Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

No Plans to Implement Remove the alliance town limit.

Blissterz

Hello loka minecrafters. I think that we should remove the 12 town limit in alliances because of many reasons. Firstly, when there was no limit the map looked alot cleaner because basically every town on the continent was in the winning alliance. For example lets compare a map of ascalon from March 2022 with a map of present day. 1709477331974.png1709477346680.png
There is a huge difference as you can notice. The map from 2022 was mostly 1 color because basically every town on the continent could and did join the winning alliance at the time (HL) and the present day map shows all of the towns that are basically useless and dont contribute anything to the server. Removing the 12 town limit cleans up the map a bit + lets towns join the biggest alliances despite the amount of actives that these towns are contributing with.

Removing the 12 town limit also makes for bigger conquest fights and longer lasting alliances. For example, https://eldritchbot.com/fight?id=rJTgJI@d5 here is a fight from 2022 when the town limit was not a thing. This was also one of the biggest fights on Loka. This is a present day fight with the town limit. https://eldritchbot.com/fight?id=CU4bcs3x6 You can see how numbers in fights have drastically decreased since the change was instated when you look at both of the fights.

I hope this can be considered to be implemented in the future :D.

Last edited:

Wagle11

+1 this would let new players make towns again without needing to have 50 others with them and lead to more people to actually become good and keep playing and because of the new town prices it wouldnt fill up as much either as before

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Pulling one fight from 2 years ago that was literally on the last day of the month and likely decided world cap, in no way indicates a trend. You picked one fight that happened yesterday, on Garama, on the first week of conquest and have decided these two fights make your entire case for the results of the cap.

This is, by the way, the literal definition of Cherry Picking.

Also, "map cleanliness" is not exactly our goal when balancing things...

Hypotemabus

Slicer
I think it's to make sure things stay dynamic and no single faction becomes dominant and hence stagnates/deminishes the number and quality of continent conquest battles and is done in the interest of balance.

One solution would be if we opened up the ability to attack T-gens on other continents for a bigger pool of targets but that comes with its own problems and conflicts with current systems and how conquest and territory works so it wouldn't really be workable.

Whilst I rather miss the chaos days when I would set fire to T-gens on every continent just to crack open access to neutral resources like the crazed imperalist I am:

"Aoogalleeewoogalleeewooo I've come to steal this Dark Oak from you <3" - Hypotemabus 2015 colorised.

The problem is this could end up spliting the server into three mega factions with the strongest of which making things not particularally fun for the other two who could go periods of time being completely rolled on every conquest battle. It becomes very hard to maintain balance and dynamic conquest. At least that's my take on it.

Last edited:

Blissterz

Pulling one fight from 2 years ago that was literally on the last day of the month and likely decided world cap, in no way indicates a trend. You picked one fight that happened yesterday, on Garama, on the first week of conquest and have decided these two fights make your entire case for the results of the cap.

This is, by the way, the literal definition of Cherry Picking.

Also, "map cleanliness" is not exactly our goal when balancing things...
https://eldritchbot.com/fight?id=bA5hIPqFg This is a fight that happened at the last week of a big month that happened on garama in last summer. You cannot deny the fact that numbers in conquest fights have been dropping just because I gave some bad examples.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder

Nekometa

Slicer
I dont see why you are arguing against it. Can you give me some reasons to why it should not be reverted?
they added it cus of the amount of towns being created wich caused lag+ for example HL vs RP in april 2022 RP had like 22 towns while HL had 15, maybe they should increase the cap to 13/14 towns because theres a much larger population and towns now, but removing it is a bad idea imo

Attachments

• 1709494023722.png
    1709494023722.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Back