Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

(Suggested) Pet Class for Talents

Should This be allowed as a New Talent class tree?

• Yes, I think it should be allowed as an addition to the Support Class Talent Tree.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dwemer_Sphere

Slicer
Pet Class lore based Idea
(The Necros-Mage)
  1. Profane Body: You now have a resistance to poison and wither effects 25% (equipment upgrade)
  2. Profane Armor: Your Summons now have better equipment from the looted bodies of the dead who you fight. Gives your summons the same leather armor and Sword as other combatants have( basic vota equipment) (Equipment Upgrade)
  3. Profaned Regeneration: Your Healing pots are now turned into Splash potions of Poison (basic splash potion of poison), and you now are harmed by Healing potions and Regeneration effects while you are healed by Harming and Poison effects (This does NOT include Wither or other damage) You also gain the Profaning the Weak passive effect You (and you alone) regen 1 potion of poison every 60 seconds (Equipment Upgrade & Passive)
  4. Profaned Word: You yell out in an ancient tongue a profane curse weakening enemies in the area around you with weakness I and Nausia I (CD 45s)
  5. Profaned Ritual: Years of practice and study allows you to summon 1 Zombie and 1 Skeleton near you. They target only enemies who attack you or You attack. (basicly Wolf AI) They remain until ether killed or for 60 seconds. (CD 60s)
This class will be in an additional Tree most likely. As I believe adding this to the support tree collums will be a risky buisness. This still could be done as a combination to the existining support tree if Wanted to be trialed first before definate placement was made. This class is built to ACT like a support to the Minions you summon. This is an offensive support class that cause players to want to support their minions but be away from the teams healer. This class is NOT a Healer class nether is it a replacement for an actuall healer. The only way this class can heal is ether heal the minions they summon or heal someone with that has PROFANED REGENERATION trait otherwise. Note be advised that the Team's healer should try not to kill their teammate with healing potions nor the Minions they summon. Enemy teams who dont have Holy Grenade can use this tactic to Counter this class but must be advised that any Necros-Mage who is at the advanced levels of it can be healed through means of trying to harm them with harming pots.

Last edited:

MasterAegon

Slicer
I think Crypt is saving a class like this for the PvE concepts he's brainstormed. I obviously can't speak for him but I believe that's what he said.

I suggested something similar and I love the proposed skills. The minions would have to be purely harrassment I think, or a team of necros could wipe a map clean. Regardless, I love the thought. I hope to see it in some capacity whether it's VotA or in the future.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
This would be fun now wouldn't it.

My only concern is where does this go? Does it replace a tree? Is it an additional tree?

Also, PvE concepts would include new types of monsters/bosses/treasures/camps/etc around Loka, but I wouldn't be adding a 'class' like this to players for the regular world.

Edit: Moved to PvP. It's a better place for all things pvp, even if suggestions.

Last edited:

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
I feel this sort of thing would fit a new and larger battle ground. I think games like VOTA and the new capture the flag suit the current talent trees. However to help balance talents for larger battle grounds in the future we could add a whole new class talent trees like this. So while it sounds cool I don't think it fits the current system and will be one for the future.

mopb3

Slicer
I feel this sort of thing would fit a new and larger battle ground. I think games like VOTA and the new capture the flag suit the current talent trees. However to help balance talents for larger battle grounds in the future we could add a whole new class talent trees like this. So while it sounds cool I don't think it fits the current system and will be one for the future.
I'll translate:
Needs Nerfing.

I personally would love to see this class come into play, I know I'd use it.

gabrosen

Slicer
Pet Class lore based Idea
(The Necros-Mage)
  1. Profane Body: You now have a resistance to poison and wither effects 25% (equipment upgrade)
  2. Profane Armor: Your Summons now have better equipment from the looted bodies of the dead who you fight. Gives your summons the same leather armor and Sword as other combatants have( basic vota equipment) (Equipment Upgrade)
  3. Profaned Regeneration: Your Healing pots are now turned into Splash potions of Poison (basic splash potion of poison), and you now are harmed by Healing potions and Regeneration effects while you are healed by Harming and Poison effects (This does NOT include Wither or other damage) You also gain the Profaning the Weak passive effect You (and you alone) regen 1 potion of poison every 60 seconds (Equipment Upgrade & Passive)
  4. Profaned Word: You yell out in an ancient tongue a profane curse weakening enemies in the area around you with weakness I and Nausia I (CD 45s)
  5. Profaned Ritual: Years of practice and study allows you to summon 1 Zombie and 1 Skeleton near you. They target only enemies who attack you or You attack. (basicly Wolf AI) They remain until ether killed or for 60 seconds. (CD 60s)
This class will be in an additional Tree most likely. As I believe adding this to the support tree collums will be a risky buisness. This still could be done as a combination to the existining support tree if Wanted to be trialed first before definate placement was made. This class is built to ACT like a support to the Minions you summon. This is an offensive support class that cause players to want to support their minions but be away from the teams healer. This class is NOT a Healer class nether is it a replacement for an actuall healer. The only way this class can heal is ether heal the minions they summon or heal someone with that has PROFANED REGENERATION trait otherwise. Note be advised that the Team's healer should try not to kill their teammate with healing potions nor the Minions they summon. Enemy teams who dont have Holy Grenade can use this tactic to Counter this class but must be advised that any Necros-Mage who is at the advanced levels of it can be healed through means of trying to harm them with harming pots.

we should bring this subject back into play, its a great idea, maybe we can revise a new idea for talents or even for PVE armor set

Ajaxan

Slicer
PvP is going to need a big overhaul with 1.9, so when that rolls around in a few months perhaps this could be an addition?

gabrosen

Slicer
PvP is going to need a big overhaul with 1.9, so when that rolls around in a few months perhaps this could be an addition?

I agree, their are going to be a ton more pvp items and gameplay. Their will be many ideas for talent trees and we may even have to revise the current ones.

Ajaxan

Slicer
I think it might be worth it to have a small 1.9 vanilla test server so we can start to look at some of the changes that would be needed.

I had a snapshot 1.9 server to play with my friends for a bit. Mobs were 10x harder and fighting like you would in 1.8 or lower is severely punished. I've yet to fight against other players though.

At the very least you'd see some interesting new play styles. With shield beating bows, axes beating shields and bows beating axes you have a totally new way to play. Not to mention attack speeds and cleave damage.

Last edited:
Back