Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Mindblaster's Redemption Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Void99

Mr_Void99: mindblaster007 asked me to post this for him, and as one of his friends who believes he can change for the better, I agreed.

Mindblaster:

Dear Citizens of LokaMC,

I would like to start off by mentioning that I want this appeal to be looked at with an open mind. I realize that I haven’t been the most honest and most compliant player on LokaMC. However, I want to come back and prove that I can become a good citizen of LokaMC. I’ve noticed on my past appeals that people have stated that I haven’t been learning from my mistakes. I disagree with that and I’ve got a few reasons why. Before I start I would like to enter the following list in as evidence.

Here is a list of all my offenses newest to oldest:
(The dates are incorrect)

3 days ago by Skuhoo: Permanently banned after helping a player town betray and then lying about it
6 days ago by Aggressive_Gibon: camping town but the player kept running into him and attacking
3 weeks ago by Sparky__: Warned about 1x1 pillars <o/
1 month ago by Sparky__: Muted him for being inappropriate in public chat
1 month ago by Aggressive_Gibon: warned for language
3 months ago by Skuhoo:** Tempbanned 3 days for continued profanity in public chat. Unbelievably stubborn and refused to accept basic chat rules.
3 months ago by Magpieman: banned from forums for repeatedly being rude and offensive and starting flame wars despite numerous warnings
3 months ago by Magpieman: ban extended to a week for lying about what staff said on a ban appeal
9 months ago by Aggressive_Gibon: Warned for inappropriate language specifically while speaking to thegallowglass
9 months ago by Magpieman: swearing in public chat, warned
9 months ago by AggressiveGibon: Banned for Language after multiple warnings and disrespecting admins
9 months ago by Aggressive_Gibon: warned for language

First, you will notice that there are gaps between when I’m punished which shows that I’ve tried to behave after each set of punishments; I’m not just sitting around and not giving a care about what happened. Second, I would like to mention that I do have the potential to become a good, contributing citizen of LokaMC. Not too long ago I was nominated for Slicer by a great person most of us know as @Pixel_Hero. The link to the nomination is https://www.lokamc.com/forums/index.php?threads/mindblaster007-for-slicer.3857/#post-31963. Lastly, I have made plenty of friends on LokaMC. They’ve been keeping me in touch with what’s been going on in the server. I would be willing to do anything to play with these great people again. These guys have been good examples for me to learn from. Without their help I wouldn’t have came clean in my last appeal and they taught me that telling the truth goes a long way. Lying can only make things worse for yourself. Thank you SilentStorm6, catfishjw, SCP_019, and most of all Mr_Void99.

I understand that my language and sense of appropriate topics for general chat has been extremely bad in the past. However, I’m willing to do whatever it takes to become a member of this community once more. Some of you may think that I’m writing this just to be unbanned. However, I can assure you this isn’t the case, I truly care about Loka and all that comes with it. Since my ban, I’ve stayed in contact with citizens of LokaMC, stayed update with the Forums, Wiki, and other media sources, and I’ve also been making “templates” for a town I plan on making with Mr_Void99. Also, once I found out that LokaMC created an Instagram page I’ve been checking their page daily for updates and information about the server. For those who didn’t know, the link to Loka’s Instagram page is https://www.instagram.com/lokaminecraft/.

I’ve been trying my best to change and I think I’m ready to come back and become a citizen of LokaMC once more. I would also like to apologize to everyone, especially those who have had to deal with me throughout the past two years and I would like to apologize for lying so many times in the past. I also send my sincerest apology to Magpieman, Cryptite, Skuhoo, and the entire staff team, but especially Aggressive_Gibon, who trusted me and took me under his wing. Without you Gibs I would be way worse; you showed me how to be a good citizen, but I ignored all that you taught me, I'm so sorry. I hope that you guys will see that through this appeal and help support my change. Also, I would like to wish to wish everyone a spectacular summer!

Sincerely,
Mindblaster007

Last edited:

NerdieBirdieYT

Slicer
Don’t know him super well, but we occasionally PM on Discord, and he’s been pleasant to talk to and seems genuinely invested in Loka, even while he’s banned.

+1 from me.

Evil_X

Sentry
I cant really say i know this play well just cause i dont know much about him however looking at such a long list of punishments, back in August last year when that slicer nomination was made Mindblaster responded to messages mentioning his behavior with I quote:
"Yeah, and around two months ago I was unbanned. Also, if you ask around, I have made several changes in my behavior and have truly changed from my old ways."
and then was banned again after changing. Anyone can make such an application to nominate someone for slicer but it doesnt mean much when it doesnt get as much support as you'd need from it.
I do see Mind is asking for another chance but the dilemma is when you gotta think someone is crossing the line.
It's great to see people willing to stick up for him but he seems to have had way too many chances to prove himself but never took them. Theres also the argument if loka was a big server and this was a ban appeal through a long list of appeals it's likely someone would see the list of punishments and just deny the appeal and carry on.
Unless someone can convince me otherwise while it feels mean to do i'd want to say no to this appeal, you can always say you'll improve but when you dont follow up to that statement in the chances you were given, the best you could do was be good for a month or so and then carry on with your old ways:

