Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Now what?

Jedoi

Slicer
Obby/Stone brick wall to protect against cannons. Check. A dome to protect against enderpearls. Check. Locked doors to protect against people who could have miraculously gotten into my town. Check. And I don't have to worry about insiders either. Check. My town is all protected. Now what? Oh, right, I level up... I level up by building, farming, mining... Well, my town is already built, we have plenty of food. What do I mine for? I have a bunch of stuff, now that people can't steal from me. I guess I could just play VotA, VoC, and Arenas. But they get boring after too long. And, wait, I can buy diamond things for losing in battlegrounds? Sounds good! :/

There's not even any RP going on- And none has been since Andre's event. I know Crypt is busy, but it's just one tiny thing adding up to the whole. Loka used to be advertised as a Town, Raiding, Role-Play server. It still is. Towns are OP, raiding is disappearing, RP isn't going on. It's all Battlegrounds.

I don't like being stolen from. It sucks. But raiding can't go away... I've said this a few times before. When people argued, they used to steal and raid and kill each other. In a game. Now, that you practically can't raid, people use verbal assaults. Verbal attacks that makes people want to quit the server, that causes much deeper hatred, ect. I used to be so scared of Thief I stayed at Spawn when he was online. The other day I let him use my town portal to get back to Spawn when he was nearby outside Dellsmite. He'd of been trapped anyway if he killed us.

Once you make a town look pretty, there's nothing else to do. Ron's been hyperfocusing on getting every achievement. Laz, Anna, Crew, Crazy, Ron, and I have been playing Skyblock together, because there's more to do there then on Loka. Steeler, Jen, Chubbs, Dark, ect. Inactive because our town is finished. Members of Blackwater, however, are very active. There's a lot to do. Until the town is done, and everyone goes to other cities, then leave once they find they're all completed. One thing I DO have to do, however, is watching chat. That, and helping in Blackwater... before Blackwater was made, I spent a lot of time playing Survival Games and HidenSeek with friends.

A year and a half ago, I joined a PvP server, with towns, theft, Role-Play, lots of active cities, towns, players, admins, and fun. And a great community. A community that's slowing becoming more and more inactive because, well, what do we do now?

Ronshaud

Slicer
I agree. Loka needs something new, interesting, exciting! Not saying im gonna quit loka if there is nothing new. I'm just saying, there is nothing else to do on loka. Right now, i need to complete 4 more achievements. Spawn wither, kill it and get nether star, make a beacon, and then the final and most difficult achievement is, discover every biome. Thats what I'm trying to do now. Now that i have 3 wither skulls, i will be able to complete 3 out of 4 of those achievements. But anyways, please come up with something non boring, and something very very fun. Something we would all like and most likely enjoy.

Jedoi

Slicer
It's not just that Loka us boring. We don't need new things. New things are the cause of this... Raiding needs to return. Like I said, I hate being raided. But it's honestly a good thing to happen... Not twice a day, but on occasion. Dellsmite hasn't been raided in, what, four months? And most if us are inactive.

CrewSoulReaper

Slicer
I agree with this. There's nothing to do on the server anymore. I love playing but as one of the last raiders there's very little raiding left. There hasn't been any rp in forever. People are getting bored. We either need more raiding capabilities or we need more rp events

CrazyNinjaCows23

Slicer
This is very true, i have been thinking alot why i've stayed on loka for the past year or so, and the truth is is because of people that raid. in reality a game should not be easy, it should be challenging and difficult for a player. without raiding, everything makes it so easy to achieve. that being said, it might sound all great at first but what happens when you are done with that? what happens when you have reached your goal and you are unraidable. what happens then? nothing. and that how most people get bored. Raiding should be a big part of Loka as it has been since the beginning. I realized that the only reason i like to stay is to rebuild from what i've lost and to be more prepared next time. IMO i think raiding should be like it was before

Lazuli73

Slicer
I agree with this too, although i don't like being raided, Loka is getting pretty boring. I would move that even if Crypt is to busy to make a RP that maybe some community members with RP ideas can submit them to a private forum or the spawn library. Like make a loose script or a play-by-play of the events.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
It is unfortunate that people don't initiate their own RP. Try though I might, I cannot be the only driving force for RP on Loka. RP is neat, sure, but the problem with RP is that it takes the most amount of development for the least amount of ROI. What that means is that I may spend two weeks developing code to drive an awesome RP event. Then, the RP event happens, lasts an hour, and is done. It's unfortunate, but it's a truth. Towns and PvP, however, I may spend two weeks on them and they are then used by lots of people all the time.

