Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

PineconeWalrus Crusader Skin Dispute

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't argue that skin doesn't resemble a klansman even if it's not what you were going for
Who cares that his skin resembles, tangentially, a no-no offensive thing? He says it wasn't his intention and I'm inclined to believe him. He says the skin isn't a klansman. Case closed. He shouldn't even have to change his skin.

Last edited:

koi0001

Guardian
Who cares that his skin resembles, tangentially, a no-no offensive thing? He says it wasn't his intention and I'm inclined to believe him. He says the skin isn't a klansman. Case closed. He shouldn't even have to change his skin.

Well actually a good few people would care what the skin resembles it's not unrelated at all, that's why we have the rule to begin with.

I'm not arguing about if he chose the skin deliberately or not, I'm arguing that it has an insane resemblance of a klansman skin so much so to the point of people not being able to distinguish that it isn't when first seeing the skin.

I don't know the person individually at all so I wouldn't be able to say whether this was an honest mistake or them pushing the line. However, the point remains that the skin far to closely resembles something that can be deemed offensive on Loka.

Why do you believe he shouldn't even have to change his skin? Regardless of whether it's on a skin website labelled templar knight it still far to closely resembles a white supremacist uniform than a knight.

Crucco

Slicer
Well actually a good few people would care what the skin resembles it's not unrelated at all, that's why we have the rule to begin with.

I'm not arguing about if he chose the skin deliberately or not, I'm arguing that it has an insane resemblance of a klansman skin so much so to the point of people not being able to distinguish that it isn't when first seeing the skin.

I don't know the person individually at all so I wouldn't be able to say whether this was an honest mistake or them pushing the line. However, the point remains that the skin far to closely resembles something that can be deemed offensive on Loka.

Why do you believe he shouldn't even have to change his skin? Regardless of whether it's on a skin website labelled templar knight it still far to closely resembles a white supremacist uniform than a knight.
what koi said!

zPineconeFx

He can change the skin but being banned for a month for what is an honest mistake just doesn't make sense. 1 month over a skin that obviously isnt a klansmen if you just look at our town and the builds we incorporated and the images that we shown directly from the show. Why should he be banned for something he didn't intend for a month. If it really upsets people so much then just ask him to change it hes provided so much proof and I know he didnt genuinely mean for it to look like a klansmen then why is he banned for a month. A month because a few people misinterpret his skin is kinda insane considering (example) Many people interpret skuhoo's skin as hitler does that mean skuhoo is at fault even though he didnt intend on making a hitler skin. The fact is why is melon being punished for something he didnt intend he can simply change the skin and a month ban is outrageous for a simple misinterpretation of a couple people.

koi0001

Guardian

Point is I'm not commenting on the punishment (I'd need more background like if he was warned about the skin beforehand etc before I gave an opinion). I'm pointing out that it is far to close of a resemblance.

The fact is why is melon being punished for something he didnt intend he can simply change the skin and a month ban is outrageous for a simple misinterpretation of a couple people.
From my perspective it wouldn't be fair if a player was banned without being warned that their skin was considered to be breaking the rules. That being said if he was warned and didn't change the skin I'd say the ban is totally warranted.

EDIT: A suggestion for the future would be incorporating a way to disable players showing their skin on the server and reverting them back to Steve if possible instead of banning.

zPineconeFx

I never said he cant change the skin if its so annoying then he can change it but a month ban is not deserved as he was banned out of nowhere.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
If what you claim in your post is true, you seriously need to educate yourself and fully understand what your skin actually depicts. That being said, ignorance is not an excuse for breaking the server rules. If this was your first offence or you were a new player we would have spoken to you politely and given you the opportunity to change it, however, this is not the case and we will elaborate on this below.

Searching the term 'Ku Klux' in novaskin returns the same skin as yours as the second result and was posted 9 months ago. There are also numerous variants of this skin, some of which date back over 1 year. The skin you mention that calls itself 'templar knight' was uploaded 1 day ago (was also uploaded at the same time under the name 'knight templar'). As a result, I'm not quite sure how you came across said skin as you changed yours to it over 1 day ago. A cynical person would suspect you yourself uploaded it under the name 'knight templar' and 'templar knight' to falsify your argument. Now it sounds like you take your templar role-playing very seriously so I'm sure you have designed a templar themed optifine cape to match. Unfortunately, the cape depicts a brown skull/head with a red cross through it. Now I don't think it takes too much imagination to understand what that is supposed to depict, but it certainly isn't from the show Ertugrul.

1612901640866.png
1612901645685.png

Giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming all of this is a giant misunderstanding and purely ignorance, let's take a look at your past history on the server. 3 months ago you were banned for having a cape with a pride flag and a large red cross running through it (not too dissimilar from your current cape). This was coupled with a skin depicting Bin Laden that contained a crudely drawn Nazi flag. To add to this you were not compliant when asked to change it and instead trolled staff who were dealing with you. 6 months ago we were forced to perma mute you for stating you hated brown people in public chat and linking lored items with the names 'Wh!te Power' and 'Not Black Power'. 8 months ago you were once again banned for having a Nazi skin and cape. More recently there is video evidence that was sent to us of you using a texture pack using a derogatory racial slur as the crosshair. We could go on, but I think it's clear to see a theme developing (the number of admin notes on your account are so numerous that we cannot view them in discord as it breaks the bot).

1612901984893.png

The sheer audacity of your appeal is quite frankly mind-boggling. What it has done is brought to light even more examples of your racist actions and taken up our time in the process. Due to everything mentioned in the post, we will be upgrading the ban from 1 month to a permaban. We have no interest in allowing racists to be part of the community.

We are disappointed in those who have attempted to defend this kind of behaviour in the thread and quite honestly the discussion to punish you as well was had. However, we will assume you were all ill-informed on the situation and did not have all the evidence to hand. Going forward we would advise you all to educate yourselves on topics before throwing your opinions out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back