Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion Possible Trident Conditions.

SigmaFlash

Slicer
With the ability to add riptide to the trident and basically be untouchable and kite, there should obviously be restrictions on it if it was to ever get added to Loka. One way it to make it similar to elytras where riptide would only work when you are out of combat so people can still use tridents if they want but riptide is not usable in combat situations. It would also make it possible to being able to die when kiting when and if tridents come to loka.

ACwavelength

Slicer
I fear the only way they will make an appearance on Loka is if the riptide enchant is removed entirely... It just might be something too hard to balance with how Loka be baby.
tbh it's the only reason people would actually want tridents on loka. Throwing them only ever does as much damage as an unenchanted sword, and there's rarely thunderstorms, so channelling is useless.
With the ability to add riptide to the trident and basically be untouchable and kite, there should obviously be restrictions on it if it was to ever get added to Loka. One way it to make it similar to elytras where riptide would only work when you are out of combat so people can still use tridents if they want but riptide is not usable in combat situations. It would also make it possible to being able to die when kiting when and if tridents come to loka.
Riptide only works in water or when it's raining. So if it's a clear day, the trident is already pretty balanced. You could place a water bucket but you wouldn't be able to pick it up, so you'd have to fill your inventory with unstackable water buckets.
I understand that incase a fight occurs when it's raining, there'd have to be a cooldown so that you can't spam it. But I think it would offer an interesting new tactic to fights that might make them more fun.
However, with the context that sigmaflash and the rest of wolf force are reliant on conquest staying dull and boring and only being about niche 1.9 pvp skill, I'm afraid that this thread might just be them acting in fear of change. Be it change that could make fights more interesting. Things like elytra bombing are fun, interesting, and provide an alternative to crit spamming, so you don't have to be a tryhard to take part in conquest. Which is why hardcore pvpers might not like it.

Even so, if the trident is going to be as a reward for completing some aquatic update questing it has to be valuable enough for people to want to go and get it. As I said before, it doesn't do much damage when thrown, and can't even have flame or punch. The only thing that might make it worthwhile is riptide, and if that's limited too much, people won't want tridents.

Qfu

Slicer
tbh it's the only reason people would actually want tridents on loka. Throwing them only ever does as much damage as an unenchanted sword, and there's rarely thunderstorms, so channelling is useless.

Riptide only works in water or when it's raining. So if it's a clear day, the trident is already pretty balanced. You could place a water bucket but you wouldn't be able to pick it up, so you'd have to fill your inventory with unstackable water buckets.
I understand that incase a fight occurs when it's raining, there'd have to be a cooldown so that you can't spam it. But I think it would offer an interesting new tactic to fights that might make them more fun.
However, with the context that sigmaflash and the rest of wolf force are reliant on conquest staying dull and boring and only being about niche 1.9 pvp skill, I'm afraid that this thread might just be them acting in fear of change. Be it change that could make fights more interesting. Things like elytra bombing are fun, interesting, and provide an alternative to crit spamming, so you don't have to be a tryhard to take part in conquest. Which is why hardcore pvpers might not like it.

Even so, if the trident is going to be as a reward for completing some aquatic update questing it has to be valuable enough for people to want to go and get it. As I said before, it doesn't do much damage when thrown, and can't even have flame or punch. The only thing that might make it worthwhile is riptide, and if that's limited too much, people won't want tridents.
Are you skunked bro..

Last edited:

Inapplicable

Slicer
Community Rep

i will make a fool out of you

DeceitfulPear

Guardian
Things like elytra bombing are fun, interesting, and provide an alternative to crit spamming, so you don't have to be a tryhard to take part in conquest. Which is why hardcore pvpers might not like it.
Ah yes Elytra bombing, its not like that strat is being exclusively used by a group of people in Best in the West (Praise the Air Force).

If any strat is able to be used by people with less skill to cheese out success then people with more skill will 100% be able to do it better. Take End Crystals for instance. Only 1 or 2 people were using them before but they honestly weren't that good at using them. Then Jib here started using them and was getting 10+ kills in fights essentially and wiping out large forces of people. Needless to say they were nerfed a tad bit because of that.

Yeah Tridents are fun but mobility is not something to be over looking in conquest and pvp in general. Its hard enough as is to get a runner killed with Ender Pearls and Thorns being a thing. Another mobility object could make it even worse. One possible solution could be a shared cooldown. Yeah it gets rid of the memes of zooming back and forth and while that's fun I don't really think it adds anything to actual conquest and would just cause headaches in the long run.

This whole rewarding people with less skill idea is kind of ridiculous though. And I say that knowing that I'd be able to perform better with some cheesy strat being available.

If you are looking for an alternate to "crit spamming" and "niche 1.9 PvP skill" then I suggest grabbing a shield/kb2 sword and experience the honorable act of being a Golem Boi which personally is something I've always had a lot of fun doing: trying to get charges off with 5 other people clicking at my shield trying to stop me. Add some insult to injury and carry some debuffs+milk and just slam them at your enemies once you get the charge off. There is a lot that can be done in conquest outside of clicking on people

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Jib here started using them and was getting 10+ kills in fights essentially and wiping out large forces of people. Needless to say they were nerfed a tad bit because of that.

To be fair the only thing we nerfed was that you could stand 1 block below the crystal to detonate it without damaging yourself, as that was the stupid part. If you choose to suicide bomb then you should go down with your opposers.

Cappur

Slicer
i have a suggestion about riptide- add a separate cooldown for the enchant. It would be exactly like the enderpearl cooldowns (10 seconds iirc). This would make it so people have 2 "ender pearls" in certain situations and would prevent people from just flying around constantly.

ACwavelength

Slicer
I knew there'd be a negative reaction to what I said, but I think the points I brought up are still solid points. A new strategy would mix up conquest and make it more fun, even for the enemies. Taking down someone who keeps boosting around could be a fun test of skill, just as boosting around could require skill itself.

Another thing; if someone riptide boosts to escape someone, that's a form of retreat, which would make sense as part of the natural back and forth push of a conquest fight. Anyway, because riptide requires water, you'd need to place a bucket down before throwing, which takes up time and inventory space. Of course there'd have to be a cooldown to prevent people from spamming it, especially for the water covered tiles.

Evil_X

Sentry
imo the trident is something fun that mixes with the conquest meta, I want to see more stuff and more strategies being used on the battlefield that at the end of the day just make conquest more fun. Even if it meant the enchant has to be completely reworked its a waste of an item to not add it to conquest.
Adding cooldowns similar to that of ender pearls for while in a battlezone seems fair. Just let me spin around in an overly dramatic fashion.

Back