Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion Storage Industry

MrAlchemy

Slicer
Simple and sweet. An Industry building that has a good amount of chests in it. Those chests have -TONS- of storage more than a double chest. This would allow towns to consolidate a majority of their resources (ie dirt) into a very few (if not one) chest per resource, making for a sexy and effective place to store building materials!

LOKA.png
<3 Do it Loka

Wolfegger

Slicer
It could cut down on lag in some cases by reducing the number of hoppers people use for self-sorting systems.

Artagan

Slicer
I'm sure if this was made reality, Crypt would make it so that if your town lost a siege, you'd lose everything in this storage industry.

In fact, he might make it so the only place you can store anything is in the storage industry, so raiders can get their mitts on every piece of dirt you have tucked away. Wouldn't be fair otherwise!

So I must say no, otherwise we shall all begin our descent upon Crytote's slippery slope.

Toiongo

Slicer
I really don't see a problem in designing a storage building for all your chests. Making it an industry takes away creativity by making management of resources too simple.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
I feel like most people rather enjoy making elaborate vaults and whatnot. I agree with Toi in that distilling this down to a simple building warp-in takes the fun out if it. We've considered Vault-like Industries in the past but this frequently came up as a potential issue.

Back