Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion Rewards in Fishing Tournament

Greeneryy

Muted
Simple enough, buff runner-up rewards in frodii’s fishing tournament, the jump between top 1 A mending book which can be sold for 5-6k and 24 lame diamonds to the top 2 getting 16 mere diamonds is too big of a gap and it doesn’t encourage people to keep participating after someone’s already got a very likely win cause the 2nd place reward is ridiculously far from the first place one

mindblaster007

I would disagree with this, personally, I’d argue the rewards are too OP. Fishing is a relatively simply thing to do for a mending book, compared to a month of voting. It’s also worth mentioning that the winners are usually catch winning fish near the start of the tournament. Furthermore, most people give up the second someone catches a fish over 120lbs.

Alternatively, I would recommend the ability to win more than one place if you do catch the second, or third place fish. It would also be nice to see more reward categories like a reward for the first catch, or a reward for the lightest fish. These types of things would encourage more people to stay for the entire tournament rather than just the start.

Greeneryy

Muted
I’d argue the rewards are too OP.
my argument is that, the runner up rewards are not nearly as good as the top 1, yes I agree a mending book is quite the reward for just fishing, Top 2 and 3 aren’t tho, for an hour of time in the tournament to get just 16 diamonds I rather go to RI for an hour and get 2-3 stacks of ores, I agree with everything else you said, more categories like fastest fish catch or lightest, maybe most amount of fish caught… stuff like that 100%

mindblaster007

my argument is that, the runner up rewards are not nearly as good as the top 1, yes I agree a mending book is quite the reward for just fishing, Top 2 and 3 aren’t tho, for an hour of time in the tournament to get just 16 diamonds I rather go to RI for an hour and get 2-3 stacks of ores, I agree with everything else you said, more categories like fastest fish catch or lightest, maybe most amount of fish caught… stuff like that 100%
Yeah, but the RIs have the appeal of high risk, high reward; whereas, fishing is a guaranteed reward for a small portion of time.

I also think it’s worth mentioning that the plugin in general could use some refreshing, you know, with the seas update coming and all.

Greeneryy

Muted
Yeah, but the RIs have the appeal of high risk, high reward; whereas, fishing is a guaranteed reward for a small portion of time.
well I’d say fishing tournaments also have an appeal of high risk high reward, to me losing a full hour iss a lot, time is money

koi0001

Guardian
to me losing a full hour iss a lot, time is money
The value of time is subjective.

You shouldn't be able to drop loot at a fishing tourney so the risk is really nothing. You may risk leaving with absolutely nothing but that's it.

I do agree that the fact that the winning prize being so good compared to 2nd and 3rd is weird though.

Back