Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

mindblaster007's Builder Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

mindblaster007

Current rank: Settler

Which role you are applying for:
Builder

Why you think you should become this role:
I think I would be perfect for this role because I am an active, contributing member of this community who is dedicated to participating in PvE-related content and events. I've been building for quite a long while, starting in 2020. While many of my Lokan builds are no longer, at the link below, you can find some of my most recent builds/rebuilds. My main motivator for making this application is to help contribute to Loka while also collaborating with others on builds, which I currently do to a certain extent.

When you started playing on the server:
March 11th, 2018

Time zone:
Eastern Standard Time/Daylight Time (EST/EDT)

How often do you play (hours a day/week):
I try to spend approximately ten hours a week on Loka; however, I tend to go way over that (depending on how busy my schedule is.)

How experienced are you with world edit:
I would say I'm competent enough with it for it to be considered a helpful tool. I have some experience using it for personal projects, so I can easily figure out how to use the commands, and I won't fumble around with it. With that said, though, I wouldn't say I'm an expert at using it currently.

What is your favourite build style:
Honestly, I don't have a specific theme that I appreciate more than any other. My work process usually involves finding real-life photos of what I want to build, and from there, I start by making a rough design that I progressively modify to be more detailed. Additionally, I prefer to do exterior design rather than interior because I like to experiment with new blocks and how different blocks work with the overall design.

Screenshots of your builds:
https://imgur.com/a/pDwmpdS

mindblaster007

builds/rebuilds
The entire exterior was redone, as well as a completely new roof design(It was made a smidge bigger than the old one as well as made symmetrical), interior was gutted of its impractical and rather ugly staircase design, new blocks were incorporated, and redone the entire basement was changed. That screenshot was included to show what it looked like before and how we changed it. Cute baseless accusation though.

Last edited:

Zachary_N_Kaleno

Sentry
Community Rep
Cute baseless accusation though.
After some rethinking, -1, don't want toxicity and frankly rudeness on the team. If you're going to insult someone over how they critique your remodels, then your attitude should definitelt play a factor in if you get accepted.

Your attitude towards another fellow team builder warrants my change in course to a -1.

mindblaster007

After some rethinking, -1, don't want toxicity and frankly rudeness on the team. If you're going to insult someone over how they critique your remodels, then your attitude should definitelt play a factor in if you get accepted.

Your attitude towards another fellow team builder warrants my change in course to a -1.
What he did was not “critique”, it was an accusation, which I addressed. He’s always been vocal about his deep-rooted hatred of me and this was an attempt to discredit my hours of work, tweaking, and dedication towards bringing Auru into a new age, while keep true to the original design. I simply pointed out that it was a baseless accusation, and I should have every right to defend myself when accused of plagiarizing a build.

It’s ironic though, that you mention my attitude towards fellow build team members’ criticism seeing as I consulted PartayArc, catgirljodie, and a few others for criticism through the entire build process of some/most of these builds, which I am sure they will agree that I was open to their suggestions and actively sought out their feedback. This too is a testament that I do work well with others, and am open to suggestions.

Thanielle

Sentry
Cute baseless accusation though.
This was very unneeded but frankly, unsurprising.

I looked through your imgur folder again and you're right it was a before image, my mistake. They seemed very similar and I assumed they were different angles of the same build, or 2 builds in different parts of the town.

This aside, everyone has promise when it comes to building, you've got the understanding of keeping a consistent palette and colour scheme, with consistent practice and development I think you'll be able to get to the point of joining the build team at some point, just not now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back