Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Implemented Opt Out of PvP Notifications

NerdieBirdieYT

Slicer
Maybe I'm crazy and this is already a thing, but it'd be great to be able to opt out of getting the sounds and visuals associated with Conquest and beheading and such for those who aren't PvP-minded.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
The plan is to make battlezones their own local chat zone, much like fishing tournaments and the library at spawn. It would also show this chat to all people registered to fight, even if they are dead.

FoxyBearGames

Guardian
Localization of things similar to this is most certainly the direction that the server should try to go in. It just cleans up chat and makes it easier for people to understand what pertains to them and what does not. There's a lot of smaller things very similar that this could be applied to and doing so would improve quality of life immensely.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Maybe I'm crazy and this is already a thing, but it'd be great to be able to opt out of getting the sounds and visuals associated with Conquest and beheading and such for those who aren't PvP-minded.

Sorta related but we'd like some input on Streamers/YouTubers on other things they'd like to be able to optionally disable when creating content. A couple obvious options being toggling public chat(s) and preventing being /m'd. Perhaps a new thread, though to keep it organized. @marblesack12 has some thoughts perhaps too.

NerdieBirdieYT

Slicer
Sorta related but we'd like some input on Streamers/YouTubers on other things they'd like to be able to optionally disable when creating content. A couple obvious options being toggling public chat(s) and preventing being /m'd. Perhaps a new thread, though to keep it organized. @marblesack12 has some thoughts perhaps too.
The beheading and Conquest noises and on-screen announcements are, by far, the most annoying thing to deal with when recording. Can't think of any other things off the top of my head that would be good to opt out of aside from DMs, as you mentioned.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
The beheading and Conquest noises and on-screen announcements are, by far, the most annoying thing to deal with when recording. Can't think of any other things off the top of my head that would be good to opt out of aside from DMs, as you mentioned.

I think beheading could be less exciting. Certainly when Conquest Kill messages are relegated to their own fights' participants, beheads would only be heard by them too so that should help.

Back