Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Season 4 - Fire

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Our next fiery season has begun! Those of you who played VotA last night got a sneak peek at some of the upcoming changes to the battleground. For everybody else, here's a quick breakdown of what to expect in Season 4:

• VotA now features a new player scoring system. Instead of a simply 3 points-per-cap, 1-per-kill scoring system, VotA now has a more robust system that awards players for doing a variety of things (think Battlefield) including, but not limited to:
    • Kills
    • Assists (helping with a kill)
    • Caps
    • Neutralizing points
    • Defending points
    • Kill streaks
    • Heals
    • Disruptions (hitting more people with quake, for example)
    • Destroys (name change probably, getting a killing blow with lunge, for example)
  • Maelstrom - CTF Battleground. Not much to say about this, because it may not begin production until after the Rumble in the Valley Tournament.
  • Prowess changes:
    • You can now only earn up to 600 prowess a week.
    • You can only have at most 1200 prowess period.
    • Note: I will not be wiping prowess for those with over 1200 prowess. You simply won't earn any more until you spend what you have to get you below 1200.
  • More Prowess Items to buy
    • What will they be? No idea yet! Probably a fun, unique item ala a holiday item, among other things.
  • Prowess will be wiped when Season 4 officially begins Monday the 17th.
Season 3 Rewards

Congratulations to the top players for Season 3:

1v1 Arena

• #1 Ice Gladiator: FatPoulet
  • #2 Gladiator: pi314159
  • #3 Gladiator: CrazyNinjaCow23
  • #4 Duelist: Leasaur
  • #5 Duelist: 13lackpearl
  • #6 Duelist: F1V3_P3NGU1N5
  • #7 Rival: Kobeyador
  • #8 Rival: Cryptite
  • #9 Rival: X_Cavator
Valley of the Artifacts
  • Battlemaster: 13lackpearl
Those that earn titles do get to keep them, and soon-ish I will allow players to select showing titles that they have earned, if they've earned more than one.

Congratulations to Season 3 winners and welcome to Season 4!

Last edited:

Ronshaud

Slicer
Congrats to all the top players of Season 3!

My idea of more prowess items is Golden Apples and God Apples. Along with the holiday items, hose could also be cool.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Season 4, btw, will officially start next Monday. The following days and weekend will primarily be used to ensure stability with new systems, point stuff, etc.
Also, very important:

All earned Prowess will be wiped Monday November 17th.
You have until then spend what you have.

At that point, all stats will be wiped again, Fire Gladiator gear will become available for purchase, and Season 4 will be live!

13lackpearl

Slicer
Well I guess it's time to mass buy items from the prowess shop before monday. Got over 10k prowess I've saved up and I prefer those not go into waste.

Leasaur

Slicer
Fire Gladiator gear will become available for purchase,

Can you alter how these are named slightly when you implement them? I believe it's the section sign in Ice Gladiator Armour that makes it impossible to repair in an anvil, and it would be good if it could be fixed on Mondy :)

Ronshaud

Slicer
And can you please make it so its repairable, rename-able, and so u can add book enchants to all the gear, tools, & weapons? Also can you make it so when you buy levels, the current levels you have now wouldn't be erased and replaced with what levels you wanted? Just add it on the the levels you have already

MasterAegon

Slicer
I've said it before, I'm pretty sure he's satisfied with the enchanting aspect of gladiator gear. It prevents you from farming gear. Not to mention it can already be repaired you just have to do it a particular way.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
when you buy levels, the current levels you have now wouldn't be erased and replaced with what levels you wanted? Just add it on the the levels you have already

I'm pretty sure the cost of the levels is based off how getting you from your current level to the requested level. It should cost less to go from 9 to 10 than from 0 to 10, for example.

Leasaur

Slicer
I've said it before, I'm pretty sure he's satisfied with the enchanting aspect of gladiator gear. It prevents you from farming gear. Not to mention it can already be repaired you just have to do it a particular way.
Never heard that before, but thanks for clearing it up.

MasterAegon

Slicer
Yeah, it's mainly just buggy because the name is so long and formatted. Generally it works best if it is in either the right or left slot. I can't remember which. Also it normally costs more than most because it is a custom name which increases the xp needed to repair. I remember talking about it with you Crypt. Kinda discussed weighing whether or not it was worth the fix because currently it's a challenge to repair effectively which mitigates farming the year with prowess for enchanted pvp setups.

Back