SilentStormSix

Sentry
I cant really say i know this play well just cause i dont know much about him however looking at such a long list of punishments, back in August last year when that slicer nomination was made Mindblaster responded to messages mentioning his behavior with I quote:
"Yeah, and around two months ago I was unbanned. Also, if you ask around, I have made several changes in my behavior and have truly changed from my old ways."
and then was banned again after changing. Anyone can make such an application to nominate someone for slicer but it doesnt mean much when it doesnt get as much support as you'd need from it.
I do see Mind is asking for another chance but the dilemma is when you gotta think someone is crossing the line.
It's great to see people willing to stick up for him but he seems to have had way too many chances to prove himself but never took them. Theres also the argument if loka was a big server and this was a ban appeal through a long list of appeals it's likely someone would see the list of punishments and just deny the appeal and carry on.
Unless someone can convince me otherwise while it feels mean to do i'd want to say no to this appeal, you can always say you'll improve but when you dont follow up to that statement in the chances you were given, the best you could do was be good for a month or so and then carry on with your old ways:

I see that you have never met @mindblaster007 or have any knowledge of the situation. Also, Loka being a big or small server has makes no difference. Servers base their appeals on if the person has learned from their mistakes and changed from them. Here on Loka we don’t just go handing out -1s when we have no knowledge of the situation. Also, if you look into other peoples appeals you will see that people have been given plenty more chances than Blaster has had. I would also like to mention that Blaster here was banned for lying and town betrayal. Now, this doesn’t excuse what he did and it also doesn’t justify it but people have been caught doing way worse and have been unbanned. I truely think if Blaster was allowed to come back he would show that he has learned from his mistakes. I say this because it took a lot of courage to come clean about everything he’s lied about and accept that what he did was wrong. Not too many people do that these days. For these reasons, I think you should take another look at his appeal and reconsider.

Last edited:

Evil_X

Sentry
I see that you have never met @mindblaster007 or have any knowledge of the situation. Also, Loka being a big or small server has makes no difference. Servers base their appeals on if the person has learned from their mistakes and changed from them. Here on Loka we don’t just go handing out -1s when we have no knowledge of the situation. Also, if you look into other peoples appeals you will see that people have been given plenty more chances than Blaster has had. I would also like to mention that Blaster here was banned for lying and town betrayal. Now, this doesn’t excuse what he did and it also doesn’t justify it but people have been caught doing way worse and have been unbanned. I truely think if Blaster was allowed to come back he would show that he has learned from his mistakes. I say this because it took a lot of courage to come clean about everything he’s lied about and accept that what he did was wrong. Not too many people do that these days. For these reasons, I think you should take another look at his appeal and reconsider.
I've talked to people who know about mindblaster and also done alot of research into previous threads etc,
If we only look at the punishments that show even just being rude to staff and members etc he's been warned 4 times, banned 3 times and has lied about events twice, and thats what you get just from reading that list of previous bans, and then in the past he's claimed to be a good person and hes "getting better", not to mean but just "oh i think my behaviour is slowly getting better" isnt good enough, you need to say "im not going to do that again" AND THEN STICK TO YOUR PROMISE, not realise what your doing wrong a total of 12 sanctions later, please give me a player who's been unbanned or pardoned after forming such a long list of punishments, yes it shows courage for him to speak out about his wrongdoings but the amount of time's he's came out with such statements along these lines that when stripped to the bone mean the same thing that promise of "im getting better and wont do it again" becomes hollow, i've moderated for server's in the past and there has been a case where i've known someone to be banned twice and be forgiven twice cause i wanted to trust they could be a better person. But that third time when they were banned for the 3rd time and had the same "i wont do it again" i just had to draw the line and say "no, im sorry but you've used up more than enough chances"
Even without knowing Mindblaster from all the information i can gather by doing research into everything i can understand where the line has to be drawn with this guy, I hope i can speak for many when i say he had more than enough chances and while its sad to admit he's just thrown away the chances he had

koi0001

Guardian
please give me a player who's been unbanned or pardoned after forming such a long list of punishments

Nationalistic and Mossebobby to name a few. However, I honestly don't really think these posts are going to work mostly because it's not even Mindblaster posting these. I think his appeal process would benefit from trying to get his forum account unbanned first even though it may be easier said than done.

Evil_X

Sentry
Nationalistic and Mossebobby to name a few.
Didn't they get banned again?
Also, I do kinda agree with him trying to get his forums account back, it would be easier if the appeal was actually coming from the guy himself, so he can argue against the points people make against him.
If I was mindblaster I'd let things sit for a bit so people are less opposed to the idea of him returning. These ban appeals that he keeps making every few months have put him in a cycle he's got to break, he gets unbanned and then breaks the rules, gets banned again and then a few months later makes another appeal.
Either way, I've said what I wanted to say, didn't mean to get into a full debate about it just wanted to put my piece out there :p

Mr_Void99

Nationalistic and Mossebobby to name a few. However, I honestly don't really think these posts are going to work mostly because it's not even Mindblaster posting these. I think his appeal process would benefit from trying to get his forum account unbanned first even though it may be easier said than done.
Mind does want his account to be unbanned, so he can talk to the admins himself about this.

Last edited:

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
After discussing this with the rest of the staff, we have decided to lift the ban. Most of your past offences were relating to being a nuisance to staff and wasting their time. Despite this, the staff have agreed to give you one last chance. I do want to make it clear if further rules are broken it will result in another indefinite ban. (This includes all of Lokas platforms) We appreciate that you have been honest and owned up to your past mistakes.

What makes this appeal different to others we have rejected is that most of the past offences had a relatively minimal impact on the player base. The chat offences, while breaking our rules, were relatively mild and the major contributor to the ban in the first place was the number of times the staff were given the runaround.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back