Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Implemented Raffle System for Tournaments

SilentStormSix

Sentry
So this might a bit of a long shot but I am proposing an official system that allows stall owners/vendors to create listings for raffles.
It allows the vendor to put up an item that is being raffled, they include the price per ticket and that is pretty much it.

It allows the buyers/tournament people to view the item if they right click on a sign or something, it opens a GUI that displays the item, and then has an option to close the GUI, or 3 other options that allow for purchasing of raffle tickets for this specific item. For example an option that lets you buy 1 ticket a time, 20 tickets at a time, or 100 tickets at a time.

A sign for each item, and each raffle must be finalized and set up before the tournament starts.

As for the drawing of the winner I say it also does that automatically. This all needs some refining so that is what the comments are for. Suggest away.
I hope my rambling makes sense.

koi0001

Guardian
My main issue is that once we start intervening and trying to guarantee a part of tourny stalls we really should be policing all of it which as we've already made clear is a giant hassle and something we most likely wouldn't even be able to do well.

A big issue we've had in the most recent tournament was players agreeing to terms that just didn't make sense. Players giving their money to stall owners with the promise of some kind of refund at the end of the tournament? I think some of it is really just common sense in my opinion.

For the likes of people actually scamming with straightup lying about rewards, odds etc it definitely is something I'd rather not see.

Back