Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Skitch the Wolf for Guardian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skitch the Wolf

Slicer
This IS an official Guardianship application

I've been waiting for the opportunity to apply for Guardianship, and if I'm going to do it, now should be the time. However, if you feel I am still not ready for this responsibility, please, I implore you to voice your opinions here. I've been a Sentry for at least a month and a half, to about two months. Since then, I have banned two griefers and an xrayer/hacker. I hope to achieve this rank, of course, but if our superiors do not believe I am ready or I am unworthy to be a Guardian, then I will gladly continue my services as a Sentry and reapply for Guardian in the future.

I mostly want to apply now because I feel as though we have a shortage of members within the Guardian rank who play actively. Right now, the only few Guardians that I've seen on the server and being recently active are Zor, Crypt, Adder, and Mopb, which, I'm not trying to downplay the importance or competency of any other admin. I am simply stating that the amount of admins on at any given time needs to increase. And so, I would like to put myself in a position where I am one of the prime candidates (one of them, not the only one) for the position of Guardian. Please review my information below and I thank you in advance for taking the time to sort through my application.

Current rank: Sentry

Which rank you are applying for: Guardian

What you think is expected of this rank: To be ever vigilant of griefers, xrayers, hackers, and anyone who wishes to do the server harm. To be helpful to those who need guidance and to be there whenever you are needed. And, as the name implies, to be a guardian of the server. To be a defender of the peace and to be an agent of justice.

Why you think you should become this rank: I want to be a defender of the server and it's people, bringing swift justice to those who wish to disrupt us. I want to see this server prosper and it's people happy. But most importantly, I want to serve the people and keep them safe. This server means too much to me to see it downgrade into pure chaos. I want to, to the best of my abilities, help better the server for ourselves and the rest of us who currently play and will play in the future.

When you started playing on the server: Last spring, 2012. I believe I came in at the very middle of the Third Era...?

Time zone in relation to GMT: EST, -5 hours

How often do you play (hours a day/week): When school is going on, usually 3 or 4 days a week (Not including weekends). Usually for about 4-6 hours per day.

Once again, I thank you for taking the time to read my application, and a possible additional thank you for posting your opinion here. This is something I've wanted to do for a long time and I wish to fulfill this rank to the best of my ability.

adderman500

Slicer
You have my support for sure, and you're right, in alchs absence we are a little short of admins. You show maturity and a clear head in everything I have seen you do, particularly on the forums where you are becoming increasingly active and voicing your opinions frequently. Just be careful when saying keeper of the peace, or defender of the people unless you are referring only to protecting from cheaters and griefers. You would no longer be able to interfere in town wars or whatever as a guardian.

Skitch the Wolf

Slicer
adderman500 said:
You have my support for sure, and you're right, in alchs absence we are a little short of admins. You show maturity and a clear head in everything I have seen you do, particularly on the forums where you are becoming increasingly active and voicing your opinions frequently. Just be careful when saying keeper of the peace, or defender of the people unless you are referring only to protecting from cheaters and griefers. You would no longer be able to interfere in town wars or whatever as a guardian.

Oh, no, I understand that. What I mean by "Keeper of the Peace" and "Defender of the People" is exactly that: By keeping people safe from griefers and hackers. Sorry for the mix-up.

I do understand that outside of my own town and outside of arenas, PvP is forbidden, as well as thieving.

Although I was never much of a killer or a thief in the first place.

Zor95

Slicer
My concern is that you almost seem eager to kick, ban, and just generally enforce the rules. This is not something we like to do, but someone on the server has to and we've been trusted with the powers to do so.

Agreed though, that about half our admin force is inactive. Perhaps it is because of how late in the school year it is? I'm curious to see what'll happen in a few months when school in America lets out.

thelineguy

Slicer
Zor95 said:
My concern is that you almost seem eager to kick, ban, and just generally enforce the rules. This is not something we like to do, but someone on the server has to and we've been trusted with the powers to do so.

Agreed though, that about half our admin force is inactive. Perhaps it is because of how late in the school year it is? I'm curious to see what'll happen in a few months when school in America lets out.

Good thing is that many of the troublemakers are stuck in study with the rest of us.

And yeah, I think you'd make a good admin, but there the 'shortage' you talk about doesn't create a large problem.

Artagan

Slicer
Absolutely, I support you 100% on this. I would actually feel better about the server knowing you were an admin, and that's something I can't say very often. Plus, we do need some more good admins around to fill the gap of inactivity at the moment.

Skitch the Wolf

Slicer
Zor95 said:

If you could, might you explain a bit further? I'd like to learn all I can, if I'm going to be a Guardian.

Zor95

Slicer
Skitch the Wolf said:
Zor95 said:

If you could, might you explain a bit further? I'd like to learn all I can, if I'm going to be a Guardian.

It sounds like you want to seek out players to ban. It is good to be aware which is why we have plugins such as HE, but when you actually begin to look for flaws in players then you either get very careless or very corrupt. I am not saying you have done this, but it sounds like you might.

Skitch the Wolf

Slicer
Zor95 said:
It sounds like you want to seek out players to ban. It is good to be aware which is why we have plugins such as HE, but when you actually begin to look for flaws in players then you either get very careless or very corrupt. I am not saying you have done this, but it sounds like you might.

Ahhh, Okay. I never intended for it to seem like that, so I'll keep that in mind.

I appreciate the constructive feedback.

mopb3

Slicer
Skitch the Wolf said:
Zor95 said:

Ahhh, Okay. I never intended for it to seem like that, so I'll keep that in mind.

I appreciate the constructive feedback.
Ah just ignore him skitch, he's speaking nonsense.

Full support from me!

Gallius

Slicer
I approve of this - on the condition that an actual guardian takes Skitch under his wing and becomes a mentor in our ways. I suggest Zor95 for this as he is currently one our most apt and astute members. Zor - would this ease your own uncertainty if you yourself taught him?

Skitch the Wolf

Slicer
mopb3 said:
Ah just ignore him skitch, he's speaking nonsense.

Full support from me!

I appreciate the support, but I value any advice or words of wisdom that can be provided from anyone. Even if I'm not promoted, I still want to learn. I feel like Zor has a very genuine concern here, and I'd like to do what I can to put those kinds of concerns at ease.

Zor95

Slicer
Gallazius said:
I approve of this - on the condition that an actual guardian takes Skitch under his wing and becomes a mentor in our ways. I suggest Zor95 for this as he is currently one our most apt and astute members. Zor - would this ease your own uncertainty if you yourself taught him?

Well I think half the admins I've taught are no longer admins. :p

Skitch the Wolf

Slicer
Personally, I'd be honored if Zor mentored me. But we'll have to wait and see if I even become a Guardian in the first place.

Mtndome

Slicer
I support Skitch in this Endeavor. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders and want the responsibility. He is also active and helpful to the general populace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back