Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion Starter Suggestions

Grubul

Slicer
Loka is love. Loka is life.
This thread is not about Argus2stronk.

I wanted to share a few of my ideas about the gap the starters have.

• The Hub
  • The Tutorial
  • The Gap of "What now?"
  • Questing
  • The Focus of Loka
The Hub
So Far, when anyone joins, they see the empty hub. Maybe we need to merge Hubs public chat and Lokas public chat, cause loka is the main focus? And the player list too. So in Lobby we could see Lokans on Loka and chat with them? Same could go even with PVP players being able to be seen in player list from everywhere, with just simply colored usernames.

Maybe even tweak the hub even more a little bit. Only Three houses. Pvp- With battlegrounds, and all Pot PVp and pvp.Then the other Minigames house. And Then The Loka House.
Infront of each house there would be a art of the inside refflected.

Like For pvp, we would have a sword in front of it. For Loka, it would be a pickaxe and for Minigames, it would be a firework.

The Tutorial

Then, when people do go to Loka, Thet go to a more interesting tutorial? something that would throw them right in the action. Show what loka is all about straight away? it should not be too long. 3-8 minutes, to become Wanderers with slicer achivment, and go thru a knife.

Id say, The tutorial should represent what Lokas main goal and Vision is. Currently, its all about territory fights. Maybe, if we Give them a wall of the main things that are asked on the server at our current tutorial, they are told to read carefully, then they go on and do the interesting stuff - and afterwards, they have to answer questions in chat with pressing buttons of multiple choices. like we can press what territory Building we want to build.

Lets say, Every tutorial person gets his own tutorial plot, so no two people are doing the same thing. Or atleast fighthing the same golems.

New players could fight a super weak iron golem, defending or attacking a tutorial tgen or something else, and overpowering a lamp once and boom. They must escape the collapsing realm thru the knife. To get to it, they must do something more. Super weak zombie attack escaping trough a maze or something, that would make it more interesting?

The Gap of "What now?"
And when they use the knife. Okay. They are at the Verdant Village. Now the Gap comes. Verdant village is more or less of a another tutorial, representing only the custom items of loka.

My suggestion is that every new player should automaticlly become a citizen of the starter town. Yes, some players might own the same house, but if the chests in the houses would become player specific, that wouldnt be a problem. And existing players could not get into the town again. (Automatic system would fix the MasterT and Crypt not being online 24/7.)

From then on players could choose, either stay at the town for 3-7 days and be kicked out of it, or bring it emeralds, and get a levelup of Township, to get in bigger houses... That would make the starter town quite populated.

Questing
Everyone new would be promoted to then do /quests or /quest, (every player could do that too)
And they would be given two options for now.
  • The Unique in Loka and how it Works
  • Custom items
The Unique in Loka and how it Works
This quest would quickly place markers on the ground only for that player to follow, and it would lead them to spawns Town Generator house and maybe its basement, to explain how the server Works. Whats the unique in it. The goals of it and the rest.

Custom Items
This would simply be verdant village. (and maybe keep it uncompletable just like the Westfort? would be fun if ghosts still would spawn in it.

The Focus of Loka
The focus of loka could stay territory fights. But what then? What after you have estabilished an Alliance and won all the fights and are Argus2stronk for months and months? There could be even more additional focus of loka. Quests possibly, that would be avavivable to everyone and would continue the roleplay and lore of the server.

As of to say, Multiple goals. and Easier to dethrone capital. so more fights happening ALL the time.

Maybe capital decided by the leading town Every day? not once a month? a destroyed Alliance in the first week would still be capital for a whole 3 more weeks..

Last edited:

Snoopgiraffe

I really like your suggestions. Especially about the Hub and Tutorials.

I'm not sure if it's possible, but in the Playerlist, is it possible to show what world the people are in? e.g Loka, Minigames. It makes it seem like there are a lot of people on instead of just splitting up the playerlist between the worlds like currently.

I remember the tutorial was really cool looking but only talked about rules. Your suggestion about giving a taste of the Loka experience in the tutorial sounds really nice.

My suggestions:
  1. More alcoves: Have more alcove plots available for towns to advertise themselves and also for wanderers and nomads to have a better choice. A lot of the current alcoves showcase towns that require people to go on hard tasks and some don't even offer a place for new people.
  2. Remind people to check alcoves: As their time in the starter town ends, or maybe even a sign in their houses, a reminder can popup to come by spawn and check the alcoves so that once they leave Midgard, they have a chance to join a town if they please instead of living as a nomad and not really experience towns or going through the pretty hard task of creating their own new town.
  3. Better Directions to different places accessible from Spawn and maybe even a reorganisation?: I'm not sure for you more experienced people, but the Spawn area seems a little cluttered. It took me a while to get used to where different places such as the markets and library were. Maybe even make the market stand out more since it's quite an important place.
    It's even harder to know where the different spawn roads lead to and how to get to different places. When I wanted to visit Verdant from Spawn the first time, I had no idea how to get there. Someone said "follow the road" theres so many roads which one "Verdant is East" okay thats a little more helpful but I felt it was still an unnecessary step to pull out my coordinates and look for if I was facing East or not. Maybe a sign at the intersections could help? Even for the new roads that Bul and I worked on, I think signs that say "To Westfort" or "To The Ruin" might be a small, but very helpful addition.

Just my 2 cents :p

Grubul

Slicer
Alcoves - Currently pointless, no new players

But , we should just put a daily tax on the alcoves. To own one one must pay lots of some kind of Money. That way people would stop wasting them or being inactive.

More of the" You must be active for stuff to happen" stuff, could bring more players being active more of the time.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
merge Hubs public chat and Lokas public chat
We're actually not doing this on purpose. The original dream was that our Hub would be filled with lots of players that were on Loka just for our PvP minigames. We all know how generic minigame server players are. The idea was to intentionally keep them separate because we were basically gonna let the trolly randoms be in their own chat that didn't clog up actual Loka.

We could merge the chats for now and then if some playercount is reached in the hub (10 or more, for example), the public chat stops being shared. Right now though, yeah, hub is certainly an empty boring place for most people.

a more interesting tutorial? something that would throw them right in the action

This is a good idea too. Once we agree on the vision of Loka, I wouldn't be opposed to a more enticing intro that teaches people what they might see on Loka, rather than just a rules thing.

every new player should automaticlly become a citizen of the starter town

This is the intent, but we just hadn't implemented it yet. The Starter town is a work in progress and isn't quite ready to be automated yet. But yeah, this was the plan from the beginning.

Yes, we're going to try to add Quests.

Wolfegger

Slicer
Optional tours might be useful to some new players. Yesterday, I found out that recipes can be found at Westfort.

Back