Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion Productivity Industries

MrAlchemy

Slicer
Hello Ladies and Gents! ۜ\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

Suggestion:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Productivity Industries - A set of industry buildings that can be used a set amount of times per real life day, each generating a reward for the town actively engaging in their usage. Building examples would be windmills, oil wells, water wells, water/wind turbines, power plants, steam generators, etc etc.

Usage of these industries would require that at least 4 members of the town must press a button at the same time for the industry to be activated. Upon activation, the industry generates a reward upon the completion of it's task, which may or may not require materials. Some tasks take a large portion of time and materials to activate, but the more materials and time spent the more rewarding the prize.

Other industries could be passive and cost emeralds to keep active, like generators. The reward for having these industries active could span from the choice of an in-town benefit (not unlike global policies) to the slow generation of experience (like a craftable exp gen)

Purpose of Productivity Industries - The prime focus of Productivity Industries would be to provide an alternative pathway to earn emeralds and other essential items that towns require. It would also be a great opportunity for towns that have lots of points to spend on inhibitors to use them elsewhere. When towns have to work together, they are brought closer together.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do ya'll think??

~Alch

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Very clever usage of what we in the industry call "Daily Rewards". It's something we've been mulling over as an addition to Loka to keep players wanting to come back daily to get things done. Of course it's another in a long list of "Things need doing".

Similarly we're likely going to add Daily Quests to PvE encounters at some point as well.

That said, I like this idea :p

Dwemer_Sphere

Slicer
I like it..I love the Steam generators, PowerPlants, and other more modern Builds. I think of like a nuclear Plant which be perfect for it. I love these ideas and would Love to have them in my town. The water wheel would be great to as like a giant gear. This way that We can even when we start to grow could even have Jobs " to players inside the town that they can be paid for to keep their particular plant running effectively.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Jobs is another thought we had that town leadership and high-level members could create if they wanted.

Was just doing a little forums grave digging and i really liked this idea and wanted to send it to the top in case you maybe forgot crypt,
sorry and thanks

Back