Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Return to the Wastelands: Part V

Commander_12

Slicer
Link to the previous part:

More explosions kept going off in the city. The sun was starting to rise off in the distance. Andy and Fit stood standing at the edge of the city but they were arguing.

"Look, I agree we need to stop the Maestro, and I'm sorry your homeworld got destroyed. But I must stay here. My world needs someone to help organize it and bring back it to the way it was. Someone needs to stop PopBob. And I'm not some Messiah. I'm just some guy with lots of weapons." Fit said.

Andy, getting tired of arguing with Fit said:
"Look, man, your world is gone. There is no way you can bring it back. I mean, look around at us", motioning to the burning city.
" Mine is gone as well. But we can stop Maestro from spreading into other realities. We can save everything that has existed, exists and will exist. We can maybe even fix your reality somehow."
" What do you mean, somehow?"
" Well, this man I ran into kept talking about how you have some sort of key. He said he you are the key to defeating the Maestro."
"But I'm just a normal guy... there is one thing though."
" What is it?"
" Well, one night when I was in my base, an old man suddenly materialized out of thin air. He said to me, you are the key. He gave me a strange device, saying it could take me anywhere I wanted. He disappeared shortly after that. I tried to use it. but I've been able to get it to work."

" Where is this device?"
" Back in my base, in the middle of the city."
"Well, let's go it."
Both men looked onwards towards the city.
"Do you happen to have a spare Eltyra I can borrow by chance?"
Fit sighed and said:
" Yeah, I do, but it's kinda broken."
"Well anything will do."
Both men put on the Eltyras and took off in the night, flying towards the center of the broken city. Andy had no idea what was going to happen next.

Jed and Tee had been stuck in Skyblock for three nights now. They eventually figured out how to use a cobblestone generator, made some basic tools and crops and managed to connect to the sand island. Now, they were discussing how they were going to get out of there.
"Could we make a Nether portal?" Jed suggested.
"No, we don't have enough lava. I don't know how we're going to get out of this."
Jed and Tee, wife and husband had been through every challenge together. But this was by far the most challenging and most dangerous one they had ever faced. They might be stuck here for eternity.
Tee landing against the back of the tree, sighed. If this is how he was going to send the rest of eternity with his wife, stuck in on a tiny island in the middle of an endless void, he might as well make the best of it.
"I'm going to go farm some more cobble," Jed said, " We can maybe build some sort of mob farm." Jed started to pick away at the Cobblestone generator when she saw something out of the corner of her eye. Peering into the horizon, she could see a figure, placing blocks down in a straight line . He was slowly getting closer and closer.
"Tee, someone is building our way. Get your sword out just in case they aren't friendly."
Tee, reaching into his pack, pulled out his lore-enshrined sword. It had slain many and saved him many times on the battlefield. Hopefully, it wouldn't fail him here now. As the figure got closer and closer with his makeshift cobblestone bridge, Jed could see what he looked like. He was wearing what looked like red sunglasses and wore a black tuxedo, black pants and with a nice white dress shirt. He was covered in dirt and he only carried a stone sword. He was no serious threat to them then, if he was only armed with a stone sword.
Jed yelled to him:
" Who are you? And what direction are you coming from?"
The well-dressed man looked up and was startled to see the two of them and their island. He stopped building his cobblestone bridge and took off his sunglasses and tucked them into his shirt. And then he spoke:
" My name is CaptainSparklez aka Jordan. How the hell are you two out here?"
The two men managed to fly across the city without being spotted. Avoiding the gunfire and the Withers, the two arrive safely at Fit's base. Fit's base was in an old library, still built out of bricks. It had roman like pillars and two lion statues on the front of it that were partially destroyed. It stuck out a bit among the futuristic, white buildings. Flying in through a broken window, the two men landed quietly, only causing a few loose pieces of paper to blow around. Besides, the gunfire heard from outside and the launching of the Wither's attack, it was quiet within the library. Walking through the empty bookshelves, they came to an empty wall. Fit, pulling out a remote out of a book on an empty bookshelf nearby, punched in a bunch of numbers.

The door silently slid open and the two men walked in. A hallway started to light up and Andy could an elevator down at the end. The door closed silently behind and the two men quickly made their way to the end of the white hallway. Stepping into the elevator, Fit pressed the button to go down.

Andy was in awe at what he saw when they reached the hangar below. For a few hundred meters, Andy could lockers, row upon row, filled with weapons. There was also helicopters, cars, and tanks, all from the late 20th century and early 21st century.

