Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

No Plans to Implement Manual Experience Storage

NerdieBirdieYT

Slicer
This suggestion may be a little far-fetched because it changes a Vanilla mechanic, but honestly, this is something I feel should be in Vanilla already.

Bottles of experience, in Vanilla, are rare items only obtainable through trading or, in some cases, naturally-generated loot. As is stands, this item has almost no use due to its rarity, and the fact that it hardly gives you any experience per bottle.

On Loka, experience bottles have a far greater use. They are generated automatically by means of a Dungeon, and are typically stored up in Towns to have on hand whenever they are needed. In this sense, it is already possible to store EXP. However, there is no way to store EXP obtained by the player, unless, of course, there is some custom crafting recipe (or similar) that I am unaware of. Due to the Arcanium existing, mid to high level Towns rarely use a regular enchanting table, and thus are typically enchanting solely at level 30. Personally, I typically try to remain around 30 levels at all time; if I go above that, I spend levels, if I drop below, I save up.

My suggestion is to incorporate the element of EXP storage that already exists on Loka with player-earned EXP. It could be as simple as a crafting recipe of some sort allowing for us to make EXP bottles, or it could go so far as to add a system in which Town members can deposit and withdraw from a Town EXP "bank", which I think would be quite interesting.

The idea itself is fairly simple, and something I definitely think should be in Vanilla gameplay, but it could be extended to be more complicated and in-depth. If manual EXP storage already exists, well... They don't call it "bird brain" for nothing. :p

-
Edit: could this be part of Ender Storage? :thinking:

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
Was typing more or less the same thing so will just re post how I replied previously to this topic.

The main reason we have not included a way to bottle xp yourself is from a balance perspective. We have generally been very generous with xp on Loka due to the lack of mob farms and the desire to make it easier for new players to obtain high-level gear in order to participate in conquest. However we have always thought bottling xp was possibly a step too far as it removes some of the risk of dying and can allow established towns to create enormous stockpiles and effectively snowball. While xp bottles don't hold huge value I fear allowing players to self-bottle it would crash any market for them, making them worthless.

I think the big question is what would be the benefits storing xp would bring?

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Seems to me more like a safety/security feature. We already do enough to make things less risky on Loka, and having to balance the XP you have on you should remain part of the vanilla experience imo. Use it or lose it, but storing it makes it too ezpz as the folks above mentioned.

NerdieBirdieYT

Slicer
I appreciate your post, however as a reference point, this was suggested back in January:

https://www.lokamc.com/forums/index.php?threads/bottling-exp.3509
Was typing more or less the same thing so will just re post how I replied previously to this topic.

The main reason we have not included a way to bottle xp yourself is from a balance perspective. We have generally been very generous with xp on Loka due to the lack of mob farms and the desire to make it easier for new players to obtain high-level gear in order to participate in conquest. However we have always thought bottling xp was possibly a step too far as it removes some of the risk of dying and can allow established towns to create enormous stockpiles and effectively snowball. While xp bottles don't hold huge value I fear allowing players to self-bottle it would crash any market for them, making them worthless.

I think the big question is what would be the benefits storing xp would bring?
Ah! Fair enough. As I said, I really think this should be a vanilla feature, as storing EXP is a nice extra help and backup. With Loka's bottles, though, it is already in abundance. I'm not aware of any sort of market for EXP bottles, so storing your own wouldn't really affect anything adversely, imo.

Back