Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Reset the Nether!

Zor95

Slicer
After talking to many people, the vast majority are for a new nether. In fact it is almost unanimous. Before ghasts were nerfed the nether got pretty wrecked, our supply of glowstone is dwindling, it is polluted with nether portals which makes it very difficult to connect to the right one, and our terrain is just plain bad. The nether spawn is on the side of a floating island over a lava lake and if it weren't for Spunk's cobble arena it would be incredibly difficult to travel across.

So yeah... new nether please? Also, Defgnww had the idea of making a nether hub. It would be a large area in which every town could create and customize a tunnel to their town portal. This would have to be well hidden so newbs could not find it and the hub area itself would need protection.

Thoughts?

adderman500

Slicer
Sounds brilliant, I myself never use the new nether, it's just horrible. The old nether was great, and fairly well hidden. We could even try making a nether rail system, which would be awesome. I like the idea of a hub, tho. Would make navigation easier. Major cities could even signpost their tunnels to encourage inter-city relationships and travel.

One thing - what about the double blaze spawner? We'll lose it if the nether resets...

Zor95

Slicer
I have plans for a bigger, better blaze grinder. 1.3 has a whole load of new redstone features so it should be quite good. And yeah it's lucky but I'm sure we'll find one.

Zor95

Slicer
I requested worldguard because players kept digging holes to bedrock and people would fall to their death. There were also a few who kept tearing down the portal. I'd say a 50x50 protection would be good as the matching surface cords are within spawn protection anyways.

Zor95

Slicer
Yeah I missed it too but I heard he was going to eliminate the nether with some sort of bomb but teh supa awesome Lokan team stopped him. Instead we had a mini big bang and got brand new swanky 1.3 nether.

Zor95

Slicer
We'll need everyone who wishes to help with the hub to gain nether permissions.

*looks at Asy*

Back