Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion New type of Arena 1v1

13lackpearl

Slicer
Don't worry, I'm not suggesting we change the current Arena 1v1 we have now, but rather adding another. There is no reason for panic :).

In this new arena 1v1, we can just simply change the kit that we start with so instead of starting with the classic leather armor, stone sword, and very limited potion, we can have the new arena pvp with full set of prot 4 unb 3, sharp V fire aspect 2 sword, pow 5 punch 2 flame 2 bow, three speed 2 potions, three strength 2 potions, 1 fire resistance, three regeneration 2:00, stack of food, and rest health 2 splash potions. Many of Lokans might not be familiar with this set, but this is the basic form of potion PvP.

I'll be direct; I believe most of the Lokans are terrible at potion PvP. And sadly for lot of people, most of the few people who knows how to potion PvP are in Dragonstone, which can be seen as very unfair for lot of people, especially to the enemies of D-Stone involving world PvP. I believe that by having this new form of Arena PvP, both ranked and unranked (by unranked, I mean the /duel option for potion pvp), Lokans can practice potion PvP and later apply it to the World PvP. I also think this will generally improve the overall quality of PvPers that Lokans have.

Last edited:

Ronshaud

Slicer
With players pot pvping, it could increase their pvp skills. It also helps in Tgen fights when fighting Protectors and enemies.

+10 Opycs :p

MasterAegon

Slicer
I am in agreement with Pearl. A lot of people don't want to risk all their gear and items they've worked hard for because they're not familiar with PotPVP and how it should be played. With this new arena, it could definitely increase the competition between players without the worry of losing gear. In turn, I believe that will spur more world PvP because people will perform better in that type of environment as well as be more confident in risking their gear because they have a chance at winning their fights.

We see a lot of people bounce back and forth to other servers for this purpose alone. I think it would be a great addition to the PvP system we have! :)

Coming from someone who can't keep a set of good armor for long, I think this would awesome. Don't have a lot of exp with pot fighting or just world pvp in general, so this could help others lacking in pvp skills to gain more experience without wasting resources.

adderman500

Slicer
I'd like to learn to pot PvP but I'm rarely on at the same time as anyone who can do it. This'd be great for me, +1

Ronshaud

Slicer
We all know how Pearl and Master are great Potion PvPers. If we get the Potion PvP Proving Ground, they could teach us a thing or two about it.

EastBowmen

Slicer
I'd love to see more pot pvpers on the server. I agree with Pearl that nearly all of the good pot pvpers are in Dragonstone so I'd love to see more potion pvpers on Loka. If anyone would like, I'd be glad to hand out some tips and tricks to those who wish. If Potion PvP is added to /pvp I advise that it's for friends to practice, have a good time, and NOT for competitive, ranked 1v1's. If it was to be rated, then the experienced pot pvpers would demolish the not so experienced pot pvpers making them have more hesitation about participating in World PvP. All I'm saying is that if pot pvp is introduced to Loka, then it should be similar to proving grounds. Players could have the option to open a menu similar to the /talents menu where they can customize their class and what not. All in all, it sounds like a great idea and I hope to see it implemented!

MasterAegon

Slicer
There's a reason that the ranked potpvp would be an option in addition to a /duel or a lobby of some kind for unranked play. I see nothing wrong with a ranked 1v1 but as it stands, Pearl would win that.

Back