For those of you desiring conflict, you should bide your time until we begin to develop our Territory system. Once that is out, towns will have the option to begin to try to control land and fight for it. I think that will help start conflicts, wars, the kinds of things people talk about in the before time. Has raided been nerfed too far? Possibly, but simply bringing things back to the way they were isn't quite the answer, we think. We do want conflict, but there's an element of irony here. You guys are saying you miss being raided, yet I can't fully count the number of times that I've heard people say they were going to quit Loka because of being raided.

The hope with Territories is that we can bring World conflict back to Loka in a way that interests more than just the raiders, allows for gains and losses, but doesn't necessary mean complete and total loss of your things. There's much to be figured out, but I think territories has a chance to be great.

I'm not sure I remember a time when Loka was heavily advertised as a raiding server. We've always said we had thievery and that there was no chest protection, but we never advertised the server as a heavy raiding server; there just always were people that did.

Zor95

Slicer
It is unfortunate that people don't initiate their own RP. Try though I might, I cannot be the only driving force for RP on Loka.

Most people prefer puzzles and RP that involves exploring. We used to do our own but now that we can only own one generator it's too difficult to pull off. We have no tools to do it anymore.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Perhaps this isn't widely known, but I'm always happy to server-protect builds meant for community-wide consumption. Lots of people claim to want to do big community projects, but none ever start.

Psychedelic98

Slicer
Even if Loka was never advertised as a raiding server, it was a fairly large part of it, especially when I joined. How many people are against the idea of raiding, vs for it or indifferent to it?

JocelynReed

Slicer
The Wars....alliance vs comp whatevers...........The outlaws....the Neo Alliance...shock and awe. These are the things that people remember....that draw people in

lol I have been saying all of this shit for how long?

mopb3

Slicer
Even if Loka was never advertised as a raiding server, it was a fairly large part of it, especially when I joined. How many people are against the idea of raiding, vs for it or indifferent to it?
Yeah I know I'm for a restoration of raiding.

Who knew you'd ever see me type that eh'

JocelynReed

Slicer
tumblr_n6it3rNqv91qgwn27o1_250.gif

adderman500

Slicer
If you've "finished" your town (which I don't believe is possible by the way, Hyrule being a case in point) you could start a new one? Or start a community build as crypt suggested? As covered by crypt, going back is not the way to go forward, and what I think we should do is sit tight and wait for territories which will change the face of this server. The wars. battles and conflict will all come back, and if sieges become possible soon after that lordy knows you'll want raiding nerfed :p

Artagan

Slicer
Jedi, I always have more work to be done if you're that bored. :)

But really, basically what crypt said. If you want to do more RP things, go out and initiate them yourself. Right now there are only a handful of people on the server who have even taken the time to learn the lore, and the people who know right now are either crypt, inactive, or just really lazy. If I had a bit more time and a lot more energy I'd probably go out and make some RP things (crypt isn't the only one that can make interesting contributions to the lore, examples being Nouv's demon village, the ASA, Newdood's knife, etc). I'm always around to help you if you have questions, or if you're passionate about RP but don't know quite what to do.

As far as raiding goes, again, I'm with crypt, just wait on some of the territory things and whatnot we'll implement in the (hopefully near) future.

The Wars....alliance vs comp whatevers...........The outlaws....the Neo Alliance...shock and awe. These are the things that people remember....that draw people in

lol I have been saying all of this shit for how long?

The only people who give a shit about the outlaws are me and the outlaws. I remember the war, yeah, and the only reason most new or newish people know about the war is because I've told the story half a million times. I don't think anyone but y'all use the term "Neo-Allliance", and the shock and awe thing I found out about months after it happened. Seems like the only person who cared at the time was def, and apart from pissing him off all you did was blow all your emeralds.

Nobody is drawn to the server by your exploits in trolling and self gratification. They come because it sounds interesting, because they see what we have (towns, no chest protection, market, PvP games, etc) and they think it sounds fun. A handful, like me, initially come because they see we have some half decent RP, which is a rare quality for servers to have.

Jedi, it sounds like your problem really isn't really a lack of things to do, just a lack of *new* stuff. Lucky for you, I have tons of ideas that I'm too lazy to do anything about or make whole threads for!

We could:

-Have a Tournament of Albion
-Work on that World Road System
-Write some decent books for the library
-Eat carrots
-Burn Zor at the stake

And many more!

For realz though jedi, the server is still plenty interesting, and it's going to get a whole lot more interesting real soon. ;)

Jedoi

Slicer
Jedi, I always have more work to be done if you're that bored. :)
We could:

-Have a Tournament of Albion
-Work on that World Road System
-Write some decent books for the library
-Eat carrots
-Burn Zor at the stake

And many more!
Lol

Jedoi

Slicer
It's not that I'm bored because there's no new stuff (and it's not just me, it's many others) it's that there's so much new stuff it doesn't seem like the same server. There's a lot of people who miss the times when they joined.

Back