What's new
Loka Forums

Type /register while in-game to register for a forums account.

Suggestion My Thoughts on "problematic" achievements and why they should be fixed

Recently in my free time I've been grinding achievements mostly solo, just for a bit of fun until i got to 3000 points, and in this time I've noticed a lot of issues with them, and by problematic I mean achievements either impossible naturally, with insanely inflated numbers or literally being impossible via bugs.

Bugged Achievements / Impossible
1. "An Elder's Rest, A Warden's rest" From what i know these two have been bugged since the ocean update and should just be moved to legacy achievements unless they get readded simple fix.
2. "Busco's World Wonders" now technically it is possible, however the only ways to do it without having Opyc and skuhoo, log on are via essentially raiding a town, and most of the methods keep getting patched, if you wanna keep patching the methods to do this achievement. just turn it into a legacy.
3. "Mossy Stack's" still bugged from the festival of flame update as you get sent to a new instance instead of getting the achievement simple fix.
4. "That'll do, pig. That'll Do" I am unsure if this is bugged for me specifically, however I had a guardian watch me, and they saw me bugged and I couldn't travel on a pig at all, I was just constantly being rubber banded.
5. "Call in Sick, Hick! I'm Not Drunk, Knock back a brew, Dutch courage" All completely impossible currently, which sucks as a friend of mine loves this plugin.
6. "Time-Lost Cataclysm" The fishing part of this questline/achievement is just not possible, to get past as you cant fish anything up that is required.
7. "The First Set" once again unsure if it was just me bugged from this, but I got my kalros starting gear when I was a nomad and I never got this achievement.
8. "Traveling Cosmetics" I tried this twice over 3 months ago, and reported it doesn't work at all which sucks for an achievement that costs real money.
9. "Fabler and Loremaster" According to Cryptite in guide chat from several months ago, stuff lored prior to this achievement coming out should count towards this, however for me it didn't and I have at least lored 16 items (2 pickaxes 6 swords 2 elytras a bow, a spyglass and a full set of armour) whilst the game says I've only done 4
10. "Splash one bandit" it just doesn't work and no one I've seen has it.
11. "every dominion vale one" Now personally I haven't tried this but I've heard from a friend that the mode doesn't work at all.
12. "Map the floor with them" None of those maps are in the ranked pools ever from what I see in the past 2 seasons.
13. "Trial and Arrow" Now its theoretically possible if your opponent drops 2 arrows at least, but no one really does that so its impossible and should be reduced to 8.
I am sure there is more bugged ones i forgot however these are a lot of the main ones.

Inflated Numbers.

Brief summary of what this means, but achievements that should be reduced in amount needed to achieve to make it not just the most boring thing ever.
1. "I like trains" This takes 34 hours, 43 minutes, and 20 seconds of continuous movement this could be quartered and it would be fine maybe in 2015 before elytras this could've been fine but this is just "afk for 34 hours and hope to god it doesn't restart when your away"
2. "You're Gonna need a bigger boat" This COULD take 5 hours straight if you had a long enough runway, but no one does or can make a runway that big realistically, so it takes far longer to do this and can easily be reduced by a third and be completely fine.
3. "sneak-a-boo" 200 hours of sneaking which everyone afks is just dumb it could be reduced to like 50 hours at the highest and be fine why should anyone have to afk for that long for 1 achievement.
4. "Ride like the wind, Bullseye!" Not only do you need to have biome control over a biome with a horse, in the first place but you need to afk for 38 hours straight holding W, with the fastest possible horse speed, which is just dumb this could be reduced by 80%, and still take 7 hours which is a reasonable amount of time.
5. "Collecting Ruin" This would be fine if there was a incentive to grind Witch Hunter, but his drops are horrible, the totem is useless nearly, recall stones are easy to get via the Deep Dark, and the shard drops are low. And with the Deep Dark it is just not guaranteed to get any in my past 3 or 4 completions I've gotten 1 this could be reduced to 50 as getting a respawn anchor and a tether costs 42.
6. "I am Iron Man" This one is easily the worst of the Resource Island ores to grind, it feels as common as copper whilst taking 4 times the amount to complete, and yes iron is a useful resource but its not that valuable you could cut this to 25000 like coal or 10000 like copper and it would be fine.
7. "Evoker Reaction" Doing some basic maths via a message chain earlier this year, on average you get 2 Evokers a night and only spawn at night, so every 20 minutes you get 2 it would take 33 hours on average to complete this. That number is assuming perfect averages of 2 per night you could cut this in half and it would still suck to do.
8. "Spin's a web. Any size" 5000. Crowd Control in the Deep Dark shares that number whilst spawning hundreds of zombies at a time. and you cant even do it when mining as they only spawn on surface. This achievement could be lowered to 2000 and honestly i think most people would be fine with that due to how boring it is.
9. "Drowned but not out" The drowns on loka are a useless mob you have no reason to farm them outside of this achievement, lower it to 1000 and I honestly think it would be fine or add a drop to them like strange mote's so there is a actual reason to do them outside of this.
10. "On the Hunt" No one goes to normal Zyre as is this could be reduced to like 150 its just not fun to do.
11. "Vicious Defender" It could go to 500 honestly its not exactly the most fun strategy as they aren't that strong in my experience. (ive heard this could be bugged too however i am unsure)
12. "High and Endermite-y" reduce it to 100 as first, you need the enemy to have the module then you need to go out of your way to kill it during a fight, both of which aren't common and just counter intuitive to do.
This will be the most contentious category I have however to the people who've done these before, I think for the most part you can agree a lot of these are boring and i believe reducing numbers might incentives more people to grind achievements to foster a larger community around achievements rather than just asgard and scoria doing them.

Not possible Naturally (cheesing)

Brief summary, this is the least important category I am just adding it as I personally think achievements should be ACHIEVED rather than farmed.
"Every rose has its thorn and Thorn in my Side" its rare to find anyone using thorns as is, let alone dying/killing with it due to how good the average players are now compared to 2020 in all of minecraft.
"Steel wins battles. Gold wins wars" no one brings 10000 shards with them to Zyre its extremely rare.
"Penta kill (and previous tiers)" Now the first 3 are very doable but since the E-Crystal nerf I believe very few people have done this legit as the chances of it are near 0 to get 5 back to back kills in rapid succession.
"Practically every Zyre achievement" No one goes to Zyre anymore, outside of the variants, I personally think you should change some to work on the variant isles, such as "Kill all humans", "blood thirsty", "many-faced god", "Second-hand embarrassment", "You used splash, but nothing happened...", "A Fine addition to my collection", "pearl pitcher" and "The Loot cycle"

This is more of a personal tab and probably wont be added and I am fine with it, the Zyre ones always bugged me as since I joined no one really goes there so its just impossible to do unless you farm them which is boring, you could maybe turn the thorns ones into damage thresholds instead of actual kills that way they can be done normally but meh.

Overall this post is about making achievements more enterable for new and solo players, as a lot of achievements are just not possible, or take such a insane amount of time, that people with full time work or college cant really do them. I know it could rub people the wrong way that others get it easier than they had it after they already did it, but the benefit for those people is perhaps allowing the achievement communities such as the discord Hatchet_Doctor made, larger with new people coming to do them. (that discord will be linked below as its fantastic) I wanted to make this post for a while as I always loved the concept, but felt demotivated seeing how forced a lot of them are, which shrinks the amount of people willing to participate in the community for them.


 
4 voters
Back
Top