth one. It's a game that can really be fun as a solo or multiplayer. Just an overall solid game that is fun to sit down for an afternoon and play while you're chilling with your friends.
-Don't Starve (and Don't Starve Together) are both games that I have had lots of fun in just playing with friends. It is just a super simple survival game that is a lot of fun to play, especially with how varied it can be with all the different characters that are offered. Would recommend it to anyone looking for a game to be on their toes with their friends.

FoxyBearGames

Guardian
- Only OG's remember the Lego Starwars. I was insanely sick with the flu and I had about a week to kill and suddenly I had a insatiable need for Lego Starwars, so I had a quick look on steam and one came out I. 2016. It totally did Lego Stars justice and I'd strongly suggest if you're ever in a situation where you have loads of time to kill to give it a go.
The fact that the classic lego games (and even the newer ones really) are as good as they are is honestly hilarious. I hope they never stop making these things because they're honestly great :sentry:

PartayArc

Sentry
boop.png

1. Life is Strange - Hands down best emotional story-rich game I've played that is in the 2010s and involves time travel. I never fully understood the butterfly effect until I played this.
  2. Kirby's Air Ride - Okay so imagine mario cart but with kirbys and they beat each other up in mini-games. City trial is the best mode in this, you collect powerups, upgrade your ship, and fight your friends.
  3. Minecraft - I have lots of time dedicated to this game. So much to do.
  4. Battleblock Theater - You're stuck on an island that a bunch of cats run and you gotta go parkour through the stages to save your lost friends D:
  5. Team Fortress 2 - The best free-to-play game. Pyro main all the way and hopefully valve updates it more ;-;
  6. Bioshock - Okay so you got a letter and you gotta go to this underground city called Rapture. People in Rapture despise the surface countries and capitalism.
  7. Henry Stickmen: Escape the Complex - You got put in jail and you gotta escape. The reason you're in jail is that you robbed a bank, robbed a museum, and several other stuff yes. The amount of options in this game is amazing and there are multiple endings/paths.
  8. Stardew Valley - Better Harvest moon. You can farm, fish, mine, and craft items in this game while also questioning who do I friend first or which ending do I want?
  9. Pokemon Y - I got to customize my character in a pokemon game for the first time.

Screenshot 2021-05-04 10.34.27 AM.png
Video games are a surrogate activity for women and children. That said, here are the four titles which I have personally vetted and find acceptable. Hunting Unlimited 2008 is a hidden gem and a guilty pleasure of mine.

Last edited:

Evil_X

Sentry
Looking through, it's super cool to see the differences but also the general trend quite a lot of these grids follow. Quite a few where people don't have 9 games, but still have a bunch of games they love and hold super dear which is great to see.
Monster Hunter is a super cool franchise that a few people have in their grids, I just wish that I could've finished one of the games but for some in my dumb youth, I kept getting midway and then just restarting.
The Lego star wars franchise is something I completely blanked from my mind but damn I have some good memories with those games, I'm not really a fan of star wars but I'll never forget the good memories I had with these games, they were just super fun.
Elite Dangerous, Terraria, Stardew Valley and Skyrim are all also super great games that honestly all deserve spots in my 3by3

Pokemon Y - I got to customize my character in a pokemon game for the first time.
Honestly, Pokemon X/Y were super great at making the game feel a lot more personal and I just have so many stand-out memories with the game because of that. Back when the games came out and Mega Evolution was new, it was super fun and cool to see pokemon I already loved now suddenly evolve even further.

Imma just go and redo my grid cause I completely blanked a few games when I did this last night
1620147017082.png
Apologies to Arc and Moskito, I was the 1% that had X rather than Y. Like I said above the Star Wars games for me just represent ultimate nostalgia and those great times I had as a kid not knowing what I was playing but it was super fun.
I put New Leaf on the list rather than New Horizons just cause after the first month I felt like I had seen everything and I was pretty much done. All the villagers just keep saying the same things after a certain amount of time and it got pretty stale.
Satisfactory super fun if you haven't tried it out and you enjoy more technical laid-back games then give it a go

DeceitfulPear

Guardian
Three_by_Three_(3x3)_Square_Collage.jpeg
1.) Minecraft, yeah, kinda feel like I have to put this hear. Literally half my life has been playing this game on and off
2.) MASS EFFECT THE GRAND DADDY OF MY RPG CRAZE. But for real, this game got me into RPGs in general. Don't really have much else to add I just love the franchise completely and I know way too much about all the characters and games even to this day. Honestly kinda gross.
3.) HALO aka screen cheating with my brother. Too much fun, another series thats been with me since I was too young to be playing the games but I did it anyway (thanks dad)
4.) A RECENT LOVE but damn this game's lore is absolutely incredible, character designs awe inspiring, and the gameplay makes me hate myself in the most fun of ways
5.) F:NV... I love you
6.) Yeah you saw 2 other RPGS so far so of course this is also here what did you expect? But in all honesty this is the game series that really got me into fantasy writing/character writing and all that creative jazz. Super important to getting me into several hobbies that keep me sane
7.) SWTOR is by far one of my favorite MMOs purely because you can just ignore the fact its an MMO and enjoy a hell of a lot of story content. And its free. So if you don't mind MMORPG combat (very similar to WoW specifically) and you want some awesome Star Wars RPGs made by Bethesda (so yup got that dialogue wheel) this is a game to checkout
8.) Doom. That soundtrack. Enough said,
9.) I really don't know why I put this game here. I barely remember playing it on the OG XBox when I was... nevermind not thinking about how old I was. Just got gifted the remake of this game yesterday so I'm just prepping for a nice nostalgia trip and put it here.

Back