Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

mindblaster007's Web & Art Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

mindblaster007

Current rank: Settler
Why you think you should become this role:
I'm making this application because I am deeply interested in enhancing and updating Loka's visual aspects. Specific qualifications I have include certifications in both web design and multimedia creation. I would also like to add that I want to finally make a positive impact/contribution to Loka after all these years, and I feel like this would be the best way I could do just that.
When you started playing on the server:
March 11th, 2018
Time zone:
Eastern Standard Time (EST)
How often do you play (hours a day/week): It varies
weekly, but I tend to exceed far more than 10 hours a week.
What area's within this role would you be interested in doing:
I am specifically interested in updating the wiki to show accurate, up-to-date information for newer players who are curious about the mechanics of the server and its beautiful features. Furthermore, I would be interested in future endeavors involving custom texture pack creation, formatting, and design.

LobsterLarry

+1 I think that it'd be a wonderful addition to the team and would bring some life to the wiki and the server.

Itsredstonepro

Muted
+1 It would be great if you could maintain the wiki with up-to-date information such as a tutorial for beginners on how to get the firestone.

Broquu

Guardian
Someone who is willing to keep the wiki up to date would be a HUGE help, if its written properly and in a way its easy to understand then new players would have a much easier time to get used to loka and its unique machanics, also if a somewhat regular player has a question we can just get the link and they can read into the subject they were asking about.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Someone who is willing to keep the wiki up to date would be a HUGE help, if its written properly and in a way its easy to understand then new players would have a much easier time to get used to loka and its unique machanics, also if a somewhat regular player has a question we can just get the link and they can read into the subject they were asking about.

I do think it's important to note that anyone at any time can be updating the Wiki. This isn't a special role for Lokans, it's a wiki for that very reason - it crowdsources the documentation about the server.

mindblaster007

I do think it's important to note that anyone at any time can be updating the Wiki. This isn't a special role for Lokans, it's a wiki for that very reason - it crowdsources the documentation about the server.
I kept that in mind when making this application. I’m interested every aspect of the role. I just have the most experience with texture pack design and wiki development. I do also have experience in multimedia creation, just they are mainly personal projects and commissions.

The main reason behind this application was because I was informed by Skuhoo that there are current plans to merge the Loka+ pack into the official Loka pack so Optifine is not needed. Personally, I think a lot more could be done in terms of custom textures on Loka that isn’t currently being done/utilized, and I would enjoy helping that become a possibility.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
I kept that in mind when making this application. I’m interested every aspect of the role. I just have the most experience with texture pack design and wiki development. I do also have experience in multimedia creation, just they are mainly personal projects and commissions.

The main reason behind this application was because I was informed by Skuhoo that there are current plans to merge the Loka+ pack into the official Loka pack so Optifine is not needed. Personally, I think a lot more could be done in terms of custom textures on Loka that isn’t currently being done/utilized, and I would enjoy helping that become a possibility.

Awesome! Do you have any examples of your current texture work or other art creations you can show off?

mindblaster007

Here are some I did for a Skyblock server and then some of the ones I made for the Loka++ pack I posted. The Kalros maps I've got done for Garama and Ascalon as well. I have a few more textures I'm working on, such as museum and library items/books, CP GUI, Alcohol, as well as the Aladran armor; I've put these aside because of finals. I'd post the more of the Loka one's except they aren't quite to my liking yet.

Attachments

• Showoff.zip
    110.3 KB · Views: 28

McDanky

Guardian
Here are some I did for a Skyblock server and then some of the ones I made for the Loka++ pack I posted. The Kalros maps I've got done for Garama and Ascalon as well. I have a few more textures I'm working on, such as museum and library items/books, CP GUI, Alcohol, as well as the Aladran armor; I've put these aside because of finals. I'd post the more of the Loka one's except they aren't quite to my liking yet.
I like this stuff. +1

mindblaster007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back