Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Fixed Shrine mobs, (probably) the reason double drops seems as broken as it does

kiadmowi

Slicer
Don't know if this has been brought up as a bug at all in the past but everyone that has or has had double drops while grinding will know that it just hits different, probably moreso because of how bad grinding without it is than how good it is with.

The main reason for this is because shrine mobs seem to be hardcapped to only drop 1 of their respective drops regardless of looting level, which feels more like a participation award than anything to provide an alliance with.
However, it seems that for some reason triggering double drops on a shrine mob gets rid of that cap, meaning it will already drop up to 4 times as many items as normal shrine mobs, and then doubles that as well.

So while double drops should just be 1.5x as efficient as normal grinding, it really feels more like 3x.

Note that this is in no way an attempt to get double drops nerfed, but instead to fix shrine mobs ignoring the looting enchantment completely.

Last edited:

TheFreshLemon

Slicer
What? I get 16 rods per shrine w/o double drops and with half a stack (32 if you didn't know).
How is it 3x or even 4x??

Still not 1.5x drops I'm just saying isn't it 2x and not 3 or 4?.

kiadmowi

Slicer
What? I get 16 rods per shrine w/o double drops and with half a stack (32 if you didn't know).

that just sounds like below average looting/double drop luck in that specific case then cuz i'm pretty sure i've gotten more than 40 rods per shrine at least once since starting to grind with double drops this month

point of this thread anyways is not to argue about double drops' efficiency but rather the fact normal grinding is bugged to be weaker than it needs to be

kiadmowi

Slicer

just calculated it and, on average, having double drops gives you 2.5 blaze rods per blaze.

hell, here should be all relevant calculations assuming looting 3:

blaze drop average without ddblaze drop average with ddrelative
bugged12.5 (=0.5*1 + 0.5*4)
(0.5*1 = 50% chance to get bugged shrine mob drop)
(0.5*4 = 50% chance to get double drops which applies looting, averages 4 drops per blaze (range: 0-8))
dd = 2.5x drops
not bugged/looting applies to shrine mobs regardless of dd2 (range: 0-4)3 (=0.5*2 + 0.5*4)
(refer to above)
dd = 1.5x drops (expected value)

also glistering melon as zombie pigmen drop pls

Last edited:

TheFreshLemon

Slicer
that just sounds like below average looting/double drop luck in that specific case then cuz i'm pretty sure i've gotten more than 40 rods per shrine at least once since starting to grind with double drops this month

point of this thread anyways is not to argue about double drops' efficiency but rather the fact normal grinding is bugged to be weaker than it needs to be
You sure the shrine wasn't bugged? There was a shrine spawning extra blaze for a bit as well, but I reported that. It would give you nearly a stack. I also know sometimes it bugs and spawns like another wave when one is left alive I think I don't really know how that works, but that would also give you extra. Shrines are overall bugged so yeah. good post man

jakeman5

Slicer
Don't know if this has been brought up as a bug at all in the past but everyone that has or has had double drops while grinding will know that it just hits different, probably moreso because of how bad grinding without it is than how good it is with.
BUFF GRINDING!!!

Back