Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

PvP in towns

thelineguy

Slicer
Wouldn't it be fairer if we could use swords and handheld weapons in enemy towns? At the moment only bows and potions and weapons from non-specific entities work. To maintain our *Survival* server, I think PvP should be allowed in enemy towns.

Zor95

Slicer
I was thinking now that we have bubble gens you could allow full PvP in all areas of the town except the highest ranked area. Problem is they are for large generators only and I'm not aware of any ranking system in place at the moment.

I'm actually in favor of enabling PvP in towns, period. If its a town member PvPing another, thats easily dealt with with membership. For outsiders, the towns need to be more defensible. They're already block protected, so build better doors. But I'd like to hear other opinions.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Agree. I've always thought it odd that an invader could enter your town, stare at you in the face with you powerless to stab him. If you want people out, build walls.

mopb3

Slicer
I'm not one to wish even more fighting upon myself, but this seems like it can only be a good idea to me.

thelineguy

Slicer
Cryptite said:
Agree. I've always thought it odd that an invader could enter your town, stare at you in the face with you powerless to stab him. If you want people out, build walls.

Actually, I think the system works atm by disabling the invader's ability to pvp, leaving them only to use non-entity-specific damage sources such as arrows and splash potions. (Non-entity-specific as far as the plugin seems to go, anyway)

Artagan

Slicer
Despite my own status as the most raided individual in all Loka, I agree with asymp and the others. It's a bit odd that one can't stab someone standing directly in front of them in an enemy town.

On an unrelated note, are potions and wolves disabled in spawn yet?

Artagan said:
Despite my own status as the most raided individual in all Loka, I agree with asymp and the others. It's a bit odd that one can't stab someone standing directly in front of them in an enemy town.

On an unrelated note, are potions and wolves disabled in spawn yet?

Okay its decided then, I'm turning PvP back on in towns. Potions and wolves should be worldguardable I think. I'll look.

Back