Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Making a town.

JocelynReed

Slicer
mopb3 said:
KenuDragonfire said:
HC: Essentially an asylum ran by the detainees.
Heheheh *dons wardens cap* .

Kenu. Comment about HC is Soo true!!! I love it. I LOL'd at work.

Mopb, in no way are you the warden of HC. You have no control of my lands
<3

My allegiance to any admin now goes to the sheep.

mopb3

Slicer
JocelynReed said:
mopb3 said:
KenuDragonfire said:
HC: Essentially an asylum ran by the detainees.
Heheheh *dons wardens cap* .

Kenu. Comment about HC is Soo true!!! I love it. I LOL'd at work.

Mopb, in no way are you the warden of HC. You have no control of my lands
<3

My allegiance to any admin now goes to the sheep.
Your lands? I didn't think hidden crevice belonged to you any more?

Artagan

Slicer
This is actually an interesting line of thought. Let us say, hypothetically, that we accepted mtn's described system and had all new towns from this point on require continuous sponsorship from a town that already exists. That would make all the current towns much more powerful in the eyes of new players, and making a new town would become slightly less desirable, since most people don't want to live at the mercy of someone else. However, there are always a handful of people with a vision for a new town that they refuse to give up on, and those people might be willing to be sponsored. It reminds me of a colonial system. There would be a huge risk in rebelling against the town that sponsored you, since it would leave you vulnerable. However, you might not fear rebelling against your sponser town if you made a deal with another town to have them sponsor you instead. The system relies on the continued presence of at least a handful of the current towns, and grants those towns both physical and bargaining power.

Of course, the server has already decided it has no problem with making certain players permanent parts of the server over others based on the personal preference of those in power. Given that, there isn't much out of place in the system mtn is proposing.

Back