Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Return to the Wastelands, Part 2

Commander_12

Slicer
This story is about two years late but I figured why to continue it. Click here to read my backstory and part 1 of the story: https://www.lokamc.com/forums/index.php?threads/loka-origins-commander_12s-backstory.3241/

Part 1 of Return to Wastelands: https://www.lokamc.com/forums/index.php?threads/commander_12-return-to-the-wastelands-part-1.3470/

The rubble from the portal was gone. Commander with his wolf, Clint looked out across the hellish landscape. But this place looked different. There weren't pine trees lining the river shore along the mountains. No, instead it was a vast jungle, looking vibrant and alive. That was the one upside of no more human life existing. Nature could bounce back. But everything surrounding the jungle looked hellish, covered in this red rock. Commander bent down to touch it, it felt rough but like it could easily be broken.
On Commander's old world, there was only one place that had a jungle and it was where some of the deadliest fightings in the Civil War had occurred.
Agni Ignis.
Before the Civil War, it was an arena and a market place where the richest vendors would go. Inventions coming in from a faraway place called 'Murica would bring mysterious inventions such as " the bulbs", mysterious electrical spheres that could light up a room. Soon, the record player came, along with many other technological innovations. But that was a 100 years before Commander's time when the empire had been in it's prime.
Walking down along the red rock with ease, Commander soon came to the river. It was a big but calm river so he shouldn't have any issues crossing it. Clint might, however. Putting his stuff in a bag, Commander grabbed the biggest tree branch nearby he could find. Clint would be able to lie on top of the tree. He attached his bag and Clint hopped on top and it was a short, yet draining swim. Reaching the other side of the river, Commander noticed something about the jungle.

It was as dense as he thought. There had only been a thin lining of trees. Plains seem to stretch out behind the trees.
"Strange, how long have I been gone?" Commander_12 thought
Judging by the lack of foliage, it could have a couple of hundred years. Time in the Multiverse must be a strange thing though Commander. But his small mind would not be able to comprehend such a concept. Best not to think about it.
Hacking his way through the dense jungle foliage that remained, Commander found himself standing on some, wide-open plains. The plains were beautiful and Commander could wild sheep, horses, and cows roaming the wide, open plains. The plains were full of bright, green colorful grass and many different types of wildflowers ranging from purple ones to yellow and red ones.

Commander adjusted his eyes into the distance and was shocked by what he saw. Squinting his eyes again, he thought he saw a tower. Rubbing his eyes, Commander had to convince himself that what he was seeing was real. But it was a tower. A crudely made one, made out of cobblestone. It reminded Commander of a radio tower. But it had red and blue colors all over it. Commander swore that he could have seen "IKEA" written on it.
Was it possible that someone was still alive after all this time? A small pockets of descendants of survivors from the initial zombie siege? Commander's uncle had said that they were the last beacon of life against the undead, but he could have been wrong. This was a pretty isolated spot.

It wasn't that far of a walk, so Commander made his way to the tower, walking through the plains. Finally, at the foot of the tower, Commander saw what was laid out in front of him.

A small but nice house with a glass ceiling and what looked like some sort of swimming pool existed beside it. It was made of oak wood and cobblestone and looked like it had three floors. There were pens full of sheep, cows and one horse could be seen among them. It was wearing diamond armor. Commander also llamas in the same pen wearing strange blue tarps. And for an odd reason there was a cow in a boat, lying down taking in the sun. Wide fields of wheat, melons, and pumpkins spread out and grown partially over water. It was on a small lake and another strange-looking house could be seen off in the distance and a small village could be seen in the distance

So, someone had survived, thought Commander. And then Commander was hit in the back of the head. Commander immediately turned around and was shocked. A strange, tall blonde man wearing an orange tracksuit and a strange sweater with a fist on it was attacking him. Commander was obviously trespassing on this man's property and he was madly trying to attack him with a wooden hoe.

Commander dodged the man's next blow and the man said:

" Who the frick are you? Jesus jävla kristus!"
The wait was he speaking Swedish? What was happening?

