Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Rejected ShulkerBox Tooltip Mod Suggestion

FoxyBearGames

Guardian
Name: ShulkerBox Tooltip
Link: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/shulkerboxtooltip
Description: The mod allows you to see the contents of a shulker box by pressing shift in the inventory menu without actually placing it on the ground.
Reason: This mod would be great to see what's in your shulkers beyond the actual item descriptions. It's very similar to the new bundles in 1.17 and would just be an overall improvement. It might be a bit on the edge in terms of advantage, but I would argue that the colors of shulker boxes give a very similar effect to this. This is moreso something that would be useful for building and pulling shulkers out of void storage.

Skuhoo

Administrator
Staff member
Elder
there is already a shulkerbox preview mod built into the minihud mod which is one of the allowed loka mods. you just have to search through the long list of settings in the mod

I think you're going to find the minihud mod removed from the allowed mods list soon, then. There's no way this would be allowed as it gives a pretty clear advantage in Conquest.

FoxyBearGames

Guardian
I think you're going to find the minihud mod removed from the allowed mods list soon, then. There's no way this would be allowed as it gives a pretty clear advantage in Conquest.
I would argue that coloring/naming shulker boxes can provide a similar effect to this mod/the feature within minihud, but I can also see this mod giving an advantage over the 5 or so item preview/color of your shulker box.

Samisol

Sentry
I have been using minihud and the shulker thing is very very cool but definitely not something I would expect to be able to use on loka. also minihud has health indicators so idk how it got allowed in the first place

Skuhoo

Administrator
Staff member
Elder
I have been using minihud and the shulker thing is very very cool but definitely not something I would expect to be able to use on loka. also minihud has health indicators so idk how it got allowed in the first place

Health indicators don't work on Loka. Player health is obfuscated.

Crucco

Slicer
I agree, it's a huge advantage especially when you're under pressure e.g. when kiting.

kiadmowi

Slicer
imo there's no advantage in it as you're not necessarily getting any more information out of it than you would with regular shulker tooltips IF you already know a shulker's contents, as you do in conquest fights. you can pretty reliably determine what's in your conquest shulker just based off the amount of items in it and memory.
the only real advantage i could see being argued is if you steal/pickup a shulker from someone else. you wouldn't be able to tell what pots are in it and where exactly they are by a vanilla tooltip, whereas you get that info on one glance with this mod.
personally i'd like to see it added since it's more of a visual improvement over any sort of advantage, but would understand if it was ruled against.

TheFreshLemon

Slicer
Vanilla legit tells you what's in the shulker and people color them and name them to what is in them. Not even a huge advantage. I like minihud with it's fps, time, ping, tps, etc feature. So if this shulker view thing is such a big idea can it at least be disabled so we can use the other features??

Skuhoo

Administrator
Staff member
Elder
Vanilla legit tells you what's in the shulker and people color them and name them to what is in them. Not even a huge advantage. I like minihud with it's fps, time, ping, tps, etc feature. So if this shulker view thing is such a big idea can it at least be disabled so we can use the other features??

Vanilla tells you the first 5 items in a shulker box, not the entirety of it. It's information you don't have access to in vanilla and goes against the policy of not allowing any mods that give any competitive advantage. There is also no way to disable this functionality server-side like we did with Badlion.

Back