Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion Mod Acceptance Request: Translators

Should this be allowed?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

mindblaster007

As the title suggests. I believe that Loka should allow the use of translator mods. I have a friend that would like to play Loka with me but he can't really because we communicate using translator mods to communicate through chat. Now, you can say that we can just use google translate. However, that's not really an option when you're in a T-Gen fight or in situations where you don't have the option to translate it through google. We all know that this would be a cool idea and if the server allowed this we could even gain a few new players.

~Sir Mindblaster007

Terryn_Greystone

Slicer
+1 I love this idea, it would allow for non-english speaking people to play on this amazing server, and still have the same experience, which would honestly bring me joy. :D

Kaph

Sentry
Potentially unpopular opinion upcoming, but I'm unsure about this one.

As far as I'm aware, Loka having only two allowed mods is (at least partly) in an effort to keep our rules simple. Every Lokan is aware that no mods other than Optifine and Schematica are permitted. Additionally, this is also in line with the stance that no mods should be considered necessary to play the server. The two aforementioned mods solve two significant issues - FPS lag and construction challenges. The need for a translator mod is, in my opinion, highly niche, and not worth extending our already-complex set of rules. I wouldn't want to see it lead to further and further exemptions - there are countless mods that could be useful to players in some capacity. It would just needlessly add caveat upon caveat.

mindblaster007

FPS lag and construction challenges
I disagree. Player-side mods don’t affect the server, only plugins such as WorldEdit and VoidStorage do. This wouldn’t be a plugin but an individual mod that the user downloads. I also don’t know what you mean by construction challenges. Can you simplify?

Kaph

Sentry
I disagree. Player-side mods don’t affect the server, only plugins such as WorldEdit and VoidStorage do. This wouldn’t be a plugin but an individual mod that the user downloads. I also don’t know what you mean by construction challenges. Can you simplify?

In regards to the only two mods that are currently allowed on Loka: Optifine and Schematica. These two mods solve two significant issues in Minecraft. Optifine improves FPS performance for many players, and Schematica aids in constructing buildings and structures. I don't believe the issue you're raising, of language-based barriers, can be placed at the same importance of these two issues. It would have a very niche usage and, in my opinion, not worth ammending the rules for.

Evil_X

Sentry
Have to agree with Kaph, people not using the mod would be put at a huge disadvantage not being able to communicate with people and considering I know quite a few people who can barely run Loka as is adding mods you need to be on the same level as everyone else if anything isn't fair on those people who can't afford to use a translator mod.
The only exception I could even think of is saying town/alliance's at their own discretion can allow translator mods to be used in their chats but that overcomplicates things and just isn't worth what comes with it.

Back