Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

PrettyKitty343's Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reiwa1

Guardian
Firstly I would like to address that I am the Admin who conducted the screenshare on Tedzi AKA PrettyKitty343.

We decided to freeze Tedzi towards the end of the tournament with the suspicion of cheating based off of player reports but more importantly their ban from the Pot Tier Discord for auto-jump reset and triggerbot usage. During the screenshare process I used a tool named Ocean which scans a user's PC for cheats and clients, the scan had flagged several logs that indicated that Tedzi was cheating. I quickly got in contact with Ocean’s staff team as the results showed new flags that I had never seen before and they were not listed in Ocean’s documentation. I asked Ocean staff that how I could manually find the log that is being triggered and they refused and simply stated that the scan shows that the player is “100% cheating”. At this point we were an hour into the screenshare and the tournament was being held up, and I had to go faster or end the screenshare which I didn't really want since I don't want to ban anyone incorrectly, usually I would never ban off something so unsure as this but we decided that since Ocean support is adamant on the player being guilty we would be willing to base the ban solely off the results of Ocean. I was not satisfied with the screenshare itself as I felt more time was needed as well as the support team at Ocean was not willing to clarify my confusion. But we did not leave that here.

It was then brought to our attention by Tedzi that the legitimate client that is Lunar+Fabric which is what he was using during the tournament showed the same flags off a fresh install of the same client. We tested this by doing an Ocean scan on an admin using Lunar+Fabric and found that their scan was identical to Tedzi’s, flagging them for cheats. Since Ocean keeps logs of scan results more detailed than what normal users have access to, ThePigGang had then opened a ticket to see what brought them to the conclusion of “100% cheating” since we know they obviously were flagging a false positive.

It was like talking to a brick wall as they had the same response as their initial response that the player is cheating without any further explanation when trying to clarify the details of the scan. Leading up to our final decision of unbanning Tedzi we decided to wait in order to confirm everything and re-look over old scans.

I will make sure to do more thorough reviews in the future and wait for all relevant information before making a decision. I apologize for any distress this may have caused and I will take this lesson seriously moving forward.

1728333735648.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back