Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

SigmaFlash's Alting Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatalDeath

Guardian
+1 I don't recall Steve5729/Orlanth getting screenshared to see if his sister's account was logged in to his launcher. The way I see it, it was because steve was part of the covenant alliance. On the other hand, Sigma has always been against covenant/iblis so not giving him the benefit of the doubt would just be seen as a bias ban on Skuhoo's part. It's also unfair to ban sigma for something that you can not be 100% sure of. Does his brother actually play minecraft? Well yes, he does. You can hear his little voice get angry after not being able to kill someone in sigma's background. The fact that you're enemied with Valyria will obviously prevent you from playing with the group and being present when the little kid is online. It's been said that Sparky heard the little child and very well knows about him, just as well as DeceitfulPear. This ban is actually just one that was not thought through on @Skuhoo 's part.

mindblaster007

-1 I’ve seen no proof of them being two different people. All these newbies on the forums are just saying stuff with no proof. If this was true you should have gone to Magpieman and Cryptite and discussed this all with them before pulling this stunt.

To begin with, the account SupaKrishBoi first joined in March when I accidentally logged on and I just decided to do the intro course because I wanted to see how it changed.
Here you even admitted to alting. Personally, I don’t think a week is enough time. You are still complaining and clearly haven’t realized what you did was wrong.

FroggyFruit1357

There are other instances of alting on the server and these are either ignored or just given a warning. If you play the server on more than one account, it's alting.
Here you even admitted to alting. Personally, I don’t think a week is enough time. You are still complaining and clearly haven’t realized what you did was wrong.
What about Kaph and the firestone parkour, steve and his sister?

I think this is another cov bias ban in my opinion. above are similar if not worse situations and way less harsh punishment if any punishment at all.

I think sigma should serve the same punishment as other situations prior. +1

SigmaFlash

Slicer
-1 I’ve seen no proof of them being two different people. All these newbies on the forums are just saying stuff with no proof. If this was true you should have gone to Magpieman and Cryptite and discussed this all with them before pulling this stunt.

I'm complaining because I did nothing wrong. I did go to Cryptite and Sparky before getting my brother on. They both said it was fine. Also these aren't "newbies" responding. This is people that have played the server for a long time responding.

ReformedPheonix

Slicer

you cant duel yourself or both run around spawn at the same time or both be talking in voice chat at the same time while your dueling how is there no proof of them being two different people. How u gonna call us all noobs saying stuff with no proof but you are the noobiest member on this thread

Sparky___

Slicer
+1 I don't recall Steve5729/Orlanth getting screenshared to see if his sister's account was logged in to his launcher. The way I see it, it was because steve was part of the covenant alliance.

Since it's been brought up, Steve was screenshared about 6 months ago for this exact thing.

It's been said that Sparky heard the little child and very well knows about him, just as well as DeceitfulPear.

Yeah not really speaking with much regard to the whole ban appeal, but (while yes I have heard him in the background on more than one occasion) hearing someone in the background isn't necessarily the most credible thing to go off of.

Last edited:

Obstinance

Muted
-1 you were on your brother's account on your computer whilst also being on Loka. Seems like alting to me. Besides your ban is only a week you can live.

Just because his brother is a person that exists and has used the account does not mean that Sigma did not use the account. He has access to to it and therefore can use it. It does not matter if his brother uses it most of the time. Sigma using it once is alting and there is no exact proof that he was not the person to use it in this exact case.
bro you used elsa5729 numerous times to keep Pavis alive this is so hypocritical, not to mention he's saying he didn't do it not trying to justify actually doing it

Skuhoo

Administrator
Staff member
Elder
There are a number of suspect angles to your story.

Despite minutes earlier telling me that SupaKrishBoi has his own computer during the SS you told myself and Gibbon that at the time in question SupaKrishBoi was playing from your computer, not his own. Considering we have server logs proving that the two accounts were logged in at the same time, the conclusion here is that you and your brother's account were logged onto Loka simultaneously from the same computer.

