Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Rejected No Hurt Cam

kiadmowi

Slicer
Name: No Hurt Cam
Link: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/nohurtcam
Description: Removes the screenshake upon taking damage
Reason: I'd like my view not to tilt 30° to the left every time I put my toe on a magma block or get hit.
One could argue this gives an advantage in pvp, but I believe it's more a matter of preference than outright advantage; think players playing with view bobbing on/off according to their preference.

mads64

Sentry
the cursefrog page says its abandoned, and there are no forks of 1.18 on their github

bat3415

Staff member
Elder
Unlike setting view bobbing off, you cannot turn off the effect of getting hit on your FOV. Removing this effect could improve your ability to stay on target during a fight. Giving an advantage over players using vanilla clients/those that choose not to use every mod we allow.

sborm

Muted
Unlike setting view bobbing off, you cannot turn off the effect of getting hit on your FOV. Removing this effect could improve your ability to stay on target during a fight. Giving an advantage over players using vanilla clients/those that choose not to use every mod we allow.
o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O If u aint paying attention u finna qd, L decision

mimo4

Slicer
W decision. can we get a plugin that forces view bobbing on next?

0KBX

It's legit preference. You can die if u got yo headphones of cause no camera shake, and given most pvpers have ADHD they gonna qd cause there gonna miss it completely

mimo4

Slicer
i believe he's saying it's preference and that if you had it off, with no volume, you would not be able to tell you were hit and would thus die as we do not necessarily keep our eyes on our health and more just keep track of the hits we take, as things like potting become muscle memory and you don't need to look at your hp to know when you need to pot. now what his point about how people will die without audio and hurtcam matters to this conversation at all i cannot really explain.

Back