Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Implemented Shrines

Sparky___

Slicer

While I understand it could be frustrating killing ghasts and having their drops fall to the bottom of a cliff, they are very easy to kill and die with 1 hit from an enchanted bow (making them arguably the easiest shrine to clear). You can wait until they are over a bit of land before killing them or use a fishing rod (like we used to back in the day) to pull the ghast closer to you. I can confirm that there are more than 2 Ghast Shrines, giving plenty of options for optimal ghast farming. If we brought all the shrines further inland they would end up grouped together, close to one another, which is something we don't want. As a result, there are no plans to move them at this moment in time, but we will keep an eye on them, specifically the one you mentioned nearest The Dreadfort.

TheFreshLemon

Slicer
Last edited:

Lurnn

Slicer
I think this should be one of those things that we are talking about with improvements to grinding

Do we want it to be harder and such? No, atleast I don't think it should be as why make it harder for your players to play the server as intended, that's lame.

FoxyBearGames

Guardian
I can understand why moving them would be a bit drastic, however I think we can all agree that simply "reeling them in with a fishing rod" or "waiting for them to come back" is really not that effective as the vast majority of the time when the ghasts begin to fly away they get pretty far out before the shrine forces them back in. I think a better possible solution would be to just have the shrines teleport the ghasts back to them at a closer radius, as opposed to the 100+ block current wandering radius that the ghasts have.

nerdcat

I can understand why moving them would be a bit drastic, however I think we can all agree that simply "reeling them in with a fishing rod" or "waiting for them to come back" is really not that effective as the vast majority of the time when the ghasts begin to fly away they get pretty far out before the shrine forces them back in. I think a better possible solution would be to just have the shrines teleport the ghasts back to them at a closer radius, as opposed to the 100+ block current wandering radius that the ghasts have.
we arent asking for the shrine to be moved at all, just having the items go straight into your inventory.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
Shrine mobs no longer immediately drop their loot when killed. Rather, every 25% of the Shrine health, a loot bundle will spawn in the area with the collected drops of all the mobs killed.
This has now been implemented.

Back