Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

No Plans to Implement Recycler - Crafting Industry idea

Grubul

Slicer
We all have lots of crafted items, that we don't actually need or use. We cannot sell them in market, because everyone else has them. There is no need for them.

Example: Iron Rails. If we need them, we craft them. Nobody (as i have noticed SO FAR) buys them on the market.

What if we could have a Crafting industry building, with a chest, that would take items, and recycle them to their base crafting materials but give something nerfed back like 1/3rd or 1/4th of it.

For example: 4 Iron rails, would give you back 6 iron ignots and 1 stick.
------------------------------------------------------------
Having a way to give grinded items a second life as something else, would be quite cool.

What do You think?

Skuhoo

Administrator
Staff member
Elder
The reason there's tons of rails around is because people craft them for Xp. Also, in your example, 4 rails for 6 iron would allow players to dupe, as 6 iron crafts 16 rails.

Providing a way to recycle crafted items would just mean people can level cheaper, which I don't think is needed. If anything we need new resource sinks, not new ways of collecting resources.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
The reason there's tons of rails around is because people craft them for Xp. Also, in your example, 4 rails for 6 iron would allow players to dupe, as 6 iron crafts 16 rails.

Providing a way to recycle crafted items would just mean people can level cheaper, which I don't think is needed. If anything we need new resource sinks, not new ways of collecting resources.

Everybody build 3-wide rail system to Eldritch.

Aggressive_Gibon

Slicer
I agree with Sku it's not as if people are randomly making tons of rails they're making them for the purpose of leveling their town and in that sense I don't see a reason to give them purpose beyond that. You've expended the resources in exchange for the xp why should there then be a way to recycle those resources?

koi0001

Guardian
I was thinking about how the leveling system can be essentially speed ran which was made evident by the new town in Kalros which made in past level 6 within hours of being created. This is probably going off topic buy I believe things like rails should be reevaluated in terms of how rewarding it is to craft for town levels.

I do like this suggestion. However, I feel like it would need to be incredibly weak in terms of return.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Reaching around Level 10 as a Town is meant to be fairly easy. There are still some things that are OP in terms of town leveling, but leveling should feel quick, early. As you all know, it slows down real quick once you get into the high teens.

FoxyBearGames

Guardian
Something of this manner could be quite useful, but could also lead to exploited bugs and what not, the idea would have to be executed with lots of care to be sure.

Back