ArakRecruit67
Member
Date of Ban: 6/9/26 (4 months)
Reason: Harassment
Context:
Around 6 months before my ban, I began being extremely toxic online, and the reason why is very simple... COLLEGE APPS. Apart from the time I spent online, the rest of my life revolved around getting into a good college. There was/is an expectation that I would get into a T5 business school; this led to me overworking myself, constantly applying for internships, studying for the SAT, ACT, AP exams, etc. Eventually, I started getting stressed out when something wouldn't go my way (Ex., getting an A on a test instead of an A+), or I didn't complete a task I wanted to on time. As a result, whenever I got on loka, all that built-up stress led to me acting in a way which I normally wouldn't; being online gave me a false sense of invincibility, which I abused to say constant slurs/be rude to other people in a subconscious effort to try to escape the stress I was feeling in real life. This eventually led to a perm mute when daqinel was "Rage Baiting" me by saying "ez 1v1" after 5v1ing me at gank isle. An hour before this, I had gotten rejected from an Internship at a law firm that I was really looking forward to. Not being able to handle it anymore, he made a very insensitive and cruel statement (something making fun of the fact that his country is getting bombed). Daqinel, if you're reading this, I'm extremely sorry, and hope your country's situation gets better. After this, I didn't learn my lesson and continued using slurs in town chat/vc. I believe I was reported by Kytuo for saying the N-word in town chat to Audisay (I got banned the day/day after he reported me). I've talked to Audisay and apologized for my mistakes and explained the reasons why I was acting the way I did; he understood what I was going through and forgave me. (Also, after my ban, I was spam-dming elders; sorry about that. My actions were inexcusable, and I was in denial).

Ban - Now:
Since my ban, I've become involved in my local community by going to local town board meetings and joining committees as a student representative, and throughout these experiences and talking to mature adults, I've realized that there is so much more to life than a good school. They helped me realize that overworking yourself won't lead to long-term success; instead, it'll just lead to early burnout. I've learned not to do things for others, but for myself, and as a result have started enjoying the things I do and learning it's okay to get an occasional A instead of an A+, or that it's okay to not get every internship you apply for, leading my life to become peaceful and stress-free. I've also gotten a minimum wage job at a restaurant. Both my time at local town meetings and at my job have helped me learn how much words really matter, and even the smallest comment can either ruin or make someone's day. I believe that through these experiences I've learned how important it is to be respectful at all times and not make innapororiate comments/ use vulgur language/slurs.
Why I Should be unbanned:
I believe that I've significantly matured in the time I've been matured through major life experiences (getting your first job) and learning that school isn't everything. Also, loka rules and elders have explicitly stated that the person whom you're speaking to must be the one to report you, and in this situation wasn't the case. I understand that some may feel it's too soon for me to be allowed back on the server, and to them I would like to say. When I got banned from Loka, I was an 15 year old boywho was going through an extremely stressful period in my life and didn't understand how much my words affected others. Now I'm a 16-year-old man who's matured significantly (I kinda asked my manager at work to write me a letter, which I can provide upon staff's request, which highlights the differences he's seen since I started working at the restaurant ( 3 weeks after my ban) who understands how impactful words can be.


Reason: Harassment
Context:
Around 6 months before my ban, I began being extremely toxic online, and the reason why is very simple... COLLEGE APPS. Apart from the time I spent online, the rest of my life revolved around getting into a good college. There was/is an expectation that I would get into a T5 business school; this led to me overworking myself, constantly applying for internships, studying for the SAT, ACT, AP exams, etc. Eventually, I started getting stressed out when something wouldn't go my way (Ex., getting an A on a test instead of an A+), or I didn't complete a task I wanted to on time. As a result, whenever I got on loka, all that built-up stress led to me acting in a way which I normally wouldn't; being online gave me a false sense of invincibility, which I abused to say constant slurs/be rude to other people in a subconscious effort to try to escape the stress I was feeling in real life. This eventually led to a perm mute when daqinel was "Rage Baiting" me by saying "ez 1v1" after 5v1ing me at gank isle. An hour before this, I had gotten rejected from an Internship at a law firm that I was really looking forward to. Not being able to handle it anymore, he made a very insensitive and cruel statement (something making fun of the fact that his country is getting bombed). Daqinel, if you're reading this, I'm extremely sorry, and hope your country's situation gets better. After this, I didn't learn my lesson and continued using slurs in town chat/vc. I believe I was reported by Kytuo for saying the N-word in town chat to Audisay (I got banned the day/day after he reported me). I've talked to Audisay and apologized for my mistakes and explained the reasons why I was acting the way I did; he understood what I was going through and forgave me. (Also, after my ban, I was spam-dming elders; sorry about that. My actions were inexcusable, and I was in denial).

Ban - Now:
Since my ban, I've become involved in my local community by going to local town board meetings and joining committees as a student representative, and throughout these experiences and talking to mature adults, I've realized that there is so much more to life than a good school. They helped me realize that overworking yourself won't lead to long-term success; instead, it'll just lead to early burnout. I've learned not to do things for others, but for myself, and as a result have started enjoying the things I do and learning it's okay to get an occasional A instead of an A+, or that it's okay to not get every internship you apply for, leading my life to become peaceful and stress-free. I've also gotten a minimum wage job at a restaurant. Both my time at local town meetings and at my job have helped me learn how much words really matter, and even the smallest comment can either ruin or make someone's day. I believe that through these experiences I've learned how important it is to be respectful at all times and not make innapororiate comments/ use vulgur language/slurs.
Why I Should be unbanned:
I believe that I've significantly matured in the time I've been matured through major life experiences (getting your first job) and learning that school isn't everything. Also, loka rules and elders have explicitly stated that the person whom you're speaking to must be the one to report you, and in this situation wasn't the case. I understand that some may feel it's too soon for me to be allowed back on the server, and to them I would like to say. When I got banned from Loka, I was an 15 year old boywho was going through an extremely stressful period in my life and didn't understand how much my words affected others. Now I'm a 16-year-old man who's matured significantly (I kinda asked my manager at work to write me a letter, which I can provide upon staff's request, which highlights the differences he's seen since I started working at the restaurant ( 3 weeks after my ban) who understands how impactful words can be.


