Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Stop inflation on Loka

36s

Slicer
Inflation is just painful to watch and it causes players to slowly and painfully see their hard work be devalued. It promotes buying large amounts of items and then just w a i t i n g instead of actually playing since why would you grind now when you can grind in a month when everything makes 10% more shards? I think its becoming a huge problem and something has to be done to address it.

Maybe add an npc sell limit per day like 10 or 25 thousand? RI mining is a really big problem since its been increasing the prices of almost every single important item by a drastic amount

Or maybe just add shard transactions to more aspects of the game, maybe make Ris cost like idk 2500 shards per RI to open (so Garami would cost 17.5k shards to open) which doesn't sound like much but if many aspects of the game have small shard costs, just a couple thousand or even a couple hundred, inflation can be helped by a great amount.

Suggestions:
Add shard cost to enchanting and anvil combining, maybe 10 shards per enchanting level spent
Maybe make rain span across entire foraging island and give more perks to promote rain buying (maybe increase price to 7.5k too). Perhaps, when rain is active, all trees on the park will regrow 25 or 50% faster which will also make foraging less painful
RI costs like I said previously
Increase crystal hollows price to 25k or 50k
Reduce coins given by certain mobs and maybe nerf scavenger (for example ghosts gib soo many Shards when you kill them and even though I enjoy ghost farming I don't think the huge amount of coins gained from just kills is necessary)
Change personal harp price to 1 mil and add more songs to promote buying it
Make bit shop items cost shards too (maybe just equal to bits price)
Maybe change talisman of shards and emerald ring but those have very little impact
Maybe add a higher auction tax and then make a account / profile upgrade to reduce it back to original
Add dragon tracer to the end shop and maybe make it like 10k shards so level 5 costs 160k since its only used in the end now
Maybe make some more enchantments exclusive to npcs only for a couple thousand shards (can be further expanded upon to add new quests that are actually useful in the game)

There are probably many more things that can be added that will not impede the normal gameplay of players but can help to reduce inflation

All of these are just suggestions, they can probably be further tweaked to make players less angry please don't kill me i don't want to die ;-;

Its just really demoralizing to see such high prices for both new and more veteran players and the constant raising of the prices of items makes it hard to set goals since when you finally reach the amount of money required to get something its already increased by 20 or 30%

Attachments

• 1638242724618.png
    1638242724618.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 36

ArcherSquid

Muted
+ The real way to stop any sort of inflation on the server is to decrease the exchange rate but then new players are screwed

- Most of the shards in circulation are from back when RIs weren't balanced
- Current RIs are better balanced
- Your first point makes 0 sense, inflation incentivizes players to spend their money faster since today's percieved shard value would be greater than tomorrow's
- Shards will never be useless since the price of ancient ingots and town tax is fixed (not applicable to inflation)
- Shards are directly linked to a fixed exchange rate of ores and therefore cannot be inflated
- New players should have a chance to compete with the whales and scammers (sigmaflash)
- A large amount of money in circulation does not necessarily mean inflation

36s

Slicer
+ The real way to stop any sort of inflation on the server is to decrease the exchange rate but then new players are screwed

- Your first point makes 0 sense, inflation incentivizes players to spend their money faster since today's percieved shard value would be greater than tomorrow's
- Shards will never be useless since the price of ancient ingots and town tax is fixed (not applicable to inflation)
- Shards are directly linked to a fixed exchange rate of ores and therefore cannot be inflated
- New players should have a chance to compete with the whales and scammers (sigmaflash)
  • Firstly, if the inflation rate increases, the Central Bank is likely to consider raising interest rates. Higher interest rates will increase the cost of borrowing and lead to lower investment. Also with higher inflation and higher interest rates, many firms will face higher costs of production (e.g. debt repayments), leading to lower profitability. All this will lead to lower than expected economic growth and therefore lower share dividends – reducing demand for shares.
  • Secondly, periods of high inflation (especially if unexpected) will cause greater uncertainty, and discourage firms from making risky investment decisions. This uncertainty can lead to lower economic growth and lower profitability for firms, making shares relatively less attractive. In periods of uncertainty, investors may pull out of shares and put a higher percentage of their portfolio in ‘safer’ options, such as index-linked government bonds or physical assets that hold their value, such as real estate and gold. A good example is the high inflation of the 1970s, led to poor returns on shares. During the high inflation period of 1969 to 1982, the real (adjusted for inflation) return on shares fell 11.6%, according to DataTrek Research (MW).
  • Bonds vs shares. Many investors are looking for the best yield on their investments. If interest rates rise, bonds become more attractive compared to shares. In the period 2009-20, interest rates were at a record low (close to 0%). Therefore, investors were reluctant to buy government bonds and save money in bank accounts because the interest rate and therefore return was close to zero. This period of zero interest rates made shares much more attractive because at least with shares there is the possibility of getting good dividends that offer more than 0%. If interest rates rise sharply over the next few years, then investors will be encouraged to switch back from shares to bonds because bonds will now give higher returns.
  • Evaluation​

Growth shares. Companies that are in the growth phase – those expected to make higher profits in the future will be more negatively affected by inflation. This is because any forecast future profit will be diluted by the effect of inflation in reducing the value of money. If there is high inflation, it is better to get income now, rather than in the future. If inflation is 2%, future profits in 10 years’ time will have a low discount rate. But, with inflation of 10%+, future profit will have a greater discount rate. Examples of growth shares include Amazon (2000-2015) – making low profit but gaining market share.

High yielding shares. On the other hand, shares which focus on being low growth and high yield (e.g. electricity utilities) can also be vulnerable to higher interest rates because if interest rates increase, investors may move out of this kind of shares into government bonds and saving accounts which now offer comparable better returns.

Depends on the type of inflation. If there is a gradual rise in inflation because of strong economic growth (demand-pull inflation) then firms are likely to be making more profit and the negative impact of inflation may be outweighed by the higher growth and confidence. However, if inflation is of the cost-push type it is likely to more costly causing a degree of stagflation.

Hyperinflation. In the period of hyperinflation in 1920s Germany, the stock market was actually quite a good investment. Investors who were able to buy shares in companies with physical assets were able to maintain their real value of investment, whilst those who held money in the bank saw the value of their savings wiped out by inflation. The reason is that in hyperinflation, companies selling physical goods like food, steel and coal were able to maintain some profitability as they could increase prices at the same rate as inflation. Although it was a very difficult time for business, some were able to cope with inflation and so share prices kept rising in line with inflation.

jibblypop

Guardian
new playr make me angy when go ged shrd becuz mor than i get wen i grnd shord mage mor mony den me wen i grind'd fix id now or ELS!!!!!!!!!!! how about that ocean content btw LMAOOOO you guys know that loot crate building has sat at spawn for like 4 years unused. LMAO SKUHOO IS SO LAZY JUST MAKE THEM ALREADY.

Reactions: 36s

FoxyBearGames

Guardian
I think the only way to fix this is simply by adding more ways for people to spend money, and custom items that have actual rarity to them that require skill to gather.

Reactions: 36s

SigmaFlash

Slicer

nice colors man. is it christmas?

Back