" Who the hell are you?" Commander said in return.

Still trying to dodge the madman's blows, Commander tried to reach his sword. But the strange Swedish man said:

"No, no, no. You're not doing that. Du skrattar du förlorar!"

And then whack, Commander was hit over the side of the head by the hoe. He was out cold after that.

Clint barked but the strange Swedish man said:

" Ah man, finally a friend for Sven! He's been so lonely."

Daylight poured into the room. Commander groggily opened his eyes. His eyes adjusted to the room. Commander tried to move but he found himself restrained to a birch tree growing in the middle of the house. A small table, chests, crafting table and an anvil lined the wall. Small, nice paintings hung along the side. The floor like the tower was covered in blue and yellow colors. This strange man was obviously very proud of his Swedish heritage.

Turning his head, Commander's heart jumped. Standing right in front was the strange man, his wooden hoe still aimed at Commander's head.

The man then spoke:

" Who are you? Where did you come from and do you have supplies? Is there more of you? Talk. Now. Or it's the hoe again."
" My name is Andy. I was sent here on a quest from another world. No, I'm not an alien but I am coming from an alternate reality. I once lived in this reality a long time ago, but then the undead rose and killed everything that I love. I escaped to a world called Loka after the Battle of Crowmere. I thought I was the only one who left from this reality. But apparently not, since you're here. I have come here to stop being called the Maestro."

The man quietly put down his hoe. He then spoke.

"What? But the Battle of Crowmere was over 300 years ago. The brave commander, Stephen defeated the undead that day. Unless you're... no, you can't be..."

" Who do you think I am?"

"You can't be... the rumors I heard of a.. a... tunnel to "another world in a different place and time"... Loka... so it is real... They said the Commander's nephew was the only one to escape alive and he disappeared North into the mountains, never to be heard from again."

" That's me."

"What? This is awesome! I'm standing here next to a legend! Commander Stephen's nephew."

" What is your name, you very strange, strange... man?" Commander said. In the corner sat Clint with a wolf that looked exactly like him. He wore a blue-collar and the two surprisingly, seemed to get along.
" Oh, that's Sven. What's your guy's name?

"Clint. But who are you?"

Sitting down, the Swedish man started to talk:

" Well, my name is Felix... my friends used to call me Pewdiepie when we used to play video games together. I come from a faraway land called Sweden. My family was merchants who settled the land, 270 years after the Civil War and the undead plague was thought to be gone. We found these strange native people who didn't talk but mumbled but they were willing to sell goods with us. They kinda looked Squidward from that old cartoon I used to watch. So, we settled down. But then the undead came again."

" I was the only survivor, all the natives, my family and anyone else from Sweden who came was wiped out. I hid here in the old farm. I've made into my home over the years. You are the first person, at least non-native, I've seen in over ten years. I feel guilty about my parent's death."
" The undead only said one thing over and over, Maestro, Maestro, Maestro. When you said that name, I immediately knew what it meant Why did I hide and cower that day and not die with my parents? I think about it every day. I came into contact with native villages that survived the plague. They come by and trade with me sometimes and look after the animals when I'm gone."

" I'm sorry that happened to you, Felix. But I've come here to stop him. We could put an end to this. He threatens the whole of existence and the multiverse. Not just your world and mine. But everything that has existed exists and will exists could come to an end. Do you wish to join me on my quest?

" That's alot to take in. But, anything. Anything to avenge my parent's death. Let's do this."
Felix untied Commander from the tree. Clint and Sven stood up.
Looking at Felix, Commander said:
"Let's go get that son of a bitch."

ANNNNDDDD that's the end of Part 2! Please let me know what you think! I hope the Pewdiepie thing isn't forced but I really wanted to include it. Part Three is coming soon :)

Attachments

• Sub2pewdiepie12's_house.PNG.png
    Sub2pewdiepie12's_house.PNG.png
    114.5 KB · Views: 2
Back