Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Raiding Downed Gens

Defgnww

Slicer
I'm pretty sure my gen has also gone down and I was raided. However, similar to Helrune's gen, it has gone down for no apparent reason which brings up the question:

Should stealing from downed gens that were not legitimately shut off by lack of emeralds be legal?

Psychedelic98

Slicer
Your gen wasn't down when I raided you, I would be glad to show any admin how I did it without destroying any blocks within range.

Loki

Defgnww said:
I'm pretty sure my gen has also gone down and I was raided. However, similar to Helrune's gen, it has gone down for no apparent reason which brings up the question:

Should stealing from downed gens that were not legitimately shut off by lack of emeralds be legal?

I believe that is bug abuse; when Preksak blew the generators up we were told not to touch any cities we don't have permissions in or it'd be considered bug abuse. The generators that have emeralds in them are supposed to be up, but as we all know they are still going down frequently. If it had shut down because of not keeping it fed with emeralds it would be different. I suggest consulting Magpieman and finding out what he thinks so that proper action can be taken.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
It is a difficult subject as is hard to tell if a gen is legitimately down or not. It would have to be looked at in a case by case bases. If a gen is however down through no fault of the player then yes it is against the rules to raid it. I would be interested to hear how psychedelic raided you and also the reason the gen was down if it was.

K

KenuDragonfire

Uh, what if a gen goes down legitly, then gets stuck being down (at least that is what is being accused), then goes back up, and 4 raids took place between those times with numerous items stolen... what do you do then?

Zor95

Slicer
It's not too hard to tell the difference. Open the chest and check for a balance.

adderman500

Slicer
What happens if there is a problem in the coding that makes restocking the generator impossible? (cath was the city raided 4 times nou talked about)

mopb3

Slicer
adderman500 said:
What happens if there is a problem in the coding that makes restocking the generator impossible? (cath was the city raided 4 times nou talked about)
Aye, and our generator was and still is only down due to errors in the code.

Zor95

Slicer
mopb3 said:
adderman500 said:
Aye, and our generator was and still is only down due to errors in the code.

Are you not aware how much your gen costs? Only a few on the server could afford that. Certainly not the self-proclaimed poorest city on Loka.

mopb3

Slicer
I'm not entirely sure what you are getting at Zor, our gen was down to a bug I can assure you, if need be I shall take a video of me trying to top it up to show y'all it doesn't work

K

KenuDragonfire

You know, you could have sent me a mail saying it was down due to a bug, I'd have just checked myself. Sorry about that, and I didn't really keep track of what I stole on specific days, so... *shrugs*

Zor95

Slicer
If there really is a bug then it is new.

Nouv, it was your own idea to fill the empty Cath gen after we raided. We did this for several days and I managed to control exactly when the generator died by adding certain amounts of emeralds. One day is about 250 emeralds.

Newdood

Slicer
adderman500 said:
Zor you dont think u messed up caths gen by doing that so that mop cant add emeralds?
No, he can, Line filled the gen a few times, even said it in pub. chat, Mop just can't afford it Adder.

Newdood

Slicer
adderman500 said:
OK i wasnt aware of this. Perhaps i should ask him in person.
Glad we're on the same page.
Also, can you connect to Loka? I'm getting end of streams :/

mopb3

Slicer
Down for all of us, If line can indeed deposit emeralds again then I'm overjoyed at the news

thelineguy

Slicer
mopb3 said:
Down for all of us, If line can indeed deposit emeralds again then I'm overjoyed at the news

Actually, when I attempted to deposit 5 stacks of emeralds after the raid, the gen simply just did not react. I put it in. Close the chest interface. No balance comes up. I open the chest again, 5 stacks still there. Close it. Open it. Close it. Open it. Rinse and repeat, nothing happened.

Back