When I brought this up to you during the screenshare you claimed that SupaKrishBoi didn't want to turn on his computer "because it takes 2 minutes to start up". So instead he launched a new instance of Minecraft on your computer using his own account, logged onto Loka, went to spawn, and switched off controls back to you. Then you dropped him shulkers before switching off controls back to him and "left to get a drink of water". While you were gone your brother, at 7 years of age, went back to his town, operated Valyria's redstone-controlled storage chests for the first time, and emptied shulkers of enderpearls into void storage before picking the shulkers back up and returning them to you at spawn.

The total time spent on this game of apparent musical chairs from the moment SupaKrishBoi logged on to the moment he logged off was 2 minutes. To repeat, it took just 2 minutes for him empty multiple shulkers of pearls despite having to deal with switching controls between the two of you multiple times and operating redstone he's never seen before in a town he's spent a literal minute inside on a server he's spent a grand total of 5 minutes online.

SigmaFlash

Slicer
He is 7, he can do simple tasks like right-click an item frame till you hear a sound. He has played Minecraft on console and has played minigames server(which require fast reflexes). I even explained his low time on the server. He just doesn't enjoy it because he did not get to left-click people in the town and get kills. He only emptied like 1 shulker of enderpearls into the void storage. I mean its simple tasks even for a 7-year-old. Also the other computer takes a while to open up because it isn't a gaming desktop and does not have an SSD in it. I didn't think its a big deal to have him use my computer do a simple task.

Last edited:

Obstinance

Muted
He is 7, he can do simple tasks like right-click an item frame till you hear a sound. He has played Minecraft on console and has played minigames server(which require fast reflexes). I even explained his low time on the server. He just doesn't enjoy it because he did not get to left-click people in the town and get kills. He only emptied like 1 shulker of enderpearls into the void storage. I mean its simple tasks even for a 7-year-old. Also the other computer takes a while to open up because it isn't a gaming desktop and does not have an SSD in it. I didn't think its a big deal to have him do simple tasks.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
The facts just don't square up. Further, there're only 4 days left in the ban. Were this a very long-term ban I think a greater conversation about it could happen, but as the facts stand, it simply doesn't line up.

I want to be very clear that the reason for the ban was use of an alt account with emphasis on the word use. We are aware of the existence of Sigma's brother, just as we're aware of many other players' siblings. The fact that Sigma has a sibling and "has been heard before on VC", is irrelevant to the punishment here. Supa logging in later to do duels against Sigma doesn't suddenly change the fact that Sigma was using the Supa account and doesn't suddenly make it okay just because they played separately other times.

Further, there are a lot of complaints these days that "X player did Y before and was warned, not banned, etc". Thing is, we are human and thus we're allowed to make changes to how we evaluate rule violations. We have been a lot more strict of late because we feel that we have been giving out far too many warnings which clearly aren't working. People who know better or clearly don't heed warnings will be punished and this will never change.

About alting as a whole, we always want to try to find a way to implement a feature that allows us to remove or lighten-up on rules. We're in discussions at this very moment about how we want to handle Alting in a more automatic way, as clearly the desire to move continents for Conquest without losing your home-town is desired. But until such time as we come up with changes, the rule still exists.

Lastly, the issue of "Cov Bias" is clearly thrown around a lot, but what I continue to fail to understand is why we would want to be biased towards one side. It's a pretty objective truth that everybody agrees that Loka and Conquest are a lot more fun when there are big exciting wars going on. To have those wars requires people on two sides. There is quite simply no logical reason to go banning and punishing "the other side" as it would be pretty clear to everyone if we chose a side. Consider that marblesack and Mrpisquallie were both just tempbanned for 1w for attempting a dupe glitch. There was no discussion as to "whether or not to ban" with that situation, it was a near-automatic no-brainer.

Those who violate the rules we have will be punished, and we don't care what side you are on. If punishments appear to lean against a certain group of players, that is evidence of their inability or unwillingness to respect our rules. We want as many people on Loka playing and fighting against Cov as possible (it's literally better for everyone). Choosing to ban off players from another side is practically server-suicide, and I would hope people don't think we're out to destroy our own server as that would be a pretty significant mega-thonk from me, dawg.

-Crypt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back