"My father was a high ranking member of the Federation before the Maestro showed up. He had this place built in case an end of the world scenario occurred. He found this old tech to be more reliable and trustworthy since it wasn't set up to the Federation's databases and couldn't be hacked. He was killed by the Withers however when they were first created."

" I'm sorry you lost your father. I lost everything too."
Fit smiled, but a look of sadness came across his face:
" Thanks, Andy, it's nice to know I'm not the only one who lost something important."

The elevator came to a stop and the two men stepped out.

"Now, where's the device?" Andy asked.
"Right here," Fit said, punching a code into a nearby locker. He reached in and pulled a small thing out of a green duffel thing. Tossing the device to Andy, Andy grabbed it in midair.
Looking at it, it reminded Andy of Iron Man's Arc Reactor. It looked exactly like it. Flipping it over, Andy could see that it had a fingerprint scanner at the back of it.
" How many times have you tried to turn it on?"
" I've lost count, along with the days of this war I've been fighting. I've disassembled it and reassembled millions of times but I still haven't learned anything new."
"Well, let me give it a try."
Andy, pressing his finger in the scanner, waited a minute. Nothing happened and a moment of silence fell within the hangar. And it shone blue and a hologram appeared of it. A familiar figure appeared on the screen. It was the old man Andy had saw when he stepped into the portal before he left Loka.
The man started to speak:
" Hello Andy and Fit. I see that my plan is working, the fact that you two have finally met each other."
"Andy, the reason why I'm so familiar to you... is because I am you. You from the future. A bright and prosperous future. But all of that is threatened by the Maestro. Everything that has existed, exists and will exists is threatened."
" It's against the rules here in the future to do time travel, but I felt it was needed. Nobody else believes that Maestro is a serious threat. We had defeated him before. But having known the damage he can do to other worlds, I feel as if I have a duty to prevent the same fate, falling upon other worlds again, Andy."

" Andy, the reason why I sent to you to Fit is because of this. I believe that we find the bravest, smartest and most cunning warriors, scientists and anyone else I deem worthy from across the Multiverse, we can stop the Maestro. By sending you and your friends across the Multiverse, I believe we can assemble an army strong enough to take on the Maestro, Andy. By choosing the best and bravest people from these worlds, we at least have a fighting chance."

" The device that you hold in your hands right is capable of taking across the Multiverse to the place you need to be and the time you need to be there at. "
The figure seemed to turn to Fit:
"Fit, I chose you because you are the leader of the resistance on your homeworld. You have the leadership, weaponry, battle tactics, and bravery to be able to take on the Maestro. You are just one vital cog in the machine to stop the Maestro."

"Andy, I have sent your friend Felix to another reality to fetch another key player in the upcoming war against the Maestro. He is on a world they have a fight to the death game called the Hunger Games. It's another sick invention of the Maestro. I have managed to put a temporary protection cloak on him, but it will stop once the games start. You must go immediately to help him."

" Andy, I have also sent your friends Jee and Tee from Loka to a reality known as Skyblock. It's a place where only tiny islands exist in a vast empty void and it's the most dangerous challenge Jed and Tee will ever have to face. But there is a man who resides named CaptainSparkelz who is another vital player in the game. They are safe for now."

"Andy and Fit, you must go immediately to Felix. There is a man on that world I have seen I believe could another vital player in the war against the Maestro. Jed and Tee will join you shortly, but they must do the Trial of Notch to fetch something of importance in the upcoming battle. Andy, the final battle for the Multiverse will fought on Loka, but I don't know how. Enemies, friends and everyone else on Loka will have to come together to defeat him. I won't know how this battle will happen until all the key players are assembled."

" Andy, I wish you the best in your quest and I will provide you with more info as soon I get more intel about it. Goodbye for now."
And just like that, the device fell silent.

Andy and Fit looked at each other for a moment.

" So, it was you that gave me the device." Fit said.
"Well, not yet. How does this not create a paradox?"
" It's best not to think about it."
"Well, you up for an adventure like never before? One that will bend the fabrics of our known reality?"
"Hell yeah, let's do it."
Gathering some supplies and weapons, Andy and Fit put both of their hands on the device. Fit pulled out a speaker and started to play some music. ( play this while listening to this part, I feel like it captures the mood perfectly:
)
"Let's do this." He said.
Andy pressed the button and in a flash of blue light, both men were gone.
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed Part V. Part 6 will be mainly focused on Jed and Tee and what they have to do. Constructive criticism is appreciated. Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• Palpatine-hologram-700x300.jpg
    Palpatine-hologram-700x300.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back